Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

resolved Breaking a large quote into sections?

Dark Fox
Go to solution Solved by King,

(edited)

I used to be able to do this by simply hitting enter, it would separate a paragraph or whatever from a large section of quoted text allowing me to address each point. Now it doesn't seem to work...Example:

Oh man, I sure do love ponies!

Gee Whiz, me too!

Aren't ponies awesome?

Willikers, they sure are!

Vs:

Oh Man, I sure do love ponies!

Aren't ponies awesome?

Skippy peanut butter and bananas, I sure wish I could address each point here specifically rather than responding to a wall of text with another wall of text!

So, how can I dissect a users quote? Without copy-pasting each paragraph of course.

Edited by The Wife of Law

This works sometimes for me, other times it doesn't. I blame IPS and it's fail coding.

One solution is to make use of the BBCode Mode Button. The little light switch icon at the very top left of your post/text editor switches between unimplemented BBCode, and implemented. By switching over to BBCode mode, you can bypass these sort of errors by going to new lines outside the code tags. Then you just click the light switch again to go back to normal text viewing mode, after, and check that things look alright before posting,

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I believe you are able to mention certain points in a post by highlighting them and clicking on them. A little menu should pop up with "mention" on it. Just click that and I think that will fix your problem.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)
I used to be able to do this by simply hitting enter, it would separate a paragraph or whatever from a large section of quoted text allowing me to address each point. Now it doesn't seem to work...

The above answers both would help solve your current issue, so it's all up to you which one you adopt. The code option would be more detailed if thats your sort of thing, while the simple highlight and click would be alot easier, thats the one I'd recommend for you in all honesty.

If you aren't quite sure what is meant by that, have this screen shot:

When you click and drag over a piece of text you wanna quote, a small box will appear that gives you the ability to quote or mention

Hopefully this helps img-1465794-1-happy.png

EDIT: Judging by the lack of response and the abundance of help here, Im going to assume you understood what has been said :3

don't be afraid to ask again if you still have issues...

for now though, Im locking this up ^_^

Have a nice day :)

Edited by Dawn♥Rider
  • Brohoof 1