Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the most recent video game you beat?

Sepia-chan

Fallout 2. I play the original fallout games every year because I love them.

Also, I just installed the restoration project despite some mixed reviews regarding the added content, because I wanted to try a talking head mod. It was pretty good for the most part. I mean, I didn't play most of the new content for the sake of nostalgy. Because the "original" experience brings me back. And it is my intention to re-live it once in a while. But the improvements to environmental detail was a welcomed change, and some of the added voice-acting was pretty on par with the original.

Fallout 1, 2 and new vegas are up there for me. If only bethesda had put more focus into meaningful dialogue and choices with fallout 4. Not that I have played it, yet. But according to what I've heard. There is a wide gap in writing quality between the base game, and say - the Far Harbor dlc. Which goes to show where the main strength of fallout lies. Everything else is secondary to the rpg elements. And then there is Nuka-World where it goes downhill once again, apparently.

Still, I think fallout 4 can be enjoyable with the right mindset. Which mostly requires the absence of a mind. Since bethesda has a different design philosophy, focusing a little too much on action and exploration. But it is not so bad as long as you can invest some of your imagination into this action/adventure/shooter/looter/building/management/rpg. Something that is difficult when the main motivation of your character has been determined for you. Which makes me all the more excited for the Fallout 4 New Vegas mod that is to come out in the distant future. Because that is honestly the main reason I want to get fallout 4.

So I can re-play new vegas. Hahaha. That is my dream. Fallout New Vegas with the mproved gunplay mechanics and power armor from fallout 4. No building sh*t or looking for my son. Just the courier and the lonesome road. Speaking of which, I didn't take into account the dlc content. So, make that twenty years. The problem is that they need to re-record the voices for the entire game. And they cannot get monetary support because of copyright and whatnot. Which is unfortunate but understandable. But I would throw money at them, if that wasn't the case. I would pepper them like a nice caesar salad just to get my hands on a fallout new vegas made with the fallout 4 engine.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

A few weeks ago, me and my brother completed Kirby and the Forgotten Land (co-op gameplay). It was very fun for a first-time 3D Kirby game, albeit we found it kinda easy.

• Brohoof 2

A Link Between Worlds. Second time I finish it overall :unsure:. Now I’m back to BOTW. Shortest timeframe between playthroughts so far, as it’s been less than a year since I last played it :huh:(I have to see the changes in Tears of the Kingdom)

• 4 weeks later...

Done with Breath of the Wild. With that out of the way, I think I have time to spare for the rest of my Zelda marathon, before Tears of the Kingdom. Majora’s Mask and Spirit Tracks are the only long ones I have left

At the risk of starting something, Hogwarts Legacy. I’m still grinding for the platinum, but I finished it last week. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
17 hours ago, Jeric said:

At the risk of starting something, Hogwarts Legacy. 

Huh? What’s wrong with Harry Potter :huh:? Never known HL had any common AAA game problem like game breaking bugs and wannot

Edited by Steve Piranha

2 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Huh? What’s wrong with Harry Potter :huh:? Never known HL had any common AAA game problem like game breaking bugs and wannot

probably all the controversary about Rowling and trans wanting to boycot the game because of the ID

41 minutes ago, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

probably all the controversary about Rowling and trans wanting to boycot the game because of the ID

There wasn’t anything hateful there in the first place :scoots:

Resident Evil REmake. It’s still really good. Part of me wants to see it remade in style of the RE2-4 remakes, but I don’t think they will….nor do I think they should