Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the most recent video game you beat?

Sepia-chan

I finally beat Tomba. I've played the game on and off since it came out but never got very far until this run. This time I actually put the effort into beating it. There's so many sidequests in the game it's almost overwhelming. Or it would be if the flow of the game wasn't so silky smooth and lets you complete them super quickly, even if it takes literally half the game from the start to end of a quest. Sometimes you'll find and finish them at the same time. Gotta give the game credit for packing so much into such small levels. Definitely a good example of taking advantage of nearly every part of a level. No real empty spaces.

Onward to Tomba 2 now.

• 4 weeks later...

I beat Super Mario Odyssey, only within three days of playing it. I can happily say that I really enjoyed it and will be returning to it soon. 

I finally beat the final boss in Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (PS1). I had been procrastinating for a long time on this game. lol

I was kinda let down on how easy it was to defeat the sorceress. Still have a couple dragon eggs left to collect and some gems. To my surprise, 100% completion wasn't required to get revenge on Moneybags. He showed up after defeating the sorceress. Man, I enjoyed every second of torching and charging into Moneybags!   :sneer:

17 hours ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Final Fantasy 15. Heard bad things about the game, got it anyways, best 60 hours of my life.

The game is pretty different now than when I first played it at release from what I've heard but I thoroughly enjoyed the game. I even got all the trophies in the base game. I'll have to replay it when they finally get the last of the DLC out.

---

Meanwhile I finished Toy Story 2 on the PS1. The wait to play the Toy Story world in Kingdom Hearts 3 led me to replay it. I had never gotten 100% in it before so I made sure I did that this time. Didn't even unlock anything, it was just a thing to do. 

Think it was Celeste, several months ago (I don't play many games with a traditional 'end' these days).

At least, I finished the 'main' story, haven't gotten around to doing the B sides or whatever else there is.

I beat Thief 2: The Metal Age last week. It's an excellent game. Pretty much every mission was awesome. I'm in the middle of playing Thief Gold again, but I'll play Thief 2 again as soon as I'm done with it.