Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pop Punk appreciating bronies?

Brony182

(edited)
Glad to hear that you grew up with these bands! I love them all and no matter how old i get I will always love them. Thanks for posting!

Nah don't get me wrong, I still do love to hear them, even though I don't turn on their songs anymore. And might as well leave some stuff while I'm posting here, man I used to think that Yellowcard's songs were the most emotional songs I had ever heard.

Edited by gooM
  • Brohoof 1

Nah don't get me wrong, I still do love to hear them, even though I don't turn on their songs anymore. And might as well leave some stuff while I'm posting here, man I used to think that Yellowcard's songs were the most emotional songs I had ever heard.

Yeah some of yellowcard songs are sad and beutiful! I find Shadows And Regrets very emotional and I really love this song a lot

Love this song, discovered it when I picked up the Punk-O-Rama compilation CD when I was 13.

Also, the Descendents can be pretty poppy sometimes.

(edited)

Now normally I would spam a thread like this with nothing but Black Flag and Napalm Death and call everyone a poser but I've changed, I'm a nicer person than that. I don't like pop punk, but I used to when I was like nine. Just to be a nice person, I'll post the only Green Day song that I kinda like.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

I appreciate some Pop Punk as the genre has some great sounding music, albeit I haven't become a fan of any particular band to my knowledge.

(edited)

I am a big fan of Blink 182 but I'm in love with Fall Out Boy and Paramore! Hehe. My favorite Fall Out Boy song is definately Sugar We're Going Down. Im more obsessed with Paramore though. I love Hayley William's voice, and the rest of the band's music. My favorite Paramore songs are For a Pessamist I'm Pretty Opptimistic, and Born For This.

Edited by ✮Chaotic Eureka✮
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite pop punk band is Motion City Soundtrack. Some of my favorite songs are Everything is Alright, Her Words Destroyed My Planet, Pulp Fiction, The Coma Kid, L.G Fuad, Stand Too Close, Make Out Kids, and The Worst Has Yet To Come. On July 6, I'm going to see them live at Warped Tour I cannot wait.

• Brohoof 1

Can we just

I'd post the Wonder Years too, but we're all well aware of how fucking awesome they are.

So I'll post this instead, though it might not fit?  It's almost more easycore than pop-punk.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to try to remember why I stopped listening to pop punk. I remember I used to like Green Day and Blink 182, and I enjoyed listening to The Offspring quite a bit. Then I stopped liking those bands, which is a bit odd since I'm not the kind of person who just stops liking a genre of music. It might have to do with me discovering grunge, I just found stuff like Nirvana and Alice in Chains to be much more interesting. I liked how grunge could be edgy or melodic and sometimes both at the same time. I just didn't feel that with bands like Green Day and The Offspring . It was also around that time that I started to get into metal with bands like Children of Bodom and At the Gates.

Nowadays I think this song is really average, but it was one of my favorites.

(edited)

Anyone listen to those "Punk Goes Pop" albums? I love All Time Low's cover of the Rihanna song "Umbrella":

Some of these covers are pretty good. biggrin.png

Edited by Cloggedone
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think people who say " Ow I grew out of pop punk" or " I stopped Liking pop punk after I hit puberty" are wrong . Im 19 (soon to be 20 ) and I bucking love pop punk more than any other type of music and I will always love it and it doesn't mean that I haven't hit puberty or anything.

I'm going to try to remember why I stopped listening to pop punk. I remember I used to like Green Day and Blink 182, and I enjoyed listening to The Offspring quite a bit. Then I stopped liking those bands, which is a bit odd since I'm not the kind of person who just stops liking a genre of music. It might have to do with me discovering grunge, I just found stuff like Nirvana and Alice in Chains to be much more interesting. I liked how grunge could be edgy or melodic and sometimes both at the same time. I just didn't feel that with bands like Green Day and The Offspring . It was also around that time that I started to get into metal with bands like Children of Bodom and At the Gates.

Nowadays I think this song is really average, but it was one of my favorites.

With all due respect... If you don't like it why do you waste your precious time by posting on pop punk thread about how you think that its worthless crap? I'm sure there are grunge or metal threads out there

• Brohoof 1

Man Overboard another awesome band! check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Dfw_puM8A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36GMZwocKp4

Also give Hit The Lights a shot! this band provides me with energy for the day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32vjobReZfI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-LMjnyOUGo

@@Brony182,

Yo, I was wondering what pop-punk songs you would recommend the most. I wouldn't mind hearing more pop-punk stuff. Or if you know any good punk stuff in general.

Ive posted some links! Be sure to check it out! I am huge pop punk fan and I know many bands that have great stuff :P Its just really hard to post them all! :)

Great band called Bowling For Soup! They make sometimes funny sometimes serious songs and most of them are really catchy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mRoc_rjeHM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwsIoZt6vGU

With all due respect... If you don't like it why do you waste your precious time by posting on pop punk thread about how you think that its worthless crap? I'm sure there are grunge or metal threads out there

I just wanted a little nostalgia because I used to like The Offspring.

I think people who say " Ow I grew out of pop punk" or " I stopped Liking pop punk after I hit puberty" are wrong . Im 19 (soon to be 20 ) and I bucking love pop punk more than any other type of music and I will always love it and it doesn't mean that I haven't hit puberty or anything.

