Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Anypony Else Getting the "Elements of Harmony" Guidebook.

FoxyCryptid

Just got this book a couple days ago and I gotta chime in here about how great it is. Definitely a fan focused book considering what all it contains, the interviews and comments are great. I love the heft and design of the book, and the fact that it looks like the one from the show and has the storyboard intro pages is neat. The synopsis for each episode is cool and that fact that the letters to Celestia are all included as well is a nice touch. And of course I'm glad to see Applejack's name is spelled correctly and when I read through all the quotes in the inside of the covers I loved that my favorite Rarijack lines from The Crystal Empire was included.

I highly recommend this for any fan of the show, very much worth the price.

Well I was thinking of getting this but its not available on Amazon.co.uk and shipping to the UK is coming in at over £15 - more than 3 times what the book costs at best option! 

So, why's there no European print of this? Hardly makes sense

I had wondered about purchasing this book as well. I looked into it and definitely got myself a copy. it is absolutely gorgeous and I don't regret purchasing it whatsoever. I actually made a post over at my Fluttershy RP blog HERE with some pictures.

For the 14 bucks spent, it was well worth every cent. I love the interviews with the creators, concept art, pony bios, the episode by episode synopsis—It is really a gem of a book. I brought it to work with me and the kids I look after for the summer were just as ecstatic as I was!

When I saw "20% Cooler Than All Other Books", I knew that that book was meant for me to read.

The second it's in the library (I'm so cheap, but then again, so is Twilight) it belongs to me.

I assumed that "Bon Bon" was a fan-created name.

But wasn't the name Bon Bon used in the MLP Gameloft game for iPhones and ipods? I don't understand why they would just change a name that has already appeared as canon (unless I'm missing something).

Anyway, I might get the book. I'm still trying to figure out how to buy pony stuff without my family knowing, since they don't know I'm a Brony yet.

But wasn't the name Bon Bon used in the MLP Gameloft game for iPhones and ipods? I don't understand why they would just change a name that has already appeared as canon (unless I'm missing something).

Anyway, I might get the book. I'm still trying to figure out how to buy pony stuff without my family knowing, since they don't know I'm a Brony yet.

What exactly is 'canon' changes based on who you ask. Gameloft used a lot of fan-generated names and ideas in their game, as did the trading cards. The show doesn't have to follow that if the writers/animators don't want to. And Hasbro's marketing department has proven that they don't pay attention to anything DHX or others do when the marketers make toy line decisions. We've reached the point with MLP:FiM that 'canon' is a bit of a boondoggle as there is no one person determining what is canon and what isn't.

What exactly is 'canon' changes based on who you ask. Gameloft used a lot of fan-generated names and ideas in their game, as did the trading cards. The show doesn't have to follow that if the writers/animators don't want to. And Hasbro's marketing department has proven that they don't pay attention to anything DHX or others do when the marketers make toy line decisions. We've reached the point with MLP:FiM that 'canon' is a bit of a boondoggle as there is no one person determining what is canon and what isn't.

Well, that certainly makes things more confusing than they need to be, what with several characters having more than one name.

• 2 weeks later...

So the other day i got the book and I LOVE it!!!!! <3 the mane reason I got the book was for getting it autographed! I saw a post on the Bronycon forums about how other ponies got the book and said when they got to the con they would get it autographed. SO i spent 20 bits on it (well worth it) and it will be autographed all throughout the book.