Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[OFFICIAL] Equestria Girls Trailer

Sanic Screwdriver

86 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like or hate Equestria Girls?

• hate
    • neutral

Does anybody know, is this movie have something to do with the canon? Because I don't want the great shipping war - it'll be bad for fandom and for bronies as well.

Also, I hope it's not a crush, but simple male\female friendship.

For those too lazy to click through.

They made the connection better than I thought they would, but that's not surprising considering how little info there's been on it.

Probably going to see this.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not exactly thrilled about EG, but that trailer was a lot better than I expected it to be... I guess I can only wait and find out... Hopefully it shows in Canada!

I assume it would, but if not, I think I heard it will be on the Hub in fall, so people who cant make it to the theaters can watch it, plus I assume there will be a dvd people can order internationally

Does anybody know, is this movie have something to do with the canon? Because I don't want the great shipping war - it'll be bad for fandom and for bronies as well.

I assume it is cannon because, it's put in theaters and stuff like that, but I don't think it will play much of a part in the tv series

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm going to be honest the trailer doesn't seem as bad as it wad made out to be. The promo art was horrible came out but seeing the trailer took that away.

I'm still stung from the premise because it's just high-school and then boy crushes and what not. Those two are the really big thing's that bother me. Don't forget about Spike who is a dog for some reason.

Thankfully the writer should stay true to the series giving it some hope as well. I might see it on the Hub rtaher than theaters.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

NO. WAY. 

I want smootching and drama and SUPER GIRLY SHIT that MLP doesn't normally give! I love mlp with all my heart and ADORE the way they approach feminism so realistically, but sometimes, girls just want some DRAMA BOOOOOOOOOOOOMB

Feel free to boot me from the fandom for saying so.

Feld0, please don't look at this post.......

Also, spike dog? 

Magic isn't working so can Spike randomly talk as a dog? I mean, i like him as a dog, it really fits, but does he talk is my real concern.

Edited by SkyeRibbonPwny

(edited)

I will say this... the designs aren't nearly as bad looking in action as in concept (and thank the Lord they dropped those bucking wings!!! ph34r.png), but still... to me, this just seems so unnecessary and left-field.  This trailer certainly hasn't sold me on "Equestria Girls" and I definitely WON'T be seeing it in theaters (doesn't help that I'll have a lot on my plate at the beginning of June, new internship and all); also, I'll definitely have to wait and read other bronies' reviews before I decide whether or not to check it out at all (although I'm sure that eventually curiosity will get the better of me, especially if it turns out to be canon in the show's continuity).  I just don't know if retaining the voice actors alone means that this'll remain faithful to the show's atmosphere; eh, I guess only time will tell at this point. sleep.png

P.S. Gosh dang it, I can already tell they're going to beat the "pony adjusting to the human world" jokes to DEATH!!!!! angry.png  *sigh* Bucking high school setting. dry.png

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Ok so I looked over the video a few times and here's a list of what I've got so far:

CMC

Vinyl Scratch

Snips and Snails

Spike makes goo goo eyes at someone, probably Rarity

Twilight meets a boy who kind of looks like but doesn't sound like Shining Armor IMO

Sunset Shimmer looks to the play villan

No wings or horns

Spike's a dog

EDIT: Spike travels to new world with Twilight

Edited by Jble
  • Brohoof 1

I don't know what to make of it. I'm am not a little girl.

Then again, the original show was kind of geared towards them. So maybe it'll be good. 

Then again, maybe it won't be good. I don't like the idea of a romance and crap like that. 

Then again, we still have season 4. So even if it does suck, we'll still have that.

I don;t know what to think. I;m so very, very confused.

Well, I guess Equestria Girls isn't going to be as bad as we all thought it would be. However, it's still too early to know for sure. I was actually somewhat impressed by the trailer, and I liked the fact that they even put in some of the background characters (BTW, they should totally make Lyra a pegasister ;) )

On the flipside, though, the story looks like it might be pretty cliché. It looks like it's going to be the overused "awkward new girl falls in love with the hottest guy in school plot" that Disney and other movie companies have used over 9000 times. I seriously hope this movie won't turn out to be another High School Musical clone. Also the humanized (or antro?)ponies still look kinda creepy to me, but less creepy than the original designs.

Despite its flaws, I still have some hope that Equestria Girls might be good. I plan on seeing out on YouTube, once someone uploads a decent recording of it.

