Scootalove

(edited)

img-1439777-1-Batman-Arkham-Origins-Logo

Release Date: October 25, 2013

Developers: Warner Bros. Games Montreal ©

Publishers: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Engine: Unreal Engine 3

Platforms: PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U

This game's storyline takes place several years before Batman: Arkham Asylum. A young less refined Batman becomes the target of assassins on Christmas Eve. So I want your opinions on this game. Do you think it will surpass its predecessors known as Arkham City or Arkham Asylum? So share your opinions.

Deathstroke is available as a downloadable content playable character but, only on challenge maps.

Possibly more pre-order options to be announced on Monday, May 20th.

Official Teaser Trailer©:

Official E3 Demo Gameplay:

• Joker is confirmed in Origins as a villain, since it is a prequel.
  • Deathstroke is confirmed as a villain but, he is a playable character if you pre-order or purchase the downloadable content.
  • The Riddler trophies from Arkham City and Arkham Asylum, are speculated to be scattered all around in Arkham Origins.
Edited by ★Chaotic Lightning★
  • Brohoof 3

No posts? Man, nobody be lovin' the Dark Knight up in here, that's just sad.

The very first thing I heard about this release was that Kevin Conroy wouldn't be voicing Batman. After my irrational fit of rage, I read the premise and saw that they're making a sort of "Year Two" game, and I was like "Oh, that makes sense."

I do remain skeptical that whatever team they have working on this could top Rocksteady, but hey, maybe the PC version will actually get a finished product this time with someone else developing it. Not exactly holding my breath, though.

• Brohoof 2

No posts? Man, nobody be lovin' the Dark Knight up in here, that's just sad.

The very first thing I heard about this release was that Kevin Conroy wouldn't be voicing Batman. After my irrational fit of rage, I read the premise and saw that they're making a sort of "Year Two" game, and I was like "Oh, that makes sense."

I do remain skeptical that whatever team they have working on this could top Rocksteady, but hey, maybe the PC version will actually get a finished product this time with someone else developing it. Not exactly holding my breath, though.

I thought someone would talk about the game but, I guess I'm the first one to. Rocksteady really did do good on Arkham City and Arkham Asylum. But I do have faith on Warner Bros. Games Montreal to make Arkham Origins very successful. Plus, the scenery of Arkham will have snow and be set in a Christmas setting.

This sounds pretty awesome, considering I beat both games multiple times. (Big Batman Fan Here)

The fact it's going to be winter in the game might bring out tons of new possible ways of stealth to use.

• Brohoof 1

I doubt that it'll surpass Batman: Arkham City, but I'm still very, very excited for this title (obviously).  Will have to wait and see what reviews are like before I get it, but right now, I'm loving what I've seen so far! yay.png

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Okay I updated the topic. There have been 2 trailers released about the game, and I'll put up the next information on the game. So gear up and keep posting about Origins. smile.png

Edited by ✮Chaotic Lightning

Shut up and take my bits! This looks awesome, but it's got some big shoes to fill. Arkham City is near perfection. I remember Arkham Asylum had that secret room that had the plans for Arkham City, and Joker's office in the steel mill in Arkham City had a sign pointing to a globe. I thought the next one was going to have a bigger world. That might still be true, I'll find out in October.

Well, looks like Kevin Conroy will be voicing Batman in this game. Fine by me, but I can't say I'm not a bit concerned. They gave Conroy his role in Batman Beyond because his age was reflecting in his voice acting a bit. I'm interested to see how he'll pull off a young Batman again after all this time.

I'm definitely excited for this game. The first two games were outstanding and this one looks just as good, if not better. And it will have a bigger world, Gotham is confirmed to be much larger than Arkham City. Whether that's a good or a bad thing remains to be seen, though I'm looking forward to it.

Well, looks like Kevin Conroy will be voicing Batman in this game. Fine by me, but I can't say I'm not a bit concerned. They gave Conroy his role in Batman Beyond because his age was reflecting in his voice acting a bit. I'm interested to see how he'll pull off a young Batman again after all this time.

Really now. I read a couple of articles that he won't be reprising his role as Batman but instead it's going to be Roger Craig Smith (Ezio, Sonic) who will be doing the dark knight's voice in this game. Oh and Troy Baker (Bioshock Infinite) as the Joker.

Really now. I read a couple of articles that he won't be reprising his role as Batman but instead it's going to be Roger Craig Smith (Ezio, Sonic) who will be doing the dark knight's voice in this game. Oh and Troy Baker (Bioshock Infinite) as the Joker.

That seems to be the official statement. But Conroy said at Dallas Comic Con, "I can talk about it now, we've been working for about 9-10 months on the next Arkham." Weird. Maybe he's doing another character?

That seems to be the official statement. But Conroy said at Dallas Comic Con, "I can talk about it now, we've been working for about 9-10 months on the next Arkham." Weird. Maybe he's doing another character?

It sounded more like he will be doing another Arkham game but not Origins according to his twitter. I guess he was overly excited.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45596

It sounded more like he will be doing another Arkham game but not Origins according to his twitter. I guess he was overly excited.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45596

Ah-HA! Well then, now that I know about $120 is slated to disappear...

I'm definitely digging Roger Craig Smith as young Batman, though.

• 3 weeks later...

News: Batman: Arkham Origins reveal & coverage will be shown on Tuesday, June 11th and it will be showcased at E3 where it will show the gameplay and Warner Bros. who worked on the game! So tune into E3 for the reveal!

• 1 month later...

Update: A bit of a update on the voice actors and the people that are working on Arkham Origins. So, I introduce to you.. the voice actors and the team working on Batman: Arkham Origins!