Not only did I stop liking pop punk, I started listening to other forms of punk as well. I started listening to bands like Black Flag, Social Distortion, Fugazi, Big Black, The Misfits, The Clash, D.R.I. etc. I know you're a blink 182 fan, but it's obvious that they ripped off the Nirvana smiley. Look, there's only ONE grunge thread (the one I made) on here, and only ONE (although it's a giant one) metal thread.

I just wanted a little nostalgia because I used to like The Offspring.

Not only did I stop liking pop punk, I started listening to other forms of punk as well. I started listening to bands like Black Flag, Social Distortion, Fugazi, Big Black, The Misfits, The Clash, D.R.I. etc. I know you're a blink 182 fan, but it's obvious that they ripped off the Nirvana smiley. Look, there's only ONE grunge thread (the one I made) on here, and only ONE (although it's a giant one) metal thread.

I don't care! just leave me alone and let me listen to my pop punk! Why do you waste time? Your hate really hurts. *sigh* is it so hard just to ignore this thread?

(edited)

I don't care! just leave me alone and let me listen to my pop punk! Why do you waste time? Your hate really hurts. *sigh* is it so hard just to ignore this thread?

I'm not hating on anything. I'm just telling you that I used to like pop punk, and that I grew out of it and started listening to other forms of music. I never said anything like "pop punk is a load of shit for 13 year olds" or anything like that. Calm your tits down.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

He hates on anything he doesn't like and anyone who likes stuff he doesn't. He gets off on insulting people for some reason. I know how you feel bro, he insults what I like too.

• Brohoof 1

He hates on anything he doesn't like and anyone who likes stuff he doesn't. He gets off on insulting people for some reason. I know how you feel bro, he insults what I like too.

I found this song :D Its kind of funny and catchy :P give it a shot 

By the way did you get the list of songs I've sent you? also thanks for understanding

nice song, one of the slower but nice sounding.

We The Kings is another band from my playlist, if you haven't checked it out yet go on!

All I said was that I grew out of it and that nowadays I find it too bland nowadays. I didn't call him any names or throw any insults at him.

Not the biggest pop-punk guy, but I love Blink 182. My favorite song is either dammit(I find it quite funny) and rock show(the chorus can get stuck in my head so easily, but I love it).

In his defense there was no hate within any of his posts, he just said that he used to like Pop Punk but he found a different style of music to his preference, if you read his posts he didn't say that he hated anything or anyone, honest opinions aren't the same as hatred. Though I'll admit that his second post was a little bit out of hand, his first post was just stating an opinion on the topic of this thread. Quite ironic that this had broken out since I think that I said I grew more accustomed to Hardcore Punk a while back.

No offense man, but 90% of the time he makes these "insults" he's just teasing and pulling at your leg, you've lashed out at me and Dawn for no good reasons when we're just playing along with our jokes.

But anyways, I feel the need to keep this post relevant to the Pop-Punk topic rather than only just the "let's all lash out at each other and call it an internet argument" that's going on right now. So I'll just leave what my favorite Blink-182 song used to be back when I listened to them, the memories of being a 10 year old kid, I remember how upset I was when my headphones broke while I was in the middle of this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MRdtXWcgIw

• Brohoof 1

Hi everybody, this is my last post in this thread since I'm leaving the fandom. However I want this post to be decent and Im going to add some links of some great pop punk songs just in case somebody wants it in the future. So here goes, I picked these song for saying goodbye:

This Time Next Year - is amazing band though I believe its not very well known however I might be wrong:

Tonight Alive - female fronted pop punk band which I really dig hope you will as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJQMHR4108A

Valencia - maybe not very edgy but still catchy:

Veara - great band but I don't know that much about them yet

The Movielife - very cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9F6RtZdsdU

We Still Dream - found them not so long ago but already love their stuff

The Years Gone By - too bad their no longer around

Set Your Goals - very energetic and fun to listen to

And to say goodbye some Simple Plan:

Well that's it I guess hope you guys will enjoy pop punk for many years to come and keep it alive. Rock on

• 4 years later...
On 5/24/2013 at 6:12 PM, Le Kvlt Dawn said:
On 5/24/2013 at 5:18 PM, Champion RD92 said:

All I said was that I grew out of it and that nowadays I find it too bland nowadays. I didn't call him any names or throw any insults at him.

yeah i think they are some of the pop punk fans  that think they got insulted for something like this which is idotic especially since one of the earilest pop punk bands are melodic hardcore which means they were making melodic hardcore punk with pop punk before sum 41 the pop punk band that is influential to easycore so the descendants is as much a predecessor of easycore as sum 41 but you shouldn't really get upset over a fact that someone who left the brony pop punk community but if there was pop punk elitists you would be called a poser for leaving the community because the music is too melodic just like you would get called a poser for leaving the hardcore punk community which if you did leave the pop punk community than i think you are a pop punk poser for a stupid reason like that and that you don't like melodic hardcore and post-hardcore including emocore just like if you left the hardcore punk community for being raw i'll call you a hardcore punk poser and that you don't like oi, anthro-punk, and street punk and i'll would say you are as bad as a scene now if you are only tired of the music because of how much of the music you have listen to it and want to move on to a different music community than i wouldn't have a problem with it as long as you don't do it to look cool in your circle of friends because in my opinion people should be listening to a both melodic and raw music because both melodic and raw music are great and those who only listen to one or the other are i am just applying this definition for any closed-minded music fans because this is the best way to describe closed-minded music fan who only listen to raw or melodic music not both including a genre or subgenre that is a combination of raw and melodic music

a person who acts in an affected manner in order to impress others.

Edited by twilightfan