Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[OFFICIAL] Equestria Girls Trailer

Sanic Screwdriver

86 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like or hate Equestria Girls?

• hate
    • neutral

Are Twilight and Shining Armour not related by blood? How did i not know this. 

|---------------------|

No, It's a joke from that god-awful Friendship is Witchcraft version of the wedding episodes. They took the low-road and had incest jokes out the wazoo and tried to give that justification to make less off-putting.   

I think Twilight's first line in the trailer pretty much sums up everyones feelings about this movie.  Perhaps Pinkie's line does as well.

(edited)

huh.png Hmmm... just rewatched the trailer and... it looks better than it did the first time I watched the trailer.  Honest, I think they... might (and that's a BIG might) be able to pull this off.  The stuff with the ponies looks great honestly; it's just all the stuff with the humans that I still can't really envision how it'll play out, and I still just have to ask myself, "Couldn't they have just done a pony movie?  Was it really necessary to do the human crossover?"  Like I said, it might work, but as far as I'm concerned, if it ain't broke don't fix it, and ponies themselves certainly aren't broke yet!

Still won't be seeing this in theaters, but like I said, second watch-through of the trailer, it actually looked better than it did the first time. The animation, while still bizarre (especially in color schemes), looks true to the show's style, and the characters look like they stay true to themselves.  High-school setting and fish-out-of-water premise is still generic as heck, and I hope they don't shove gags involving those two premises down our throats, but I'm hopeful.  Also still really confused by the whole "she meets humans who are just like her friends" instead of, oh, IDK, her friends just come with her!

Honestly, at this point the worst case scenario is not that it'll be terrible (not that it couldn't be) but that it'll only be OK.  If it's terrible, most of the fandom will agree that it's bad and that'll be that; but if it's just OK, then debate will continue within the fandom as to whether or not it's good.  So at this point, I hope that it's either good-great, and if not, then terrible, because either would honestly be better for the fandom than just being OK.

Oh, and one more thing; to everypony worrying about Twilight getting a boyfriend, I don't think you really have to worry about that.  That dude's hair-color scheme matched Shining Armor's, so he might actually be Shining Armor's human equivalent (although again, since it's not really Shining, I don't know what that would make Twilight's and his relationship).

Edited by Batbrony

(edited)

img-1460828-1-huh.png Hmmm... just rewatched the trailer and... it looks better than it did the first time I watched the trailer.  Honest, I think they... might (and that's a BIG might) be able to pull this off.  The stuff with the ponies looks great honestly; it's just all the stuff with the humans that I still can't really envision how it'll play out, and I still just have to ask myself, "Couldn't they have just done a pony movie?  Was it really necessary to do the human crossover?"  Like I said, it might work, but as far as I'm concerned, if it ain't broke don't fix it, and ponies themselves certainly aren't broke yet!

I don’t know if it was really necessary, but from what I understand (and correct me if I’m wrong people) but I thought this was made partly as something special to celebrate 30 years of My Little Pony, so I kind of figured it would be fitting to do something a bit different to mark the occasion  

Edited by Asherdangerdash

I don’t know if it was really necessary, but from what I understand (and correct me if I’m wrong people) but I thought this was made partly as something special to celebrate 30 years of My Little Pony, so I kind of figured it would be fitting to do something a bit different to mark the occasion  

I guess, and hey, if they pull it off, then all my worries will have been for naught; I guess this whole human-crossover thing is just a little too far outside of my comfort zone for me to be 100% certain that they'll be able to pull it off well.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

OMG, it's a movie?! Now someone better upload it to YouTube!

It looks... Weird and awesome and freaky and cheesy and amazing all at the same time. I really don't know how I feel about it. Nevertheless, I'm looking to it! It looks better than we all anticipated... We all now know not to judge before we seen it. Also, I find it interesting that they used the same voice actors and almost identical personality, but I didn't actually know that the human friends were different people, just representing her pony friends, I think it was more for Twiligh's magical benefit, since most of the other people were normal with non toxic skin anyway..

Oh, surprise surprise, new high school girl falls in love with hot guy.... -.- I'm only gonna watch it because its... THEM! It's still our ponies :3

Edited by Dashabel
  • Brohoof 1

I didn't actually know that the human friends were different people, just representing her pony friends

I didn't either, where did you find that out?

I thought the other ponies might have gone through the mirror as well and joined Twilight 

I think I am going to shout "4CHAN IS COMING!" when the movie is over and run out of the theater. Cause I'm sure 4Chan and r34 will be all over this. (assumption of course but I have a great feeling about it)

At first before watching the trailer I wasn't sure, but after seeing the trailer  , I think I'd buy it (probably not go see it in the movies though). I looks like it could be cute/funny

So the "enemy" girl looks like Sunset skimmer or whoever that new pony is.

Spike is a dog.

The CMC are there as well.

The "villain" is just some girl that wants to bully Twilight from the beginning as with any other girly disney movie.

And in theaters.

Yes, this will be interesting to see once it plummets hard on the ground.

