Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New and Improved Rainbow Dash!

Orablanco Account

Okay, so I decided to sketch Rainbow Dash, the first in a while. As such, I am a bit rusty.

But this post represents something even more important.

You see, when I posted Lyra and Bon Bon yesterday, I got a great response, but also some critiques. Mainly, the noses are a bit big and the ponies I draw are too slender and tall-ish (at least compared to show style).

And thus, this drawing is an experiment in refining my style and developing my ability to draw ponies closer to what the audience wants to see.

And so, I give you, new and improved Rainbow Dash.

post-12583-0-14090900-1368499516_thumb.jpg

I made her a bit stockier as opposed to making her too lean like I usually do, as well as making her a bit shorter. As for the nose, I made everything else huge so it wouldn't feel inadequate.

What do you think of my new art style? I did it just for you guys!

• Brohoof 21

Looks a bit like rainbow dash from the rainbow dash presents my little dashie.  In that video Dash kind of blew up like a balloon fatwise like you have shown -- far too many sugarcubes.

• Brohoof 1

Dude, i love this xD

and you got pretty good pony drawing skills too x3

If only i could draw my OC like this on a moutain of candies xD

• Brohoof 1

Looks a bit like rainbow dash from the rainbow dash presents my little dashie.  In that video Dash kind of blew up like a balloon fatwise like you have shown -- far too many sugarcubes.

Never seen it, but I can assure you no sugarcubes for her. Dash is the pinnacle of pony athleticism! I really think my new style captures that better then the old one.

You know the end of Wonderbolt Academy when Rainbow Dash almost gives up her dream to be in the Wonderbolts? If it actually happened, I'd imagine this would be the outcome of her depression. :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

That is pretty much the view of RD as a fatty fatty.  It was what I thought of when I saw the picture you drew.  Rainbow Dash presents is a pretty good series regardless of the thing parodied.

Grumble it ignored the timestampy thing -- go to 25:15.

Edited by silvadel
  • Brohoof 1

I didn't think it actually possible to make Dash better than what she already is :c You've done astounding with this work of art, and I can scarcely wait to see if you'll do the same with the other ponies.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

dino-laugh.gif

^Pretty much my reaction to this.^

Oh god, my sides. Please don't stop.

If I could make a suggestion, you should do Princess Celestia next, and make her surrounded by cake. :yay:

• Brohoof 2