Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you find facial hair unattractive?

ActFast231

Do you find facial hair unattractive?  

70 users have voted

1. 1. Do you find facial hair gross or unattractive?

• Yes.
    • No
    • No opinion

This question is mainly for the ladies on the forum, do you find facial hair on guys gross or unattractive? I was curious what the general opinion was.

• Brohoof 3

Though I'm coming from a guys point of view, I still wanted to answer.

I find it off putting and a generally disliked quality as opposed to clean-shaven people. 

(accidently put no, but it's a yes)

Well, in some instances, a beard can be very appealing, but overall I would say it is an off-putting characteristic. I'm kind of a filthy hypocrite though because I'm constantly forgetting to shave XD

• Brohoof 1

I personally don't find it very attractive, maybe since it might be associated with older-than-me guys in my head, but it's not like, an automatic "no, I'd never take a second look at this guy."

(edited)

I am bisexual so wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am gonna answer.

I dunno, I suppose I do, depending on what it is exactly. If it is overdone then yes, like full on redneck type stuff. Not too fond of that honestly, from an attraction point of view. Goatees and whatnot are fine though. Simple mustaches are fine as well, again, not overdone. I try to not be picky, but I guess I am in some ways....I shouldn't be because it isn't like I deserve anyone in the first place. In general, I suppose I prefer someone who is clean shaved.

Hmmm, does that qualify as a yes?

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

I'm just gonna throw my opinion into the blender of discussion. Neck-beards are weird. Dude, shave that thing... You can keep the 'stache, you can keep the goatee, but the neck beard's gotta go. 

• Brohoof 1

As a guy, I don't like facial hair. It tends to make people look a bit (or a lot in some cases) older as well as sometimes change how people perceive them. Depending on how the bear/mustache is cut/shaped, it can also make people look good/mature, but that is also in the eyes of the beholder.

For now, I'll stick to keeping my face clean of hair and keeping myself looking young ;). People have actually asked me how old I was because I work the 3rd shift, but I also looked to young to be able to work during those hours :P

(edited)

Well, in my opinion as a man, having no mustache or beard feels like my face is naked. I mean, who doesn't find this attractive?

post-10241-0-60987600-1368076306_thumb.png

Facial hair makes men look more manly.

Well, I'm just too lazy to shave. laugh.png

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

As a lady answering this question, I will have to say that I LOVE facial hair! I think it can be VERY attractive, but I wouldn't say it's a requirement for me by any means. A bonus, perhaps. :D

• Brohoof 3

i know this topic was meant for the ladies, but I thought i'd share my input because i'm bored and can't sleep.

Now with a brief statement my opinion shall be given. To be honest I do not find women with facial hair to be attractive.

• Brohoof 1

I am a 27 female and I find facial hair VERY attractive.  The hairier the better; I love thick beards. I guess to me it's a sign of virility.  Though it's only been in the past oh I'd say 5 years or so that I have started to really like facial hair.  I think for women there is definitely an age factor.  When I was a tween I didn't like any more than just a slight dusting no matter what age man, the older I grew the more I began to like it more and more not only on the face but other parts of the body eg. chest hair used to make me gag but now I prefer a guy with a little chest hair, no back hair though that's still pretty much a no-no :)  Strangely enough as I have aged I have done a complete turn-around I actually find clean shaven men to be unnatractive.  I think one thing that influences my taste in facial hair is my family.  I have grown up surrounded by men who look just like the Robertsons on Duck Dynasty.  I definitely don't like my husband clean shaven, makes him look like a prepuscent teen.... quite off-putting; right now he has a full beard but a shaved head, which I think is very handsome wub.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It depends on the guy. Some men can wear facial hair better than others. A little bit of facial hair can make a guy look a little more manly, but sometimes clean cut is just plain nicer looking. I will say, I'm not fond of thick Santa Claus beards or anything that looks scraggly. Guys should take a little bit of pride in their facial hair if they're gonna have it. Oh, and I don't care for mustaches. tongue.png

Edited by Sugar Cube

It really depends.For example,Robert Downey Jr. looks amazing with a beard and makes men like me swoon for him jealous that we can't look that good with facial hair.Now take somebody like,say,Keanu Reeves.Amazing guy with a loving personality,but he looks much better clean shaven than he does with a beard.It's really dependent on the guy himself and how he wears the beard.

