Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[OFFICIAL] Equestria Girls Trailer

Sanic Screwdriver

86 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like or hate Equestria Girls?

• hate
    • neutral

(edited)

I can't even believe half you people.....HIGH SCHOOL HIGH SCHOOL HIGH SCHOOL!!!. That's the epitome of the movie. I mean seriously. How is this exciting. Everything looks like ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqLqMi5pv3w

Also this sums up the trailer perfectly 

I hear ya... the premise still sucks, and I wish it could have been something completely different. But you know what? Some of the episodes of the series had really shaky concepts that ended up working a lot better than they had any right to. Maybe this will be another one of those.

Granted, I'm still not actually expecting that to happen, but I'd say it's at least a possibility at this point.

EDIT: Now that I watched your video reaction, I should point out one thing. Your volume is kinda low. I had to put on my headset to hear it well. No biggie.

And yeah, it's not a terribly impressive trailer, but it's actually not as bad as I feared it would be. Maybe that's why I'm reacting positively at the moment.

Edited by Bhending the Rules

(edited)

What are you guys talking about, it looks just like the promo art. To be honest, I can't imagine this being any better than a cheesy high school musical movie. I'll watch it, but I have nearly no hopes of this becoming any good

I think that the only thing that the producers will ever make in the movie to appeal to us bronies is more fanservice than we could ever dream of

Edited by Soundgarden

I am guessing the reasoning for the ponies to made into humans for this movie is to rival Monster High. I don't understand why, if you want to make a pony movie. Then please make a pony movie with the characters and world we fell in love with, not a parody of our world. We like the show because it gives us engaging characters with depth and a unique world with lore to explore. Without that and the world just being a parody of our world. It makes it hard to care about it because it involves conflicts that are not engaging (Example: relationships, shallow drama, etc, etc....) and pointless. 

I hold out hope but I'm still wanting to write off the film as a failed experiment, I trust the animation and VA will be god-tier as usual but I am skeptical of the content. So we will just have to wait and see I guess.

I believe the guy is supposed to be Shinning Armour, cause the guy has blue hair and is "white". I just hope that there isn't going to be a Twi/SA thing going on, cause I feel like that could get creepy since they are brother and sister. (not actually related by blood, but you get my point)

I actually dont think it SA, since theres a reason why there arent to twilights atm, this being equestria human version. Twiight and Shining armor probably live in another town since without twilight being a student of a "god like entiity" she has no reason to move to some small town.

I actually thought that was Soarin wacko.png  He also has a dark blue mane and a white coat.

But anyway i actually really like it and can't wait till it comes out

(edited)

Might give it a chance, but only because of the crystal guardsponies and because I want to know how they get back to Equestria. I'm still sort of skeptical due to the bizzareness of it though.

Edited by Guest

Hey look - Alicorn Twilight is there too! I'm kind of finding that more interesting than the actual Equestria Girls...

Still though, I didn't notice it the first time watching, and neither the second time watching. In fact, this reply was originally supposed to be about "oh lol twilicorn is gone".

I'd still prefer Twilight to be a unicorn, but... Hey, at least she's not wearing that pink, ugly dress from the Season 3 Finale. Ugh. I swear that dress was the reason I hated Twilight's wings. Its good to see it gone. (Now I think about it, all of the dresses in the Season 3 Finale sucked - what the hell was that supposed to be about?)

Anyhow, the next part is just a recap of the trailer along with a bit of what I think about it. I warn you that I have no organization issues whatsoever.

Anyhow, back to the seemingly-more-human-world. So we see Twilight be sucked into the portal. At one point we see a fragment of Spike as well before we cut ahead. I guess he couldn't leave Twilight on her own. I'm also going to guess that with Spike being a dog, he won't be able to talk to Twilight anymore. Huh.

Bam. Transition. Everyone is multi-coloured. Well, at least Twilight doesn't look that out-of-place. Still though, it looks ugly. I would have preferred them to have more human-ish skin, and then have the coat colours be more prominent in their clothing.

Huh. With the blue haired guy at that point, I'm seriously hoping that that won't be a romantic interest. People also have noted that he looks a lot like Shining Armour. I don't have a lot to say on that... besides this:

Since they're not related it'll be okay.

...Anyhow, so it seems that Sunset Shimmer is the antagonist of this movie. Kind of disappointing for me, really, because all she seems to be is that obnoxious popular high school girl with an ego.

