Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Top 5(6) most powerful characters

TheMarkz0ne

I have to agree with the list. Luna controls the moon, Celestia controls the sun, Discord warps reality, Starswirl was the best unicorn magic user of his time, and Twilight..well, yeah. :P

1.The Elements of harmony

As a group the elements are shown to have nearly (if not) limitless magical power. They harness and direct the most powerful magic there is friendship. They have taken down two(perhaps three) of the most powerful beings in Equestria and were also said to be able to handle another character on this list. 

2. Discord

Discord has been shown to be able to warp reality itself at will. In this he demonstrated the ability to travel/project himself and others through time. He can alter landscapes. He can control the weather. He can also endow life to inanimate objects as well as alter the forms and behaviors of already living beings. He can cause the sun and moon to alter their positions effectively showing he can in a sense control night and day. He can alter his own form at will. The list goes on. Celestia pretty much says she cannot defeat him alone and that the element are required to stop him. So the only thing that can stop him is the most powerful magical force in Equestria. 

3. Nightmare Moon/Luna

Nightmare moon was shown(or suggested) to have easily defeated Celestia in the pilot episode. She can alter her form and the forms of objects at will. This includes the ability to project herself as multiple forms as did with the shadow bolts. She has also demonstrated the ability to become intangible at will. In that form it seems she can also traverse distances at great speeds. She can move or halt the movement of Celestial bodies. She can control and produce weather effect at will. Luna demonstrated the ability to endow life to inanimate objects. She also has been shown to walk through dreams and alter the dreamscape of pony's dreams at will. Luna can also control and project her voice making it unnaturally loud. 

4.) Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia is next on the list and is probably about even with her sister when Luna's not hyped up on evil juice. Its most likely that Celestia has all of thee abilities her sister does aith the exception of dream walking. Though Celestia has demonstrated another ability. She has the ability to traverse to different magical planes as seen in Magical Mystery Cure. Its likley Luna can also do this as even Twilight has done so after completing Star Swirls spell. 

5.) King Sombra
King Sombra has demonstrated extreme magical power. He banished an entire race and city out of reality. He has shown the ability to alter the minds of other ponies. He erased the memories of the crystal ponies. He also can project a perfect hallucination of your worst fear into your mind. Hes also shown to create spells that can actively negate magic projected by other ponies. His cruse also got around Princess Celestia and Luna, meaning they were unable to stop it. If he were not defaeted so handily by Celestia and Luna he would be higher on the list, however physically he is no match for them. Though it is unclear whether they were bearing the elements of harmony at that time. It is likely they were though not directly confirmed. 

6.) Chrysalis

I know what your going to say. Yea she defeated Celestia. However not by her own force alone. She requires a large amont of love to convert into magical energy to acomplish such a task. Chrysalis's potential for power is potentialy boundless, however her innate abilities are naturaly weaker than those above. Even with the love boost its clear the battle wasn't easily won. 

1. Mane Six

2. Discord

3. Chrysalis

4. King Sombra

5. Celestia

6. Luna

The Two Princesses lost most of their powers when the Elements of Harmony passed on to the Mane Six, so aren't very powerful anny more. I still think Discord is the strongest villain, because of his powers to warp reality. Chrysalis would be next most powerful, because she was able to defeat Celestia easily by absorbing Shining Armour's love for Cadence, so would be very powerful. King Sombra would probably be next most powerful, but this is mostly my speculation, since we weren't able to see much of his power in the episode, but heard a lot about his reign of terror.

• 1 year later...

FiM or MLP franchise?

I'm going for franchise, because that's more fun.

10.Sombra

Didn't show anything spectacular, but he's powerful, at least more than some others.

9.Cadence

Was able to keep Sombra out the Empire, I think she's way more powerful.

8.Celestia/Luna/Queen Majesty(G1)

They all represent the same, rulers of the ponies. Also, Queen Majesty should be at the level of Celestia, since she did some impressive things in the comics, such as push an enormous castle from miles away, only being a unicorn.

7.Nightmare Moon

Slightly more powerful than the previous ones.

6.Chrysalis (all love absorbed)

He proved to be MUCH more powerful than Celestia, probably more than NM

5.Tirek G1

It's rumored that he killed Queen Majesty after returning from Hell. I pretty much put him here because knowing him he probably did it easily.

4.Discord

We all know why he's here.

3.Tirek G4

It's pretty obvious that he would be over Dipcord.

2.Lavan (Crystal form) G1

After absorbing all of the ponies' magic, he transformed into a crystal monster and he said to be indestructible. The only thing that destroyed him was the Rainbow of Light.

1.Smooze G1

He was absolutelely immune to the Rainbow of Light, and he represents destruction. No one comes close to him because he could easily swallow Equestria in a matter of hours, only the Flutterponies could stop him, but they are OP goddesses.

1.Smooze G1

He was absolutelely immune to the Rainbow of Light, and he represents destruction. No one comes close to him because he could easily swallow Equestria in a matter of hours, only the Flutterponies could stop him, but they are OP goddesses.

....Wouldn't that make the Flutterponies the strongest MLP franchise beings?

....Wouldn't that make the Flutterponies the strongest MLP franchise beings?

THEY ARE.  The Flutterponies could exterminate all the MLP Generations with ease.

Heck, I dare to say that they could overpower the Elements of Harmony and the Rainbow of Light COMBINED.

Yes, they are THAT powerful  :o

THEY ARE.  The Flutterponies could exterminate all the MLP Generations with ease.

Heck, I dare to say that they could overpower the Elements of Harmony and the Rainbow of Light COMBINED.

Yes, they are THAT powerful  :o

Then why put Smooze as number one lol

Elements of Harmony/Rainbow Power/Tirek aside:

1. Discord: I like to think he's the most powerful character of the show.

2. Starswirl the Bearded: almost as powerful as Discord.

3. Chrysalis

4. King Sombra

5. Luna/Nightmare Moon?: if Celestia didn't have the EoH, she would have defeated Celestia?

6. Celestia?

Because it wouldn't be fair put ALL of them one the number 1 spot. OP characters don't count for me.

Ahhhhhhhhh ok then, that makes sense lol. I was just slightly confused lol;

"Number one; A character so strong, they can only be defeated by one other character" *Character is nowhere on the list*

• 6 years later...
On 5/12/2013 at 11:29 AM, ~Sole~ said:

No offense but that makes no sense. If the elements of harmony are weaker then discord then how did they beat him? The elements are literally the supreme power in equestria, the only reason it didn't stop chrysalis is because the couldnt get to the elements before being caught. But aside from that, its debatable.

well in season 9 sombra did destroyed the tree of harmony and the element of harnomy and was killed off twice and in season 3 he was capable of making a entire empire disappear into thin air  and he also has a shadow formmaxresdefault.jpglatest?cb=20200519020134

• 4 weeks later...