Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

resolved Non-Pony Artwork Problem?

Hazardus_Havard.
Go to solution Solved by NavelColt,

(edited)

I'm not sure if everyone else on this site has been having this problem.  Whenever I go to the Non-Pony Artwork area, I can't click the individual links below the title (first picture).  Whenever I do, the link leads me to an area with nothing in it at all, as if I'm trying to search something (second picture).  I'm really confused here.

This is really strange for me.  While I can click the Non-Pony Artwork link and look through that, I'd prefer being able to click the bottom links to filter exactly what I'd like to see, such as art or fan fiction for example.  Is anyone else having this problem?

post-5025-0-64079800-1368260651.png

post-5025-0-74220700-1368260655_thumb.png

Edited by The Wife of Law

Firstly, moved to the help board. Keep in mind that questions don't belong in the feedback section :3

Yup, I can tell you exactly why those don't work. They're prefixes. Prefixes are a type of tag that an entire group of topics get, to differentiate them from other topics. They're an alternative to making subforums, as they differentiate topics, inside a forum. They're colored, and you'll find them in Media Discussion as well. They may also be used in future forums. Unfortunately, our tag search system has been busted for a long, long time (I'm not even sure if it's ever worked to start with xP). If you go into any given topic, and click one of the small tags underneath the thread title, you'll find those also go to a 'No results found' page. Same problem. The search system refuses to work when you're trying to search by prefix or tag, and this is a known bug that simply hasn't been fixable yet.

I cover much of this issue in this topic. Key has it on his list of things to do when the forum gets a coding rewrite in the not so distant future. At that point, a lot of things we can't fix in today's age, we should be able to fix then, once everything is written in simpler coding language that both Key and Feld0 fully understand. At that point, searching via prefixes and tags should work again.

• Brohoof 4

Huh.  I didn't realize that it's been a problem for a while now.  Well, at least I know it might be fixed someday in the future.  I'd like to be able to have ease when going through that area since it's a pain trying to look at one particular section while being clogged with things I don't want to see.

Also, green background?  I did not realize that background colors can be changed!  Did I miss something about how to do that?  I would LOVE to have my background in purple.  It would make seeing things simpler for me depending on the color since bright white all the time tires my eyes out seeing all the time.

Huh.  I didn't realize that it's been a problem for a while now.  Well, at least I know it might be fixed someday in the future.  I'd like to be able to have ease when going through that area since it's a pain trying to look at one particular section while being clogged with things I don't want to see.

Also, green background?  I did not realize that background colors can be changed!  Did I miss something about how to do that?  I would LOVE to have my background in purple.  It would make seeing things simpler for me depending on the color since bright white all the time tires my eyes out seeing all the time.

Yup. We all look forward to the day we're not shackled to IPS and it's long list of shortcomings.

Lol, no, sorry. It's not a personal feature. This is the Best Answer feature in action :3 It was enabled for this question forum so users could easily look at a thread and know which answer is the most helpful. Best Answer is chosen by the forum staff, specifically, the moderators of this section, known as the Tech Team or Q&A Team.

Yup. We all look forward to the day we're not shackled to IPS and it's long list of shortcomings.

Lol, no, sorry. It's not a personal feature. This is the Best Answer feature in action :3 It was enabled for this question forum so users could easily look at a thread and know which answer is the most helpful. Best Answer is chosen by the forum staff, specifically, the moderators of this section, known as the Tech Team or Q&A Team.

Oh, I suppose that makes sense why it's green.  Sort of got my hopes up wanting a purple scheme so my eyes wouldn't tire out so much.  But I can see the different reasons why it wouldn't be added. 

For the time being, I guess I'll try to sift through the Non-Pony Artwork to see what's all there.  And a quick question if you don't mind answering: just why exactly is it called Artwork when it's apparent there's other things there, such as fan fiction and let's play are there, which I wouldn't consider Artwork? 

Oh, I suppose that makes sense why it's green.  Sort of got my hopes up wanting a purple scheme so my eyes wouldn't tire out so much.  But I can see the different reasons why it wouldn't be added. 

For the time being, I guess I'll try to sift through the Non-Pony Artwork to see what's all there.  And a quick question if you don't mind answering: just why exactly is it called Artwork when it's apparent there's other things there, such as fan fiction and let's play are there, which I wouldn't consider Artwork? 

Fan fiction is writing, and writing can easily be considered artwork. Drawings aren't the only thing that can be considered 'art' :3 Technically creative outlet into something that appeals to the senses somehow is 'art'. As for lets' plays, eh, probably because it just got put there as it fit the best. Not everything fits its' contents perfectly, because that's just not how things always pan out.

Thank you Mr Discord for answering this question ^_^

Seeing that this has been appropriately solved, Im gonna go ahead and lock this up ^_^

Have a good day :)