Magic doesn't work. Kind of figured that one out by the lack of horn. Yeah.

Anyhow, I'm not so sure what to think about the whole cast that Twilight interacts with just being a parallel version of her friends. Which makes me think, where's Twilight's parallel version? My first bet went to Sunset Shimmer, just because of the similarity in the name...

Anyhow, CMC have boobs. I guess they're about 11-12? Yeah, let's move on.

So I guess there is some kind of beauty contest... What? Oh god no. No...

...Let's... move on... (depression)

So I guess there are still some fantasy elements about this. Hey look, isn't that the Element of Magic? Nope. It's just the crown that Twilight wears in Season 3 Finale. Also, who is the person inside the blue flame? I can see a fragment, but it doesn't really help me figuring out who it is. Bleh. I'm going to guess that's where they reveal that Sunset Shimmer is actually Twilight Sparkle!! ...moving on.

So it seems the equine world will have its own role, too. Hopefully it'll be balanced, and not something like having 2 minute of screenplay throughout the entire movie.

Well, that basically covers it for me. All I have to say about this... thing. I still have no hopes for it. That doesn't mean I'm going to disregard it. Now, what I want to know. There are apparently no humans in Equestria. Are there no ponies in Highschoolandia(?) as well? Because if yes, then I would really love to see how they would develop that, with Twilight being an actual pony to begin with.

Yeah. Bye.

From what I've seen I'm scarred by the plot. The animation seems fine, I don't know why but I figured the animation wouldn't be a lick fluid. Hopefully I'm just wrong, but it seems like it's going to 25% MLP:FIM, 75% Bratz knockoff. sad.png 

I hope I'm wrong... I hope it'll be good... I'll keep waiting until I see it in its entirety to have a verdict. Please just be a shock due to human ponies.

So far I hate pretty much everything this has to offer, I'll see this movie since I'm planning to do a review of it, but I'm not going to enjoy it simply because it has the MLP title slapped on it, Lets check off the things I already hate about it.

*High school setting: check 

*dog Spike: check

*humans: check

*possible love interest: check

*replacing the other 5 characters: check

*prom: check

the list goes on.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, after seeing the trailer, I'm not really as hyped up for it as much as before. It just looks like a drama chick-flick that was mean for teenage girls, and I'm not into that stuff xP But it still has ponies so I'm probably gonna watch it, but I'll just wait for it on youtube or something.

I'm guessing that the story will be about some prom night and Twilight needs to be Prom Queen to get her 'Element' back and return back to Equestria, and she needs some date to go with, so she'll have a crush on the same guy her enemy likes then everything gets dramatic xP

(edited)

I'm still staying cautiously optimistic with this. This trailer was really pretty short and didn't really reveal too much. It had a few possibly worrying aspects, all of which I expected (possible romance, popularity issues, prom queen kinda thing, a queen bee, etc.) but there were also some cute moments. And those strange wings, ears and facial tattoos are gone now, yay!

This could very well be like the Monster High webisodes, which, well...bless them, but they are really rather shallow, encouraging unhealthy body images and the generic, catty stereotypes of "girlhood" that young girls are simply awash with. All while spouting an on-the-surface, white-washed message of "Be yourself! Be unique! Be a monster!" , "everyone has their own freaky flaws, that's just what makes them their own fabulous monster!"...yeah, sure, but only if they've got a waist thinner than your eyes, giggle and talk about boyfriends every other minute, wear heels even when rollerskating, are focused on always being drop-dead gorgeous, are totally fashion-obsessed, have a real dainty and skinny figure, are one of the popular girls, etc., etc., etc.). Sometimes the message is actually sincere and there are clever little bits, but as a whole, the episodes are...yeah...

Ah, maybe I shouldn't have complained about Monster High...now it's harder to remain optimistic about this XD But I want to believe this will be better than the Monster High webisodes! (Which, aren't actually that bad if you watch them knowing full well what they are.) My Little Pony has always been a wholesome brand, I think, and I would like to hope they would not stray from that too terribly just for a quick buck. When Faust was developing FiM, she wanted to create something that empowers girls, not confines them in a tight little box full of typical high school drama...I would like to think some of that drive for creating girly media that's quality and healthy still exists in the creative team behind Equestria Girls.

