Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[OFFICIAL] Equestria Girls Trailer

Sanic Screwdriver

86 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like or hate Equestria Girls?

• hate
    • neutral

(edited)

“It’s new but still an extension of our mythology.”

Ok, I got to admit, I liked the trailer a little, EQgirls just became a little more interesting then it was before. But still, considering the news, it says "it's new but still an extension of our mythology", this is a spin off series, will it like continue from it. Like will they remember it and possibly use that mirror in future episodes. I'm confused because it's a spin off series, the way I think it's meant to be read is that. It's new but still builds on the same mythology as the show. So maybe we will see the everfree forest or maybe mythology stuff like Cerberus. But hopefully they will keep it as a spin off series and nothing more.

That part with: “It’s new but still an extension of our mythology.” I just got this explanation: "because the movie starts out in Canon Equestria, -then- goes to the new world. It isn't just a parallel dimension with no link to the first one, to start with"

and

"it will be a spin-off series. The Equestria you see in the movie can simply be considered a parallel universe, a copy of Equestria if you like that doesn't change the original Equestria as it was after season 3".

I hope they didn't mind I decided to copy it, but I was affraid that extension bit was indicating that it wouldn't be a spin off series after all. But these two explain that it is. So, no worries there, made me more interested in watching that movie.

You know what this might actually not be that bad. I guess I look a little forward to see how this turns out. Hopefully it's still a spin off series, I don't want it to have any effects on the show. Although we would know after the movie and know because of the trailer. That they can travel the multiverses. I was going to give this movie a chance and be sceptical about it, but now on the other hoof, I will go see that movie and possibly enjoy it.

It's a spin off series, no need to worry. It has been mentioned a lot that it's a spin off series and nothing more. So that means it will be ok, no matter how it turns out. Hopefully it will just turn out good.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

Your rage is justifiable. Being in Australia really sucks sometimes. XD

I didn't even know we're in the middle of season 2. :P 

Probably because I don't have foxtel, I just watch it on Youtube and dvds. :P

I watch it on YouTube but I also watch the show with my little sister on tv, not the most plesent thing but at least I get to spend some time with her even if she does yell out at the best bits...
  • Brohoof 1

The trailer has made me WAY more excited about the movie.  I hadn't thought about the extra stuff like band and chior, hopefully they play on those a little.  The art-style is exactly that, an art style.  I can't wait for this.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Holy Princesses Celestia and Luna of Equestria! Kill me please!

mlfw8838-1353974816025.jpg

Suddenly my worst espections became true. Ugly character design, love story, highschool drama, targeted at teen girls and, worst of all, in-universe linked to the classic FIM show.

But wait... it can become even more worse. If Equestria Girls will have something to do with Season 4, say FIM featuring humans or just mentioning events from this movie, then the show will be dead to me. It's called "jumping the shark", the point at which a TV show has surpassed it's zenit and looses quality with every new season.

All we can do is hope that this spin-off will die as soon as possible. Besides, I will not go to the cinema for this, first because people would LAUGH AT ME, second because they would be TOTALLY RIGHT WITH DOING THIS and third 'cause me buying a ticket would raise the box office and viewer statistics.

Edited by Tahirih
  • Brohoof 2

They still all have odd skin colors.

I still greatly disapprove. It seems like its based of reality high school. Bleck.

No thanks.

(edited)

I am slightly optimistic but its not like I'm saying it will be good, the only thing I noticed was in the trailer the angry chick, looks a lot like Sunset Shimmer. Which means that maybe Celestia sent her there first, she got so tangled up in the parallel world that she didn't want to leave, and now she is jealous of Twilight being Celestia's new student....or she could be just generic Insert Villain Here material, but the description on the Sunset Shimmer toy box says that Sunset Shimmer Knows a magical path way to far away adventures.

Edited by Trent

I have one important question. Is equestria girls gonna be a movie or will it be an ongoing tv show? I really have to know soon!

It's going to be a one off movie I think, well that's the impression I got I don't think it'll keep on as a TV show etc. I don't see how it could work as a TV show tbh but anyways

not actually related by blood

Are Twilight and Shining Armour not related by blood? How did i not know this. 

|---------------------|

I was meh status before watching the trailer and now i'm pretty psyched about it. Who doesn't want to re-discover the magic of friendship all over again. The whole high school thing doesn't bother me at all. I'm yet to read a better scenario from anyone that doesn't like the idea. 

I'm really impressed.  I think the boy is Shining Armor.  He's taller than some students and shares the same voice.  I'm mre excited now that they fixed up the designs and released the trailer.

• Brohoof 1

One reaction:

This thing, this trailer, this movie is so freaking full of potential, so mysterious. I wasn't nervicited this much since Hal revealed Sonic for SSB:Brawl.

I just hope those pony-related jokes won't take half of the movie. The plot seems to be linear and predictable, let's see if they can execute this one well enough. Or, hell, they can put some twists. Like, I dunno, that green magic blast is actually transformation into Chrysalis that proceeds to travel back in time into Equestria.

Even if the movie fails, it already has enough potential to spawn thousands of fanwork. And I'm okay with that.