• Brohoof 4

I assume it would, but if not, I think I heard it will be on the Hub in fall, so people who cant make it to the theaters can watch it, plus I assume there will be a dvd people can order internationally

I assume it is cannon because, it's put in theaters and stuff like that, but I don't think it will play much of a part in the tv series

Eenope, Megan made a a tweet saying it has nothing to do with the show. 

I'm going to re-instate, I'm GLAD their experimenting with things, you don't get anywhere by just doing the same thing "because it works" you have to take risks try new ideas. 

Well I was a little skeptical of the movie at first ear. Than after awhile I decided I'd give it a shot if it was near me. Now after seeing that beautiful trailer, I'm going to go and there's nothing on Luna's good earth that will stop me from seeing it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ok so I looked over the video a few times and here's a list of what I've got so far:

CMC

Vinyl Scratch

Snips and Snails

Spike makes goo goo eyes at someone, probably Rarity

Twilight meets a boy who kind of looks like but doesn't sound like Shining Armor IMO

Sunset Shimmer looks to the play villan

No wings or horns

Spike's a dog

EDIT: Spike travels to new world with Twilight

snips and snails??

And ooooh that makes sense about Spike going with her. Awesome, i love that. 

But where di you see snips and snails? 

also.

Lyra. Human.

What jokes are going to be made?

Edited by SkyeRibbonPwny

85cbfbcb8f496826ca8867bd28e0d3b9.png

Honestly, I will watch it, I never really cared, but I am hoping this won't turn out to be shitty, it is just the trailer, and to be honest, don't judge the book by it's cover.

• Brohoof 1

Okay let's watch this trailer

*one screening later*

Hmmmm

Interesting.

•We see a plot (Twilight goes to get a crown, but what is special about it? Can't Celestia get another one? Could be relieved in plot.)

•A obvious villan (Sunset Shimmers, a previous student of Celestia, could bring great interesting conflict).

•Fish-out of water scenario (how original as if we havn't seen that before. It's not like the idea has been done to death. Knit-pick yet if they don't emphasize too much on this it could work).

•Attention seems to be on Twilight which is what the focus should be on since this is about her In a way.

All in all

It seems okay.The designs are better then I imagined (thank Celestia they didn't use the designs with the wings and horns). Not great, but it could be worse.

I'm not going to dismiss it and will give it a shot. Even if it sucks I won't hate it. As long as a movie does no harm or gives a bad message (unlike a film that shall not be named) I'm willing to give it a pass.

Well I assume parents whose kids watch the show, would have at least seen part of it when with their kids or something, plus I think this looks quite good actually :3

Hang on, why would they take their kids to see Equestria Girls if their kids don't watch FiM anyway. It'd be like taking a kid to see the Pokemon movie years ago. It'd make no sense if you'd never heard of it before.

I'm still really really put off by the concept of making the MLP characters humans, and I'm REALLY put off by the concept of putting them in highschool.  MLP takes place in a fantasy world, and to me that's a huge part of the appeal.  This trailer hasn't made me feel any better about Equestria Girls.  Quite the opposite, in fact.  Good or not, I probably will be giving this one a miss, unless it becomes a necessary part of the canon.

Eenope, Megan made a a tweet saying it has nothing to do with the show. 

I'm going to re-instate, I'm GLAD their experimenting with things, you don't get anywhere by just doing the same thing "because it works" you have to take risks try new ideas. 

Well it might not be intertwined with the show, but you can't say twilight sparkle hasn't been to the human world can you? wink.png  I think she means it wont have any impact on the show

• Brohoof 1

snips and snails??

And ooooh that makes sense about Spike going with her. Awesome, i love that. 

But where di you see snips and snails? 

Snips and Snails can be seen following what looks to be Sunset Shimmer exploding outside during a dance. They are seen with Twilight, RD, AJ, and Rarity at the 0:48 mark

• Brohoof 1

Well that settles it. I'm gonna go see it. Anyone wanna go with me??

In all seriousness though, I didn't have high hopes for this when it was announced. But now actually seeing a trailer for it, I think it might be enjoyable. I can say without a doubt that I will be seeing this when it comes out.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Hello guys, this is a quick overview on what I think about the Equestria Girls Trailer. Go check it out here. This isn't too seriously, only my personal, biased opinion, so if you're expecting something that is too deep in analysis then this isn't the spot for you. SPOILERS BELOW! Actually it's just from the trailer.

