Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Canterlot Library Book Club (Podcast Casting Call)

Legendary Emerald

(edited)

Do you enjoy fanfiction? Do you annoy all your uninterested friends by going on and on about the latest update to your favorite Grimdark Adventure Shipfic starring Twilight Sparkle and Tom the Rock? Wouldn't you rather talk with some people who care about the same things you do?

Let me tell you about a quirkly little book club/podcast I'm putting together...

“The Canterlot Library Book Club” (name pending) is a once a week get-together for fanfiction lovers to discuss the material they love so much. Each week, a member of the podcast will be given the opportunity to choose the fanfiction that all members (and listeners) are expected to read before the next online get-together. When the meetings start, we discuss what we've read, give our opinions, and generally discuss the contents of that fanfiction. If possible, after we've said our pieces, the author him/herself might even join in to give us their own two-cents, and be open to questions we might have. The meeting ends with the decision made for what will be covered at next week's meeting, and the cycle continues.

How can you join this club? Well, all you'd need to do is tune in to the podcast and read along with the hosts. But if you're interested in becoming a host, now is the time to let it be known, because positions are limited. Too many cooks spoil the pot, after all. The following are the requirements for anyone interested in joining the podcast:

1. You must have a genuine love for fanfiction, and generally have “good” taste.

2. You must be open to reading all genres of fanfiction, and are not put off by sometimes mature content. This may include violence, swearing, and homosexual relationships. No fanfiction for pure titillation’s sake, “clop”, will be read in the book club, though.

3. You must be able to meet online for the recording of the book club meeting for one hour or more, once a week.

4. You must be able to discuss your opinions in an intelligible way, and get along with others even when you don't agree with them. Along with this, a passable microphone is necessary for your words to be heard.

5. You must be able to read a fanfiction each week, which will vary in length from short to very long, depending on the week's selection.

6. *In the event that the podcast is broadcast live while it is being recorded, you would need to be able to be present each week at the same time. This matter is still up in the air though, and I'd prefer it the podcast to be recorded in advance of being aired, if it is aired in any capacity other than a download link.*

Still interested? Great! Please respond in this thread with your reasons for why you want to become a host and why you should be accepted. Also include a link and short, spoiler free summary of 1 fanfiction which you love dearly, or is your all time favorite. But don't go into too much detail; if you become a host, you'll be able to discuss it on the show. img-1447624-1-wink.png

The cast thus far (this is not set in stone) includes...

1. Legendary Emerald (aka Serah Anastos, aka myself)

2. Questio (Pending)

3. ???

4. ???

Also, depending on the amount of feedback this thread receives, and the quality of submissions, the cast limit might be made higher to allow more hosts.

Edited by Serah Anastos
  • Brohoof 2

I have a question I would like to ask regarding to this club. Will the members meet each other and discuss about the fan fiction via Skype?

I have a question I would like to ask regarding to this club. Will the members meet each other and discuss about the fan fiction via Skype?

Skype will most likely be the program of choice, but depending on if the show makes its way to any of the fandom radio stations, different software may be used. There should be no need for hosts to purchase new software for the program, though.