Guess casting Trixie as her antagonist would be too much as well.

I thought the other ponies might have gone through the mirror as well and joined Twilight 

No they are supposed to be "influenced" by her friends. It is also posted on this forum somewhere.  You know, this sypnosis makes no sense whatsoever.

(edited)

The "villain" is just some girl that wants to bully Twilight from the beginning as with any other girly disney movie.

Yeah, considering she is most probably Sunset Shimmer, a pony who is said to have been Princess Celestia's student before Twilight, thereby giving us a good idea for why she may be a villain.

There are a number of ways where this whole thing can go wrong. But that doesn't mean there are no ways for the staff to pull it off.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection of the trailer, I noticed two portraits of this Sunset Shimmer; in one she seems like a rather pleasant girl, and in the other she seems a bit more nasty. And if she is indeed a pony from Equestria like Twilight, then we can assume that she stumbled upon this world while feeling bitter about being passed over by Celestia for Twilight, found some form of acceptance by becoming prom queen, then let it all go to her head. Now that Twilight's here, she may be driven to retain what superiority she thinks she has over her.

This all seems very plausible, but if they leave out the whole "former student of Celestia" thing, then I'm sorry for raising everyone's hopes for something that could have been but ultimately wasn't.

Edited by immblueversion

I have seen Shimmer's toy at somepoint, stating about being a former student of Celestia.  So maybe she is the called "thief" that steals the relic from the Crystal Kingdom as stated in the sypnosis.

Well, like immblueversion said if this is the case, there might be SOME hope for the movie yet.

Erm, it was a post on a Facebook a while ago, I'm afraid. Even if its not true, it makes sense since the rest of them didn't step into the portal thing with Twilight, but the humans just reminded her of them. I think it's some psychological thing...

Hah, finaly new fodder for my creative side ^-^ I think this looks quite fun personaly, a topic in which I'm so cynical about. I like the idea of them having to tune in to what being a human must be like. :)

(edited)

Okay, here's my idea for the movie's villain, based on what we know.

Sunset Shimmer was Princess Celestia's student from 1,000 years ago. For one reason or another, Sunset felt she wasn't good enough and ran away. She stumbled upon the Crystal Empire and stepped into the magic mirror that sent her to the "human" world; she also found that missing magic crown and took it with her because it made her feel better about herself or something. In this new world, Sunset became extremely popular at school and found acceptance as prom queen. However, she let the attention go to her head, and she eventually turned into a mega-bitch.

MEANWHILE!

As this charming little high school drama went on, the Crystal Empire was being taken over by King Sombra. When he was overthrown by Celestia, who knew not where her former student ran off to and had long since given up on looking for her, King Sombra cursed the empire to vanish for 1,000 years, and it took the "human" world with it. Time freezes for the world, much like the empire. Then the curse lifted, and time returned to normal like nothing happened. Twilight saved the empire, became a princess, and everyone was happy.

Then the movie happens.

While going through the history records of the empire, it is found that there is supposed to be a magic crown somewhere that is now missing. Celestia concludes it was taken into the world of the magic mirror, and sends Twilight through to retrieve it. Sunset meets Twilight and finds out she's Celestia's new student. She doesn't like the idea of being upstaged, and now that she has acceptance in this new world, she'll do anything to keep it. And thus we have our villain folks.

Either that, or she's just an ordinary nice girl who turned into a bitch and just wants to stay prom queen.

Edited by immblueversion
  • Brohoof 1

That was way better than what I was expecting. I'm glad to see they got rid of their pony features that were on the early concept art. I think that they might just pull this one off. That being said, I'm still nervous as hell about it. I can't see it in theaters, so I guess I'll find out when someone puts it on teh interbutts.

If you want to hear my opinion the trailer was actually better than I thought. I thought it was going to be a lot worse than it was. I cant wait to see the movie.

(edited)

Hey, this seems pretty interesting! I'm actually really looking forward to this.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the guy who picks Twilight up is secretly an incubus.

Edited by Kyubey

I'm more interested in seeing the stuff that happens in Equestria before the journey through the portal. That being said, the trailer seemed a little... overly bubbly. Like, it's as if Equestria Girls is going to be exactly what we don't want FiM to become.

The plot will be Twilight trying to become Prom Queen to get back the weird crowny thing so she can go get back to Equestria.

Also, Sunset Shimmer as a villain CONFIRMED. Hopefully we see more of her in episodes to come.

I really liked the trailer and I'm looking forward to seeing it. Sounds like a pretty good deal for Hasbro. I guess I'll be happy about this.

Found a familiar, yet different image that's in the trailer for a split-second.  They look really....weird in it for some reason, and of course there's no Twilight.

fWFkwKR.jpg

• Brohoof 1

When I saw the trailer... I honestly didn't know what to think. I mean, I felt nervexiceted yeah but, I really don't know what will happen. It's not tied to the officail cannon BTW. Regardless, I'll see if I can see it when it comes out (hopefully it will  be in Nashville theaters) and if it's bad, it's bad. If it's good then I'll be glad I saw it.