Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Top 5(6) most powerful characters

TheMarkz0ne

I kinda didn't agree with this list...People most likely won't agree with me. Let alone read my comment. Look here are the most powerful characters in this order 

*ABOVE ALL IS LAUREN FAUST'S OC* 
1.)Nightmare Clouds /Discord/Chrysalis(with all love from Equestria devoured) 
2.) Twilight Post Alicorn season 4 and beyond assumptions 
3.) Celestia 
4.) Luna 
5.) Star Swirl 
6.) Rainbow Dash 

I will explain why there are 3 people tied for number one. As we know Discord is a god of chaos. But isn't omnipotent since he can be defeated by the elements of harmony. Discord has the ability to control matter and warp reality. Capable of mind alteration. 

Chrysalis's powers are well. Immeasurable. She is as strong as she needs to be. Imagine this...She only absorbed the love from two ponies and was able to defeat Celestia and subdue her in a pod. Imagine if Chrysalis had prep time and pretty much devoured all of Equestria's love. She would be so powerful that the mane 6, Celestia and Luna wouldn't stand a chance. Chrysalis is like the MLP version of Darkseid/Thanos from Marvel/DC. I'm a big Chrysalis fan because she's a throw back to villains from the villains of the 90s 

The Nightmare Clouds. Not much is known about the, . They are in the comics and created Nightmare Moon. So it seems they rival Discord since they can literally make a magical being stronger. Let alone posses an alicorn 

Twilight is second because at an age of 20 she is already almost as strong as Celestia 

Celestia and Luna: AREN'T OMNIPOTENT! That was Faust's original vision. But I am happy these two characters are flawed 

Star Swirl. Not much is know about him. So this guy shouldn't have out him on the video 

Rainbow Dash simply for the fact she can go mach 10 and is durable enough to hit solid rock and still get up for more

Now lauren Faust....She created everything. She can negate the powers of every character and destroy her creations if she wanted to

• Brohoof 1

1. Discord

2.King Sombra

3.Nightmare moon

4.Princesses

5. Chrysalis

King Sombra and Discord are pretty ,uch stronger than the others because each one can only be beaten by either one item or the princesses combined (Discordd can only be beaten by the EoH and Sombra by either two Alicorns or more or the crystal heart)

(edited)

1. Discord

2.King Sombra

3.Nightmare moon

4.Princesses

5. Chrysalis

King Sombra and Discord are pretty ,uch stronger than the others because each one can only be beaten by either one item or the princesses combined (Discordd can only be beaten by the EoH and Sombra by either two Alicorns or more or the crystal heart)

Remember that after a short time draining love from Shining Armor alone, Chrysalis was capable of taking down Celestia.

Frankly, that kinda frightens me.

5. Celestia (older than Twi and Luna so more exp)

4. NMM

3. Sombra (We weren't really shown any abilities, but probably strong)

2. Discord

1. Chrysalis. If she drains enough love from ponies, she's theoretically capable of defeating all of them.

Edited by BronyPsychology
  • Brohoof 1

1) Elements of Harmony (capable of defeating any foe, and this magic influences most of the other magic in the show)

2) Royal Sisters(Nightmare Moon included)/Discord (they are the avatars of harmony and chaos, respectively)

3) Twilight (I don't see how she is already more powerful than Celestia. She has immense raw potential, yes, but most of the more notable feats she has accomplished have been with the at least partial help from her friends)

4) Sombra (master of dark magic, the pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural.)

5) Chrysalis (needs to feed off others before she can become powerful enough to take on Celestia.)

Didn't include Starswirl because we know very little about his actual power levels and we haven't seen him in action.

• Brohoof 3

1.elements of harmony

2.discord

3.celestia/luna

4.chrysalis

5.cadence

6.twilight

7.rainbow dash!

This is my list, I didn't count dead/debatable characters.

1: Chrysalis

2: Discord

3: Sombra (Probably?)

4: Elements Of Harmony

5: Celestia/Luna

Like most people said, Chrysalis is number one for an obvious reason. From absorbing the love of ONE(or two) ponies in a matter of two days(or so), she was strong enough to take on Celestia, and win. The only thing fully defeating her being a special love beam with knockback-20 (Oh minecraft references.) And even that probably didn't 'kill' her.

