Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

resolved Avatar not updating in "Who's Online"

Princess Periwinkle
Go to solution Solved by NavelColt,

(edited)

I changed my avatar last night, and I noticed that on the forums homepage where it shows the avatars of a few of the online users it's still showing my old one. I guess it's kind of unimportant, but I just thought I'd ask about it just in case.

Screenshot:

aAVc3pU.png

Edited by The Wife of Law

It sometimes takes a while for your new avatar to show up on the homepage, I don't know why that is the case or what causes it but it always eventually updates even if it isn't always right away.

I noticed the same thing a few weeks ago when I switched my avatar with a better version. I'm kinda curious as to why this is myself. Some kind of cache in the software? 

It may not be possible to get an answer to this one though, as I think the forum software is a purchased package rather than something the gang here made themselves. I don't know how deep they can get into the core of this thingy.

• Brohoof 1

Hi there!

This is a bit of a bug I noticed myself. It usually takes a couple of days to update. It's just something you have to deal with.

It sometimes takes a while for your new avatar to show up on the homepage, I don't know why that is the case or what causes it but it always eventually updates even if it isn't always right away.

Cache and technical reasons. Profile backgrounds sometimes take a while to update, so too do avatars on that little board. I don't believe it's big enough a deal for Key to spend his valuable time trying to look into at the moment, so as previously stated I recommend you simply ignore it for now xP We are aware of it though, so it's not unknown to us.

• Brohoof 1

Its just a normal occurance that happens when you change profile pictures and such, I don't know the technical stuff personally, but its normal, it happens to me and alot of others.

As CD said, this issue is relatively known to the Tech admins, but it's not very high on the "To do List" considering other more vital issue's take precedence.

With that said im locking this up :)

Have a good day ^_^