Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Code Lyoko! Returning in 2012!

Zero000

The show that marked my childhood, one of the best shows in the world, other than MLP:

It was almost too much nostalgia to take in after 5 years, but to hear that it's coming back..this is so much I'm vomiting more rainbows than normal..

If you haven't seen it, (This is what I can remember) the show is basically an anime - originated in France - about kids who are constantly in danger of their lives, but have found a way to "reset" the world before the problem started. They use this virtual world named Lyoko where they have to get to some sort of tower while fighting through some creatures made by this main antagonist called X.A.N.A. Everything else is a bit hazy after 5-6 years.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJCTzNhYEv4

Edited by Zero
  • Brohoof 6

Hold on, really? Dind't saw this one coming, and Wikipedia says, "The series will be filmed in live-action in France, but the Lyoko scenes will still be CGI." Could be interesting.

YES!!!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed the original series, can't wait for the new one. Plus, the theme song is incredibly catchy. Seriously. I just wish they would leave it animated instead of live action, but who knows, it might work out well.

Posted Image

I hated that show.

...I don't want it to return. D:

I dislike that show so much -.-' ~

Any reason why?

I'm glad to hear it though. I never got to finish the series... but I loved it! My favourite character is Aelita. It got really good and interesting near Season 2. I remember I used to record it on tape. I thought the CG parts were kind of awesome looking, and gave the show its own original charm. Where is it returning? Cartoonnetwork?

Any reason why?

It's been a while, but I remember trying to watch it and just hating it.

It got a lot of attention from people on the internet so I tried it again, and again I didn't like it.

I hate the animation, I thought the plot was boring and all the characters were blan.

It just seemed so stupid :/.

I really tried though. ~

• Brohoof 3

It's been a while, but I remember trying to watch it and just hating it.

It got a lot of attention from people on the internet so I tried it again, and again I didn't like it.

I hate the animation, I thought the plot was boring and all the characters were blan.

It just seemed so stupid :/.

I really tried though. ~

I can understand. When I first saw it, I really didn't like it. At the time, I had no Internet, so I knew nothing of it. But curiousity got the better of me, and I kept watching it. Then I started liking it more. I like Season 2 the most, since there was more of a plot than season 1.

I'll agree on one thing though, the animation is kind of weird. I dunno, its just.. different. The CG is pretty cool though, and I like that it shows Lyoko is a completely different world. Its not my favorite series, but I really liked it. But to each their own, at least you tried watching it! :)

• Brohoof 1

I loved this show so much! I had poor people TV when this show was airing, so I rarely saw a full episode. Then I learned the name and watched it on the internet. I love you internet :3

• 1 month later...

I don't have a picture or a gif to describe the joy I felt when I saw this topic.

I remember watching Code Lyoko every day on Miguzi or whatever Cartoon Network had. That show was soooo awesomeeee I forgot about it until now.

I hate CGI a lot... but this show made good use of it, so I don't/didn't mind.

Live-action and CGI makes me worry, though. :/ Two worst things for cartoons IMO. If it sucks, oh well, I'll still have the awesome memories this show gave me.

It's already come back. There's two episodes on demand, I know that much.

Watched 'em earlier today while I was babysitting. A rainbow came outta my mouth.

But is it just me or does the acting....lack a bit?