Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Artist Pages With Special Letters Might Be Broken

ASocialyAwkwardPony

I so saw with the user Bluenote~ that her/his artist/user page is entirely blank even if you can clearly see a avatar in comments and such, so this makes me think using special letters like "~" in your username could potentially mess up your page link.

I clicked in on her/his page and even followed it just to make sure, and yeah it comes up as a different user when looking at my "following" list compared to "followers" list.

You should probably look into this so artists and users don't find themselves unable to be followed or for people to find their songs when using special letters in their name.

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

That particular user is not an "Artist" as they do not have any tracks. Therefore, they will not appear in the Artists listing page. Looking at their profile, I don't see anything really wrong with it. It's "blank" because the user has no content.

Also, I don't know what you mean about the user displaying different in your following list. Could you perhaps supply some screenshots?

(edited)

That might have something to do with the fact that you're not actually following a Pony.fm artist (because Bluenote has no content right now). If I'm understanding correctly, if someone's on Pony.fm and not a Pony.fm artist, it simply yanks their MLP forums info (hence the change in name formatting) and uses it for their profile info. What's puzzling though is that Bluenote's avatar and name are being displayed one way as if that information is certainly on Pony.fm and being pulled from it.

For reference to a working example of a non-artist difference in profiles, Leafeon's profile seems to be working correctly, so maybe a special character does have something to do with Bluenote's profile not functioning properly. Special characters broke track uploads before, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe it'll be fixed if Bluenote uploads something, or maybe not, but regardless, this is definitely something that should be looked into.

/long "i see this too" post

Edited by DusK

Ah. I understand what is going on now. I didn't realize you were talking about two different users.

Yeah. This is a problem. The usernames only differ by a special character - and special characters are stipped from URLs. Which means that both users share the same URL, and only one will be visible. I'll have to figure this out later, but thanks for the heads up.

• Brohoof 2