(edited)

Coming from a guy who has been experimenting with different levels of facial hair, all I can say is: it depends. Different people have different facial structure, and different kinds of facial hair (or no facial hair) can accent different faces in different ways, it's all a matter of finding what your bone structure best suits, and accenting your face in that way.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon

i know this topic was meant for the ladies, but I thought i'd share my input because i'm bored and can't sleep.

Now with a brief statement my opinion shall be given. To be honest I do not find women with facial hair to be attractive.

I have to admit, I actually really giggled when I read that last line. The fact it's a bit late doesn't help either.

I am a 27 female and I find facial hair VERY attractive.  The hairier the better; I love thick beards. I guess to me it's a sign of virility.  Though it's only been in the past oh I'd say 5 years or so that I have started to really like facial hair.  I think for women there is definitely an age factor.  When I was a tween I didn't like any more than just a slight dusting no matter what age man, the older I grew the more I began to like it more and more not only on the face but other parts of the body eg. chest hair used to make me gag but now I prefer a guy with a little chest hair, no back hair though that's still pretty much a no-no smile.png  Strangely enough as I have aged I have done a complete turn-around I actually find clean shaven men to be unnatractive.  I think one thing that influences my taste in facial hair is my family.  I have grown up surrounded by men who look just like the Robertsons on Duck Dynasty.  I definitely don't like my husband clean shaven, makes him look like a prepuscent teen.... quite off-putting; right now he has a full beard but a shaved head, which I think is very handsome img-1447687-1-wub.png

"I think for women there is definitely an age factor."  I actually have to agree with this statement. I'm 27 and I really began to like facial hair as I got more into my 20's. When I was younger, clean shaven was a bit more appealing, but as I gotten older it definitely has switched.

• Brohoof 1

Haters be cray-cray, MY facial hair makes me look motherbucking FABULOUS.

...You probably think I'm kidding, but I'm totally not. Comparing old pics of me clean-shaven to how I look now, it's really no contest. You'd be surprised how much character a goatee can add to an otherwise bland face.

Now, whether the ladies enjoy kissing a dude with facial hair, that's a completely different tale...

• Brohoof 3

Personally, I dislike facial hair.

Especially when kissing...it just seems so gross. I also hate it when I'm kissing my boyfriend and he recently shaved his beard, so it scratches against my face.... That is the worst ._.

I used to like facial hair, for some reason that I cannot explain, it just seemed more appealing. But when I first kissed a guy that owned a beard, I instantly hated facial hair. As I said above, it's all hairy...and gross. :c

Well, that's my opinion on facial hair.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I don't find guys attractive. But if I did, I can't say I would like facial hair. It seems like it would make kissing less ...comfortable. But that's all I can really say about it... lol. I just don't know exactly where I'd stand. Obviously, there are plenty of girls who do like it (otherwise so many guys wouldn't grow it out. lol), so don't listen to me. I just really don't find anything attractive about men...

(edited)

All hair aside from eyebrow and head hair freaks the shit outta me. I remember this guy I dated (the last male I dated) asked me if I shaved my legs every day to which I replied "Usually" and I kid you not he said, "Well could you try to get stricter about that because it's kind of gross." Then when I asked HIM to shave his beard, chest, and legs he said that was weird.... ugh I do NOT like hair.

Edited by Mint_Melody

^/////^ Stubble is one of the best physical features on a guy, IMHO. I had a crush on Aragorn for years because he could pull off the long hair/stubble look, and look totally awesome with a sword to top it all off.

And Robert Downey Jr. is gorgeous, beard or no beard, but I prefer facial hair on him as well. <3 It really depends on the guy...

It depends. A bunch of stay, gray hair protruding off an overweight elderly man wearing a tank top... eww. But a beard, or a goatee, or something that's controlled on a younger man is very attractive. Just based on how it's worn I guess.

I don't find facial hair gross at all. I'm madly in love with my fiance and I think he looks very attractive with facial hair (he's the sexiest man alive in my humble opinion but I guess I'm a little biased cause I love him so much. And he's an r&b singer so I guess it's expected for him to take care of himself and look so good). But he's also just as attractive when he's clean shaven. He's gonna be turning 32 in November but when he shaves he looks like he's my age.