Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Donating to Hasbro. Help!

elijah254

Hi, I really love MLP and I feel the hub is not making lots of money because we watch our episodes on the internet and on youtube. I want to donate $310 to the hub but I cant find a donation box..

where can I go to give them a donation for making a good show...

Edited by Jonke

You want to give the Hub $310 right off the bat?

The best way to give them money is to actually support them.

You can buy their products with it:

-Toys and Accessories

-DVDs and such

T-shirts can also be worn to support both the show and bronies.

Have fun with your wad of cash!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

but where can I give the show money.. maybe not the hub, but maybe i can give Lauren Faust some money.

Im hoping my money can help the show in some way.

I dont want to look wierd buying a bunch of girl toys. I rather just give it directly to them..

Edited by elijah254

(edited)

or you know you could just buy some of their merch, I mean that is their bread and butter. Wait what am I saying?

I dont see any ( non little girl) mlp stuff in any of my stores where I am..

I dont want to purchase 1 episode at a time on the apple store..

Edited by elijah254

You could always buy episodes off iTunes too. Even if you don't have an iPod or iPhone, you could still watch them on the computer. Also, places like Walmart and Target have DVDs, in the toys section. My Walmart has the "Friendship Express" DVD, and the nearby Target has "Canterlot Celebration" (or somethign like that.)

EDIT: Ninja'd. Can't you buy whole seasons at once on iTunes?

Edited by Kapi

(edited)

I guess ill just go buy some dvds then :D...

But how does the show make money if we watch everything on the internet, and men dont buy kids toys.

Edit: I dont know if you can buy all the episodes, I just saw that when i searched for episodes all I got was individual episodes.I guess ill look again.

Edited by elijah254

I live in the middle of nowhere and even the small stores around here carry those Mlp fruit snacks and activity books.

Men dont buy kid toys...Ok then didnt get the memo

Edited by SrFrog

I guess ill just go buy some dvds then :D... But how does the show make money if we watch everything on the internet

Nothing, but it doesn't matter for me and many many others.

Why?

Outside of America.

Can't buy the episodes, or watch them on TV.

May not want to buy via iTunes either, I don't, iTunes is horrible and I'd prefer not to donate to Apple.

men dont buy kids toys.

They do.

(edited)

I live in the middle of nowhere and even the small stores around here carry those Mlp fruit snacks and activity books.

I live on a area of land surrounded by giant mountains and we have to drive 1 hour to get to a grocery store..

Nothing, but it doesn't matter for me and many many others.

Why?

Outside of America.

Can't buy the episodes, or watch them on TV.

May not want to buy via iTunes either, I don't, iTunes is horrible and I'd prefer not to donate to Apple.

They do.

im not exactly a man yet but It would look weird to have a bunch of girl toys and im a big rugby player..

edit: and i dont like apple

Edited by elijah254

Hasbro owns gold mines like Transformers, and the MLP show is earning plenty of money from merchandise, not to mention Lauren Faust is rich.

Keep your money and spend it on something nice, buy their products or DvDs. I do have to say, you're amazingly nice, wanting to donate that money. c:

• Brohoof 1

That's a really nice intention, but I don't think it's worth it. Hasbro is one of the largest toy companies in the world. 310$ is absolutely NOTHING to them.

From a quick Google search, I found out that their annual revenue in 2010 was about 750 million dollars with around 50 millions $ of profit.

If anything, you should donate directly to the studio who makes the show. It's them that make the show so awesome afterall, not Hasbro; they just own the name.

But like others have suggested, I suggest you keep your money to buy things that you like. It's nice to give to others, but Hasbro doesn't really need tgat money. You'd be better off giving all that money to some stranger you see on the street. At least it would make one person really happy instead of just making one Hasbro executive go "hmm? whatever"

But of course, if you truly want to support the company, you can always buy their products. But my recommendation is do not buy anything just for the sake of supporting a company. If you feel you aren't going to use the pony merchendise, then don't bother buying it.

Another option you should consider though is buying Pony merchandise and donating it to children whose parents can't afford them. Now THAT would be a kind gesture (and it would support the company at the same time)