Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the most recent video game you beat?

Sepia-chan

• 1 month later...

Recently completed the campaign for Modern Wafare 2-022. Was mostly pleasantly surprised by it. It had a couple of irritating missions (Recon by Fire for example) and it wasnt anything mindblowing, but I did really appreciate the production value and acting. I also think the campaign early access was a brilliant move as it gave me ample time to take it in. The gunplay is absolutely superb in the game, somehow topping MW2019, which already had the best gunplay in the series. 

Also the campaign was visually stunning in many parts on Series X, even while running at 120fps. 

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

Silent Hill 4: The Room. This game was a mess, definitely. Too padded and too repetitive with insultingly lazy game design in the latter half, and the story was not even close to as grabbing to me as anything from the original trilogy, I really can't say better than what's already been said critically about it. After playing this, I staunchly disagree with the franchise's decline being blamed on "the West just not being able to make good Silent Hill games"...because I honestly enjoyed Origins more than this. Flawed as it was, Origins definitely felt more like Silent Hill to me and I honestly felt that Travis had more character to him than Henry with him having an actual backstory. The new Silent Hill news definitely cured the disappointment I felt from this game at least. I really want the West to finally prove the stigma surrounding them about Silent Hill wrong. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

GoW Ragnarok. I still need to beat Gna. She is insane. I don’t want to turn on any accessory options or lower the difficulty… but damn she can almost one shot me if I don’t have a high D and Vitality build. 

Lisa: The Painful. A depressing, funny, gross and all too realistic post-apocalyptic rpg about life, loss and the renewed hopes of pulling the Hottest Dance on all the earth. I whole-heartedly and gut-wrenchingly recommend this rpg-maker game, as well the dlc/expansion/sequel/slashing continuation. Lisa: The Joyful.

And hopefully, the existential dread does not end there. As there are multiple fan projects based on Lisa. Namely; Lisa: The hopeful. Which I'll be trying out right now, after getting my levels of sugar high enough to stave off the multiple mood debuffs this game inflicts on the actual player. Perhaps, some honey cookies, as well.

I bought A Hat in Time's DLCs - Nyakuza Metro and Seal the Deal/Death Wish and finished them both. As for Death Wish, I've beaten 99/114 challenges, which I gotta say isn't bad for someone who's only beaten the game twice.

Here Comes Niko!, it's a platformer from the same developer as AHIT that looks like Paper Mario and a lighter, softer version. It's an 8/10, strong gameplay, half-assed ending. 

Super Mario 3D World

Edited by Sasoriman