And, if they do? Eh, no skin off my bones. I would still buy the dolls anyway biggrin.png I would feel a little disappointed because it would just be another example of the kinda generic, stereotype-ridden media kids consume way too much of. But if I don't like it I will just ignore it. There will still be the main show, which will remain the good old Pony we all know and love.

Edited a billion times for grammar stuffs.

Edited by Powderpuff

(edited)

I'm glad they didn't keep their wings like the character concepts showed, that was one of the only two gripes I had for the character concepts.

Edited by Crimzo

I said this when I first heard about Equestria Girls, and I'll say it again now.

This looks amazing.

I relinquish no bucks about all the hate this film is getting, I seriously cannot WAIT to watch this.

I personally think that it reminds me of Winx(A show I haven't really watched)..But then again Winx was just a copy of W.I.T.C.H..I'm getting off the point here.

I actually highly prefer the idea of a feature length episode of this(a movie)to just normal episodes.At least then Hasbro will have enough time to explain what the hell is going on.Give it a chance though guys.Hasbro could take a lot of cool turns with this movie,like giving Lyra an active part due to her uncanon human studies?Something good will come of it,I'm sure!

Overall,the movie looks a ton better than it did from the first impression picture we got..Although,I'm still a little sceptical about how it will play out.

Deathflame

The whole concept of it is pretty weird, but I actually kinda wanna see it now, after watching the trailer. I didn't think Sunset Shimmer was cannon, but it's a very pleasant surprise. 

Too bad it doesn't show in Australia. :(

I hope there is a Derpy in this, I'll probably be watching this twice, one for the main story and the other for derpy. I might freeze frame the video when it comes out online.

Well, at least it has actual ponies in it at some point. I'll watch it just for that!

I think it looks like it could be kind of entertaining, actually. Especially because of the background ponies making an appearance. *crosses fingers and hopes for Doctor Whooves and/or Derpy*

It's pretty funny how everyone automatically hated it and now those same people are changing their minds happy.png

But hey, I'm not blaming anyone. I was one of the skeptics too, at first.

I think we have all learned a valuable lesson from this. :)

The whole concept of it is pretty weird, but I actually kinda wanna see it now, after watching the trailer. I didn't think Sunset Shimmer was cannon, but it's a very pleasant surprise.

Too bad it doesn't show in Australia. :(

I'm with you on the Australia bit, we never get the good stuff. I can't believe we are still in the middle of airing season 2!!! Also, why does bronycon have to be in Sydney? Melbourne never gets the conventions. *Sorry I rage so much*
  • Brohoof 1

Guess I'm the last guy here who'll deffo watch it despite if it is legitimately bad. No harm done anyway.

--------

Anyone angry, pissed, upset or think this is wrong? Please watch. Thank you. :3

Like, if you cant do that then man.. you need to go out more.

I'm with you on the Australia bit, we never get the good stuff. I can't believe we are still in the middle of airing season 2!!! Also, why does bronycon have to be in Sydney? Melbourne never gets the conventions. *Sorry I rage so much*

Your rage is justifiable. Being in Australia really sucks sometimes. XD

I didn't even know we're in the middle of season 2. :P 

Probably because I don't have foxtel, I just watch it on Youtube and dvds. :P

They definitely improved the art style since the promo images were released, but everything else doesn't seem particularly interesting. I mean, even if it's not canon I don't feel particularly pleased about the potential romance aspect, the plot seems exactly the same as just about every other movie that has ever taken place in a high school, and although it is much better I'm still not overly fond of the art.

On the other hand, I felt pretty similarly about Friendship is Magic, so I'd give it a try. Probably not day one, and I don't plan to see it in theaters at all, but maybe later on Netflix or something if I hear good things.

This is turning out to be a whole lot better than I thought, the art style is actually pretty good and none of the voices have changed.

Still not completely buying the whole "high school" thing and the plot doesn't seem to be anything special from what I could see, but this trailer has still given me a relatively good impression of Equestria Girls.

I look forward to more news in the future.

I'm really happy about the improved art style much better than the concept. I'm definitely going to give this a watch because it's going to be interesting seeing all the characters in different situations.  

I think it actually looks pretty darn cool. It seems to be canon as well. Seeing as Sunset Shimmer is in it, I wonder if the pony version of her will appear in season 4...