Discord for obvious reasons. Reality warping, being awesome, manipulative.

Sombra because he's Sombra.

and the others for even more obvious reasons.

1) The Great and Powerful Trixie

2) The Great and Powerful Trixie

3) The Great and Powerful Trixie

4) The Great and Powerful Trixie

5) The Great and Powerful Trixie

• Brohoof 6

1: Chrysalis

2: Discord

3: Sombra (Probably?)

4: Elements Of Harmony

5: Celestia/Luna

Like most people said, Chrysalis is number one for an obvious reason. From absorbing the love of ONE(or two) ponies in a matter of two days(or so), she was strong enough to take on Celestia, and win. The only thing fully defeating her being a special love beam with knockback-20 (Oh minecraft references.) And even that probably didn't 'kill' her.

Discord for obvious reasons. Reality warping, being awesome, manipulative.

Sombra because he's Sombra.

and the others for even more obvious reasons.

No offense but that makes no sense. If the elements of harmony are weaker then discord then how did they beat him? The elements are literally the supreme power in equestria, the only reason it didn't stop chrysalis is because the couldnt get to the elements before being caught. But aside from that, its debatable.

1. Elements of Harmony

2. The Great and Powerful Trixie

3. Chrysalis and Discord

4. Celestia/Luna

5. King Sombra

I know this list speaks lies but, I tried. :P

(edited)

No offense but that makes no sense. If the elements of harmony are weaker then discord then how did they beat him? The elements are literally the supreme power in equestria, the only reason it didn't stop chrysalis is because the couldnt get to the elements before being caught. But aside from that, its debatable.

Not saying they're weaker. But, they're. Kinda of pointless for a couple reasons. For one, if even ONE of them disappears, then the entire set is completely useless, and they have no point. For someone of Discord's power, and a TINY bit of normal thinking, it'd be insanely easy to just get rid of them. Only one would need to be destroyed, right?

To me, that's a HUGE disadvantage in the EoH's case.

Edited by Estella
  • Brohoof 1

Not saying they're weaker. But, they're. Kinda of pointless for a couple reasons. For one, if even ONE of them disappears, then the entire set is completely useless, and they have no point. For someone of Discord's power, and a TINY bit of normal thinking, it'd be insanely easy to just get rid of them. Only one would need to be destroyed, right?

To me, that's a HUGE disadvantage in the EoH's case.

actually, when they are together with there elements discords magic doesn't work on them. It only worked before because they were seperated and didn't have the necklaces. If you watch them fight discord the second time, when they are about to blast him his magic won't work on them. When they are getting along and have the necklaces they're unstoppable. Besides I thought this was just listing most powerful, why add the flaws of their abilities? In raw power, the elements are unbeatable.

actually, when they are together with there elements discords magic doesn't work on them. It only worked before because they were seperated and didn't have the necklaces. If you watch them fight discord the second time, when they are about to blast him his magic won't work on them. When they are getting along and have the necklaces they're unstoppable. Besides I thought this was just listing most powerful, why add the flaws of their abilities? In raw power, the elements are unbeatable.

True, I can't disagree with that, but in any case it's more than likely debatable. However, I agree in terms of raw power, the EoH are probably close to the strongest possible force, as long as they're together.

• Brohoof 1

True, I can't disagree with that, but in any case it's more than likely debatable. However, I agree in terms of raw power, the EoH are probably close to the strongest possible force, as long as they're together.

and to be fair, chrysalis does get stronger with the more love she has. If she had a lot of love (like if she could use a brony's love she'd be unstoppable) she could be second, maybe even beat discord. But it would take a whole lot of love, and a big ass rainbow beam.

(edited)

1. Discord (force of nature)

2. King Sombra (able to challenge both Celestia and Luna)

3. Celestia/Luna (former wielders of the elements of harmony and princesses of the sun and moon)

4. Starswirl the Bearded (the Merlin of the MLP universe)

5. Queen Chrysalis (strong but needs to feed off of enough love to reach her full potential)

6. Twilight Sparkle (shown to be the most gifted unicorn since Starswirl the Bearded)

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 2

1) Pinkie Pie. Do you have any idea what type of power is associated with bending physical laws? Things such as gravity and anatomical malleability can be chosen to be defied by Pinkie Pie at any given point, where they apply without fail to all other ponies. That is power on a whole different level.

