Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you play Ghosthunter in a real haunted house?

Silverhoof

http://theshadowlands.net/places/

This is a massive listing of haunted place all around the US and England.

OK this is just a starting off point. But would you and a bunch of friends poke around one of these places with flashlights? Just for what you can see?

Me: I am a skeptic, but I would love to go with a group and poke around some place gothic like a castle.

The site even gives tips on ghost hunting.

Most abandoned buildings are privately owned and need permission to enter. and even with permission, its a good idea to meet with local police and let them know when and where you will be and show them your permission documents.

I'm not adding a poll, just say if you would go with a group of friends and play Scooby Doo for a night...

I would!

• Brohoof 1

I have actually. There is a place in tullahoma tennesse named south jackson. I used to a civil war hospital back in the day, now it is an arts centre. Let me tell you, at night time the place is creepy. in the auditorium, on the balcony, there is a seat that will mysterious come down without any one meddling. If you sit in it, another will go down nearby, as a chill runs up your spine. Shit you not, i witnessed it. Door were slammed with no-one there, and we had some crazy things come up on our ghost radar. Yes, ghost radar. Its an app for smartphones. Now, if you're anything like me, you don't believe it. Thats a stupid idea how could that possibly work. We eventually walked into a dark room, and then the ghost radar says (It apparently picks up low frequency sound waves) coat. We look over in the corner, and sure enough, there is a coatrack with a single coat on it, and in the pocket there is a namecard. An old one. Later we went upstairs. on attempt to open a door, there was a force pushing us back, and the radar said "Dick". Are you kidding me? That ghost just called us dicks. Later we go in a room, and the radar says tree. In the corner of the room, there is a christmas tree. It then says flag ground, and at our feet, sure enough, is an american flag. It sounds farfetchd, but this all really happened. Later we had described to us by single words, a murder. The ghost said it was an accident. We looked up records, and once again, we were surprised to find a man murdered there by the same name the ghost supplied us with. A harrowing experience, to say the least.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 years later...

I have technically done this already actually. Me, my brother and his girlfriend stayed at Waverly Hills Sanitarium in Louisville Kentucky, supposedly one of the most haunted places in the world where thousands perished, staying for about 2-3 hours at night and we had audio and video recording equipment with us, nothing fancy though. We didn't get anything at all, apart from 2 rather suspicious audio recordings that we could never pin down. Staying there pretty much made me abandon belief in ghosts altogether, but that recording still does perplex me.

• Brohoof 2

I have seen what others have found, and heard stories... but i dont actualy know. i would love it to be true!

that said, i would rather go by myself, with so much tech on me that i would shame all other ghost hunters!!! 

IF there was something there I would find it... no scary shakey camera that just barly showes a shadow..... just no.

i would have overlay infared, night vission, grey scale hd (best i can get), with hd regular color, and an electromagnetic camera!!!

I would have recording/ real time playback of EVP. Throw in super batteries, in an over abundance.

and I would walk "the place" for 24 hours, starting in the day, so I know the area, and staying till its day again. making my presence known by all that is there. Because of my ludicrously high curiosity... well, if it moves, I will find out why! because I WANT PROOF.

what can I say, I'm a scientist! so what if I'm a "mad" one....lol

(picture Denzel Crocker, substitute "FARIES" with "GHOSTS")

• Brohoof 1

Id be really excited to do something like that. Im a skeptic, but I'd go all out trying to find some actual solid evidence. Just to give a particular memory I had as a child some closure.

Sure I would, on the stipulation that I don't know beforehand what kind of ghosts are said to haunt the place. If I'd experience something with no prior knowledge, which happens to have been seen dozens of time before, it gives credence to the idea of a ghost, whereas seeing something that no one else has ever seen makes it easier to write it off as my imagination.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe I would go in there to catch some ghost Pokemon with the Pokemon Go app now that is the closest you'll ever get to catching a real ghost. 

Hmmm I wonder if Pokeballs can count as a ghost catching apparatus. 

Edited by cider float

Yeah, I would go and try it out. I watch lots of ghost hunting shows on TV and it's hard to be completely skeptical, but I don't just swallow everything I'm told either. I'd like to see for myself what's in some of these places and do the stuff I'm always yelling at the TV screen for the ghost hunters to do "Get a damn head-mounted GoPro on!" "Get those blasted EMF pumps rolling!" "Use all of your equipment all the time, don't just wait until you missed a great opportunity and try and recapture it later!" 

Of course, it's easy to act all cavalier to hit the trenches, because it would be scary, but I'd be too curious not to try it. I'd have to scope it out in the daytime first though, just to know if there are any weak floors or other potential dangers involved. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

I would never take more than a few steps into such a place; especially during the hours of the night. I am very much afraid of ghosts, demons, etc. and just thinking about the inside of these sorts of places freaks me out. I would, for sure, be the one scaredy cat of the group who would end up crying and running away.

^_^

• Brohoof 2

Now that I watched videos about some really haunting experiences today, I probably wouldn't volunteer.  :adorkable:  And if I somehow ended up being a part of some ghosthunting group, I'd definitely be the one who clings to one of the people for the whole time and makes pathetic noises. And probably cries too. I've always strongly believed in paranormal things and I wouldn't want to disturb the spirits just like that either.

The main thing I would be worried about would be someone else scaring me, not the ghosts, cause personally I don't believe in anything supernatural. Though IF it were real, it might actually be fun to try out as long as I don't get haunted to death later on.