Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the most recent video game you beat?

Sepia-chan

Last month I picked up Grand Theft Auto IV for my PC. It was only $15 at Walmart so I thought why not. It was one of the best games I've beaten. :) Can't wait til they port GTA V to PC. I've heard great stuff about that one too.

Not really beat, but I'm recently into. Since well the game I bought it technically unbeatable.

Terraria, 2 dollars on sale via steam. I thought I might as well try it out since it was kind of a hype. A bunch of my friends bought and played it. I was thinking it might be a cheap scale Minecraft 2D but in all honestly it was reaaaaally good. My friends and I are hooked. The features in the game are just amazing. Terraria has the things you want in Minecraft. But in 2D.

It looks like it was actually Spec Ops: The Line, on 10/14.

I sat down and started it up on hard mode to finally beat it since everyone kept talking about it recently. It was okay. The story was alright, but a masterpiece if compared to stories in modern shooter games. I'm not sure I'd really recommend it though. For me, I think it was definitely just okay.

• 2 months later...

Wow. It was a long time ago. I have played TF2 most of the time. Would being about 35th-40th ranked in an Arena server count? If not, my last time was like months ago. I beat Fallout 3 with all DLC.

Edited by Twilight Sniper

Sonic lost world. I didn't feel like I would have completed it unless I did ALL OF THE LEVELS, so after the final boss (which is probably the easiest boss I have ever faced in a sonic game) there were four bonus levels that you could do. The last bonus level was a total drunk moment. (In all fairness it was 3:00 AM) But it is like this thing where you need to escape from a giant, furry, black-eyed pac-man. I swear, the game designers ran out of ideas and decided the jack with people.

I finally managed to beat Final Fantasy 4. I don't know if it was just because I was over-leveled or not, but the final boss wasn't all that hard. Just spam Bahamut/Meteor and he goes down like a wimp.

Just beat The Swapper. While most adventure-puzzle games with a story go for a pretty humorous setting (ie, Portal, Quantum Conundrum) Swapper was super-eerie, and even dramatic at the end. I think in my ending I killed an innocent person - not out of deliberate choice, but out of panic in an attempt to survive.

What's more, after going on YouTube, I think I like the other ending more.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Is it funny that I beat the game on my first try without acquiring the Red Tunic? Although it wasn't Hero mode so I guess it's no big deal. I think the most absurd thing I did in the game was beating the Treacherous Tower in Advanced with the Green Tunic. I think I started out with a blue potion, two red potions and a fairy and came back out with only empty bottles and a handful of hearts.

What has to be the funniest thing I've done has to be when I faced the boss of the Tower of Hera. At a certain point, it was just going too fast for me to get to and strike with the sword because it kept going offscreen. By pure stroke of luck, I blindly launched an arrow and it hit his tail off the screen which is what killed it. That got me laughing.

I really loved the way the story came to a close. And what a twist to learn who Ravio was all along! Though it kinda makes sense in hindsight.

Metal Gear Rising. A really, really short game -- I'm talking less than 5 hrs long. Maybe hack n' slash games are just always short compared to other games :/

Anyway not a bad game, though it's mostly just flashy.

Edited by Mutemutt

My most recent game completion was Batman Arkham Asylum on PC.  now I'm getting a start on Arkham City with a bit of Dead Space 2 on the side.

Edited by sgamer82