2) Discord, for the reasons above; he comes second because he's a Draconequus, and they most certainly have that type of power in reserve whereas Earth ponies shouldn't have that type of strength.

3) King Sombra. While his feats employ the magic of the unicorns, the brute strength of his own magic is very noticeable. The only thing that stopped him from enslaving the Crystal Empire once more was the combined work of the Mane 6, Spike, Shining Armor & Cadence, and the entire population of Crystal Ponies.

4) Chrysalis; even though she was bested by two ponies as opposed to six like Nightmare Moon or Discord, she overthrew Celestia, and that says something about your magical power.

5) Celestia; to rule an entire kingdom you need to be damn powerful, and we know she's more powerful than Luna because she was able to banish her to the moon. She's also powerful in terms of authority - she'd be within her right to order a lot of things to be done in regards to Equestria's laws and such.

• Brohoof 3

1) Pinkie Pie. Do you have any idea what type of power is associated with bending physical laws? Things such as gravity and anatomical malleability can be chosen to be defied by Pinkie Pie at any given point, where they apply without fail to all other ponies. That is power on a whole different level.

And yet she still lost in a fight against Rainbow Dash :umad: 

Anyhow, only counting Luna once.

1: Discord, his reality warping puts him on an entirely different level.

2: Nightmare Moon, able to defeat Celestia absurdly quickly, even if there are questions as to how motivated Celestia was to fight her.

3: Princess Celestia, very powerful magic ability.

4: Sombra, lots of plain raw power, and while Cadence was able to hold him back for a time, he clearly had some dangerous dark magic at his disposal.

5: (Speculation) Twilight as a Princess, she'd have ranked highly even as a Unicorn, and while she still likely needs some time to adjust to her new powers, I think she's above Cadence and Chrysalis.

And yet she still lost in a fight against Rainbow Dash img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

Wait, what? Pinkie's never lost a fight against anypony. I don't even think she's been in a fight in the show... still has the most power n.n

My personal list for the most five most powerful characters in the MLPverse,not taking into account the Elements of Harmony or a suped-up Chrysalis since the former needs both all six elements and all six element bearers in perfect harmony (hah) and the latter needs to drain love in order to even be powerful.

1) Discord.He can bend reality to his every whim and will.That alone makes him the most powerful character thus far.

2) Nightmare Moon.Easily defeat Celestia without any effort.This means her natural power is at least on par with a suped-up Chrysalis.

3) Celestia.She has been shown to be able to both cast powerful normal magic and dark magic,plus has years of experience.

4) Sombra.He was shown to be able to cast some rather nasty dark magic and stop Shining Armour's magic with his crystals.He has tons of raw power.

5) Starswirl The Bearded.While there's no canon evidence of his power,he is referenced many times and it is implied that he was one of the best magic users in the history of Equestria.

If we are taking into account the Elements of Harmony and a love-enhanced Chrysalis...

1) Elements of Harmony.The Mane 6 has been shown to defeat many villians,even the likes of Discord,with them.Following this line of logic,the Elements of Harmony are the most powerful beings in existence simply because of the sheer power of the Elements.

2) Discord.Like I said before,he can bend and warp reality to his will.Still pretty darn powerful.

3) Nightmare Moon.As mentioned before,her power level has to be at least on par with a love-enhanced Chrysalis.The fact that her natural power is at least equal to that puts her,in my mind,higher than Chrysalis on love steroids.

4) Love-enhanced Chrysalis.She easily took down Celestia without much effort when she was on love steroids.However,I wouldn't imagine Chrysalis in her natural state to be all that threatening.

5) Celestia.Even though she is a powerful magic user and can use both regular and dark magic...have you seen how many times she got her flank handed to her on a silver platter?She's practically the punching bag of the bunch.

Wait, what? Pinkie's never lost a fight against anypony. I don't even think she's been in a fight in the show... still has the most power n.n

I was assuming some kind of offscreen fight after this scene,

where afterwards, Pinkie has been dragged across town against her will. (Shrug). You could make the case for her flat-hairedness limiting her physics-breaking ability.