1. Lyra would die to get what Twilight just got.

2. No cutie mark on cheeks? NO CUTIE MARKS ON CHEEKS!!! biggrin.png

3. OMG THERE IS A EVEN MALE TO FEMALE RATIO HERE!

4. Fluttershy doesn't have the cutie mark on her cheeks and has no wings, like a human! Interesting. DAWW

5.Whoa, there is that pony Sunset Shimmer, humanized before she even gets to be in the show. No big deal, just that she's in the movie first.

6. Even in school Vinyl is scratching the beats!

7. Wait, this looks like high school, yet the CMC are here even though every cast member so far lost their cutie marks? Sounds legit.

8. I'm gonna guess Sunset Shimmer is Trixie 2.0.

9. I'm honestly not surprised RD would be in sports. Only thing that bothers me is the pink skirt, which is quite difficult to play sports in.

10. Stupid sexy Twilight scene at one part.

11. There's the keep away elements of harmony game too in my high school. Just like season 2.

12. Snips and Snails are now 10 years older and could date any of the main six.

13. Twilight Hugging the guys was just 0_O Who's he?

14. Aw, everyone holding each other's "Hands' now that they don't have hooves.

15. Oh I hope I don't take back everything I said about this when it premieres.

So what do I think of it? I like how the trailer just made all the hate from me turn into, "OOh, this is interesting." But I'm going to hold off until after the release date on my full thoughts.

Edited by Carbon Maestro
  • Brohoof 1

NO. WAY. 

I want smootching and drama and SUPER GIRLY SHIT that MLP doesn't normally give! I love mlp with all my heart and ADORE the way they approach feminism so realistically, but sometimes, girls just want some DRAMA BOOOOOOOOOOOOMB

Pffftthahahaha, as gay as this sounds I kind of wanna see this, too. Considering the weird crap they've already pulled off relatively well, something simple like this should be fine...

...did I really just say I wanted to see a chick flick?

Anyway uh derp this trailer looks better than expected. I was gonna go see it for laughs anyway but I'll probably see it for the point of actually going to go see a decent movie now.

• Brohoof 2

Doesn't honestly look that bad. Once again, people being pathetically over-apocalyptic about everything has lead to something new turning out not as bad as people thought. It's a spin-off movie premiere that lets Hasbro cash out on toys to rival against other competitors. They're a toy company, so it's expected. If you don't like it, good for you, you can have your opinion as long as you don't try and be a pushy jerk about it, and wait until S4.

Hello guys, this is a quick overview on what I think about the Equestria Girls Trailer. Go check it out here. This isn't too seriously, only my personal, biased opinion, so if you're expecting something that is too deep in analysis then this isn't the spot for you. SPOILERS BELOW! Actually it's just from the trailer.

Opinions of the trailer are better suited as a response to the topic talking about the trailer, instead of in their own topic ^^ I've merged your topic with the official trailer one, which is, by the way, now pinned.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Doesn't honestly look that bad. Once again, people being pathetically over-apocalyptic about everything has lead to something new turning out not as bad as people thought. It's a spin-off movie premiere that lets Hasbro cash out on toys to rival against other competitors. They're a toy company, so it's expected. If you don't like it, good for you, you can have your opinion as long as you don't try and be a pushy jerk about it, and wait until S4.

Can't go so far yet myself as saying it doesn't look as bad as I've thought it would be; despite the trailer, still doesn't look that great to me.  The only thing that was a minor plus was the designs look fairly decent in action (albeit, still terribly out of place for me in this show).  Still, would just like to clarify that despite my misgivings, I've never been one of those "the sky is falling" bronies who think that the whole fandom will implode if this thing is bad; I just think it doesn't look that good and would much prefer that something bad not be attached to the MLP name.  But hey, maybe it will turn out to be good, and I hope so; certainly would never wish any project attached to MLP to actually be bad.  Can't wait to see some bronies' reviews!

Edited by Batbrony

No facial cutie mark, and no oversized wings. That two are HUGE plus in my eyes

xq4IB5Q.png

Can't say anything on the plot or whatever, as I've seen many times that trailers often fail to deliver the real plot. Now here I'm hoping that the dvd would be here soon...

• Brohoof 3