Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Anypony Else Getting the "Elements of Harmony" Guidebook.

FoxyCryptid

This popped on on Amazon for pre-order a few months back and it seems to not have gotten much hype, so I figured I post about it here. It's a 256 page hardcover with episode guides, maps, bios, song lyrics, and whatever else they can cram in it, you can get it for $14 so the price isn't bad either, I already have it pre-ordered, myself.

It also has a 12+ rating instead of the usual 3+ on pony books, which is interesting, and leads me to think it might actually be written at a decent reading level. It also says on the cover it has forwards from Megan and Lauren. 

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Friendship-Guidebook/dp/0316247545/ref=la_B001JOTT1W_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368461071&sr=1-1

post-6903-0-10394400-1368461628_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 10

The 12+ rating is interesting. I think it would certainly be worth a read, and will probably get it myself. 

Also, I imagine the forwards from Meghan and Lauren will be very insightful! huh.png

• Brohoof 1

YES (LIFTS UP HAND) I'm totally going to get this book its really seems like a cool book to look in too and have lots of fun with the book :D

• Brohoof 1

I was like eh about it until the 12+ then I started to get kinda curious, I wonder what... dark secrets lie in that book? :P.

I guess I'll probaly hear about it here within a bit of time of it getting released.

Sounds interesting at the very least, but I'm a closet brony and thus won't be buying.

• Brohoof 1

Il be buying it! Although I'm gunna have a hard time trying to hide it since no one in my house knows that I'm a brony.

Il just have to keep it under my bed or something

I didn't even know it was 12+! That just makes me want to buy it more!

• Brohoof 1

All right that's it. 12+ rating and forward from Lauren with an introduction from Meghan and Jaysson? I'm pre-ordering this sucker.

I mean, I was excited for it already, but not enough to pre-order... but now I have been sucked in. Can't wait~

• Brohoof 2

I just hope it doesn't say something like "Magic is the most important Element", because that would just further imply that Twilight is better than her friends, besides, everyone knows that Laughter is more important than anything.

• Brohoof 3

Of course I'll be buying it! it'll go great with my other coffee-table books. They're all art books and profiles from video games and manga, so adding a similar pony book won't be one bit embarrassing for me. :P
Steal of a deal by the way. Most of the books I get like this one from other series are 30 dollars and up. 

• Brohoof 1

"Brandon T. Snider has authored the popular Dark Knight Manual as well as the best selling DC Comics Ultimate Character Guide. He's also written for Comedy Central and contributed humor to the Huffington Post. He currently lives in Equestria where he enjoys eating as much apple pie as possible in a desperate effort to reveal his Cutie Mark."

Awesome.

• Brohoof 2

I just pre-ordered this from Amazon, only because it was suggested when I was ordering the DVD's. Their marketing strategy sure worked on me. Hopefully, it will be worth it after international shipping and all. I expect some high quality stuff smile.png .

• Brohoof 1

I just hope it doesn't say something like "Magic is the most important Element", because that would just further imply that Twilight is better than her friends, besides, everyone knows that Laughter is more important than anything.

They could do it like the Amber Role Playing game where they have 'x is the most important Statistic because' for each of the statistics, just to confuse the matter. wink.png

Fourteen bucks for a thick hardback book about MLP? ummm.... YESH!! i will be getting this derpy_emoticon2.png

besides, im pretty sure that a thing like this will have lots for bronies, so im intersected to see what interesting show facts are in it

• Brohoof 1

Oh yeah, this looks amazing. I doubt I'll see it in any stores around here (maybe comic shops...?), so I'll buy it as soon as it shows up online. Can't wait!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yup! My friend ordered it for me. I'm waiting for it to arrive, supposed to get here at some point in June. yay.png

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

I really want to order one!!! They ship out June 4th along with the aurora pony plush toys! I cannot wait to read it and fawn over the pictures! I'm sure it will be great! I hope we get some screen shots from each episode.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I am definitely hoping to get this!! It will be my first pony merch ever! (G4, that is...) I'm really interested in buying it, and I hope that I can get it at a reasonable price if I find it selling near where I live. If not, I'll get my uncle to order it for me on Amazon or something. Yay! I can't help but wonder what all those 256 pages are about, and how much info they can store in that single book. :o

Edited by ~Chaotic Fireball~
  • Brohoof 2

Just saw this, but on the Barnes and Noble site. Looks so cool, and detailed! And it has an RD reference....weee! Maybe this is geared towards the older fans? :3 Hope so! But it contains so much info....so I'll think about getting it! It'll be pretty useful! But I can't wait to get it!!!

I'll try to preorder it as soon as possible! This'll be good! Real good! happy.png

• Brohoof 1

Absolutely yes, will buy the book. I hope it will provide more information about the Equestrian world at all, history, geography, events, characters et cetera. 14€ seems a good price to me. I like secondary literature of fictional universes..

(edited)

The book finally arrived yesterday and I've read through most of it.

It's pretty awesome, especially for the price. It's nicely designed, laid out well, and an interesting read. Definitely worth the money. I would have liked to see some more concept art, and some storyboards would have been interesting to look through, but I guess this is more of a series guide-book then an art book. I hope they release an art book at some point, actually. 

But yes, I'm quite pleased with it. img-1523970-1-smile.png 

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1