• Brohoof 1

where afterwards, Pinkie has been dragged across town against her will. (Shrug). You could make the case for her flat-hairedness limiting her physics-breaking ability.

I will do just that. There's evidently a link between her bending physics (the feat that represents her ridiculous power) and her own happiness. I mean, she only launches fifty feet into the air when she's happy n.n

Comparatively thinking, I'll just say that Pinkie Pie shined moreso in her Mare-Do-Well role :) Now there needs to be some sort of canon royal rumble to settle this!

Well if we're talking magic power I pretty much agree with what's been said already. But what about physical power? Big Macintosh would definitely be number one in that case, Rainbow Dash would be pretty high up in that sense too I think. Rarity's also got a mean karate kick... greed-powered Spike seems incredibly powerful as well.

How come no one's list acknowledges Fluttershy's stare or her friendship with Discord the freaking Avatar of Chaos?

Personally my biggest problem with the list was that if you had some sort of magical eliminator they would all be helpless. 

I mean this is a world where darkness on the moon can turn the embodiment of generosity into a nightmarish monstrosity!

We have seen Chrysalis feed on love which literally drained Shining's power, so who is to say there isn't something that could do that in some shape or form to the others on this list?

Also the statement about Chrysalis beating Celestia, I always looked at that as the Superman problem.  You have an immensely powerful being, but they are hampered by the fact if they went all out innocents might be hurt.  She was at a wedding with tons of guests after all.  It would take an immense amount of power to manipulate celestial bodies so she would HAVE to limit herself if she wasn't willing to risk casualties.  Admittedly though this is just my personal opinion and should not be taken as fact unless confirmed by the show creators.

Also he states many times that people are low on the list because we haven't seen them do anything yet the pony he puts at the top hasn't done anything of note on her own yet!  Heck, if the source of her powers comes from friendship then in all likelihood without her friends she would be weaker than any of the other alicorns.

Finally, as others have said I think it should be mentioned that Pinkie's abilities are not simply cartoon gags as other ponies react to and acknowledge them.  That kind of power, while not being Discord level is definitely noteworthy.

1. Celestia/Luna/Twilight (debatable on Twilie)

2. Discord (my belief is that the Sisters are limited by their unwillingness to use their full power, an unwillingness Discord doesn't share)

3. The Mane 6 (each has their own reasons for being on this list that can be discussed elsewhere, though with their elements they are debatably higher on the list)

4. Zecora (her magic stems from a different source and thus would likely be the pony they turn to if such limitations as mentioned above ever occurred)

5. The Wonderbolts (they are a military team that are the best fliers in Equestria, with RD soon to be among their number)

This took me sometime to think about, but I think I know who is the most powerful. 

1. Discord- He can pretty much do what ever he wants. Discord is at the level of god, where he can change anyone or anything. 

2. Celestia- Has very powerful magic and has many, many years of practicing magic. Also controlling the sun and the moon most take a lot of power.

3. Luna- Luna powers are very mysteries. She can control the moon, maybe make the stars at night, and enter dreams. She may have other powers that are unknown to us.

4. Twilight- Twilight has showen to have a lot of magical power. Practicing everyday to get stronger and master all kinds of spells.

5. Star Swirl- Even thou we don't see him that much, he is said to be the strongest unicorn of all time. He even has his own wing at the library.

6. Pumpkin Cake- This little filly has all kinds of powers like Twilight. Such as levitation of multiple items and herself, passing throw walls, and even teleporting. Now her power may disappear in time, but this young unicorn could very well be the next Twilight Sparkle.

Weakest.

Chrysalis- I think Chrysalis is the weakest because she needs a power sources to make her own powers work. So if she does not have that, then I say no threat. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm discounting the Elements of Harmony because they're not really one character, and individually they're not strong enough to make the list.  Otherwise they'd be at the top.

1) Discord.  He's the Q of the MLP universe.  Literally.  I think it says something that even the princesses needed the elements to defeat him.

2) Celestia and Luna.  While Celestia *might* have the edge in overall power, there are things that Luna can do as the Princess of the night that her sister can't.  I'm calling this one a tie. 

4) King Sombra

5) Chrysalis. She needed to feed off others in order to defeat Celestia.