Ahh! This looks amazing! I'm actually kind of excited for this now. <3 I hope they don't go overboard with that obvious romance thing there, although is it just me, or does the boy with spiky blue hair have the same VA as Shining Armor?

• Brohoof 2

Not sure how I feel about this, to be honest. 

I'm always indifferent to anything like this until I actually see it, same with huge changes (Twilicorn for example) I like to reserve judgement until I see it for myself. 

This looks...well I dont know, honestly. It looks like they could pull it off pretty well, but at the same time it looks like it could be a big ruiner (like that guy Twilight hugged, i'm afraid they'll bring in overcomplexity to the series, like romance and crap like that) 

Honestly though I think just waiting and seeing is going to be the best option. I'm actually a little excited for this, whereas before I haven't even give a second thought. 

Megan McCarthy is at the helm so Im optimistic.  Pretty sure its going to end up being a spinoff series. Rugrats All Grown UP was just suppost to be a one shot movie as well.  With the money Hasbro is pouring into this, I doubt they will let it go.  Also I personally wont mind if this Sunset girl ends up as part of the main show, as long as she isnt human.

And I thought this spin-off is gonna be stupid......

Turns out it's gonna be good.

AS LONG as canon MLP:FiM will be intact without any mention of this movie.

Are Twilight and Shining Armour not related by blood? How did i not know this. 

|---------------------|

I was meh status before watching the trailer and now i'm pretty psyched about it. Who doesn't want to re-discover the magic of friendship all over again. The whole high school thing doesn't bother me at all. I'm yet to read a better scenario from anyone that doesn't like the idea. 

Im not the one who said that xd Im excited too :P Tbh i like a good high school story from time to time, and i wonder how the whole alternate universe thing works

• Brohoof 1

Animation: top-notch.

Voices: obviously awsome

Skin: meh. Fits I guess.

That dude who could be twilights lover: Not really wanting a ship in the show. I mean fanon is fine but eh. (He's a vampire!)

thing that confuse me: seeing as how the main 6 live on their own in Equestria, presumably making them early to mid 20's, why are they in secondry (or high) school?

Also can spike talk? Seeing as how he is a dog?

I am gonna watch this, and it will either be a train wreck, or just as awsome as mlp.

• Brohoof 1

Wow! So it's finally out.

Well, it is actually not as bad as I thought it would be! It seems that they have made the connection pretty good actually.

..Though.. It still looks...ugh.. and I don't like this sort of things, plus it's humanized :Z:Z

Anyways, I'm glad that Hasbro finally realized that Scotaloo is best chicken!

• Brohoof 2

I'm not really into movie I haven't watched one in a long time the last movie I wanted to go see was Wreak it Ralph and that's because video game humor. So I probably won't go tot he theater to see it.

EG is fine with me it looks to much like every show on TeenNick to me and I really don't want high school drama because of how fake it always seems.So I probably won't watch it anytime soon unless you guys say that it's really good. Also something about Twilight with a love interest just dosen't sound right to me. However, as long as it dosen't cross over with FiM I won't mind at all.

I'm surprised it actually looks quite good and it does have some funny things in it, like when twilight eats the apple without her hands and when Scootaloo is doing the Chicken :P. In my opinion what makes it reassuring is that Meghan McCarthy is writing it who is the one responsible for "A Canterlot Wedding" which in my opinion had the most epic feel in the show and is a fan favorite. Although I'm still not a huge fan of how they all look tall and anorexic and I would prefer it if they looked like what the CMC look like. But hopefully the story will be what makes this a great movie :)  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The Character design got better but i still don't like the Idea!

It's like a combination between my least fafourite things in earth anthto-ponies(depending on the artwork) and highschool musical!

But seriously this theme has been overdone so often and I just hat the lovestory aspect wich will probably come.

I think they could make this really good but I really don't think so.

Also the plot is really obvious, overgirly and clichè.

I hope it won't be like that but I don't think it will be much different...

I'm not hating it and as long as it doesn't interfere with the show itself I'm OK with it..

I will probably give it a shot since it is MLP related!

Edited by RollingPony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

As much as I don't think I'll hate it, the promo did help ease some of my reservations. But it also brought up some new ones. For instance, it seems to have some gags that could very easily be overused, like Twilight getting used to her new body and still acting like a horse.

Someone probably already said this, but it also seems that Hot Minute clip is from this movie. Maybe they'll have an opportunity to throw in a line on how Twilight could get the hang of flying one minute and then not know how the next. If not, well, the fandom has already come up with a pretty logical explanation that's gone straight to my headcanon: it was a bit of beginner's luck that she pulled off without thinking too hard about it...then she started thinking too hard about it. Kinda like swimming in the deep end of a pool for the first time.

Edited by immblueversion

Howdy all!

Interesting trailer.

I know there are a lot of people going bonkers over EG but im giving Hasbro the benefit of the doubt.

If its a hit thats fine. Bad then Hasbro shot themselves in the foot.

With Ingram doing the music & McCarthy writing dont think its gonna be a stinker.

But thats just me.

See ya!

• Brohoof 1