Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favorite High School Memory

TomokoKuroki

Well this is going to make me seem more violent then I am.

In freshman year some big dude tried to pick a fight with me to impress his girlfriend, who had the most uninterested face whenever he was around her. The dude came up started insulting me but I just ignored him until he tried to punch me in the shoulder, after which I promptly grabbed his arm, broke it at the elbow, punched him back, kicked him to knock him over, them toke my 30lb bag and dropped it on his crotch. And after that nobody dared to fuck with me ever again img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

And then a month later after his arm was mostly healed we ended up being good sparring buddies.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite High School memory had to have been my senior trip without a doubt. We went down to Charleston, SC and I had the greatest time of my life down there. I got to bond with my friends so well during that time. I want to go back down to Charleston so bad now too.  

Graduation day at my high school was my most memorable day. I was to perform on the piano a very virtuoso piece. I played it, and even with a few mistakes, everyone gave me a standing ovation and a lot of cheers. I have it on Youtube. If you want to see it, it's bad quality, but it's on the spoilers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some pretty fond memories of my schools Air Force JROTC, which was a lot like a family for me. Prom is my favorite single memory though. We had an Alice in Wonderland theme and I got to go with someone I had liked since 6th grade, who is now my boyfriend (don't worry, I've properly converted him into the fandom). That night was simply perfect.

I'm going to get all emotional while writing this, but here it goes.

For our senior trip, the choir went to Disney World to sing. One of our songs was the ending to the Mickey Mouse Club House. On the last day of senior year, my best friend and I hugged, and sang, "Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company" to each other.

...Yep. Tears achieved.

I think my favorite high school memory SO FAR, was how my ex (( Sadly. :( )) told me that he liked me.. But it's sad because he asked me out because of a dare. But I was really touched on how he told me he liked me: he wrote me a song. :)

(edited)

Oh, high school! Seems like so long ago.

My first memory probably has to be making it into Finals for any Forensics tournament I was at. I did break into finals quite a bit as well. I did Extemporaneous speaking, but I was never legendary or anything. I just loved the act of public speaking about political topics.  ^_^ 

I was on the Swimming and Water Polo teams for much of high school. On the swim team, I remember the funniest girl on our team: Nicole.

Nicole is basically a goddess among humans. She scored a 14 on her ACT, loved tacos, was obsessed with Farmville and stupid Youtube videos, and was our best Fly stroke swimmer on the team. She also always complained of being hungry and wanting Taco Bell. We still speak of Nicole as a legend among women today because there was never a dull swim practice with her.  :lol: 

My final great memory was prom. Near the end of Prom, my best friend and I (who had both gone stag) got bored, so we left early instead of going on the cruise boat around Lake Michigan. We went back to her house, made s'mores in her fireplace, and watched Disney movies for the rest of the night. We had more fun doing that then going on some stupid boat.  -_- 

Edited by MaryManatee
  • Brohoof 1

Like several before me, I'd have to say graduating/leaving. There wasn't one redeeming quality about that place and only three people I can say anything good about. This was also a private school with less than 200 people, so I knew everyone there.

In keeping with the spirit of the thread, I'd have to say my favorite event that occurred while I was still a student was when a friend and I skipped prom (which had mandatory attendance for some reason) to go eat dinner at a Chinese restaurant. We drove by slowly and waved at several teachers who were standing out front and motioning in a commanding fashion that we stop and go inside. Got threatened with detention, suspension, and extra work for it the next day, but a dismissive reminder that we would be gone in less than two full months anyway just pissed them off and caused them to give up. Felt good and it would easily be my second favorite memory.

• Brohoof 4

Graduating was my favorite part. I had a fairly large class (750ish) so my school's gym was inadequate for graduation. We graduated at an arena downtown. It just so happened to be the same arena The Beatles played at back in the 60's. It was pretty cool to walk on the same stage The Beatles did. Oh yeah, and being done with school was awesome too.

But if I had to choose a memory from when I was actually in school, then I have to go with my senior year in band. My best friend and I both played the tuba and we spent our entire year screwing around. We were loud, crude, and obnoxious but there was nothing our director could do about it. If he pissed us off and we quit, the other 2 tuba players could hardly hold a note. But our band was winning awards, so he put up with it. So from goofing off in class, causing trouble at marching competitions, and us wearing stupid clip on bow ties at the state music educators consortium we headlined, we could get away pretty much anything. Ah, good times.

(edited)

One of my other favorite memories was when I went to a local event known as "DramaFest". And it is basically a 3 day event where we learn about acting outside of school.

And it was a time that really helped me break my shell, and explore myself, and my own creativity. but more importantly, it helped me be more comfortable with expressing myself, and my own creativity. So I definitely look back with joy at that event (Even though at the time i wanted to die of nervousness xD).

Edited by Hayze

I don't really have that many exceptional memories of high school. I was one of those "get in, do work, get out" kids. I didn't do clubs, teams, or extracurriculars, and I didn't really make friends until the end of Junior year. Overall something I don't want to do again. However, I had a few good memories.

- The senior year trip to Europe with my history teacher. We went to Italy, France, and Spain, and I got a chance to bond with some more people. I made some good friends on that trip. Too bad I only had like two weeks after to be with them. :P

- I made the entire class burst out laughing during sophomore year, including the teacher! I was in econ class, and I fell asleep at my seat. The kid in front of me turns around, and when I opened my eyes he was staring right at me. "Whatcha dreaming about, big guy?" he asked me. To which I responded ever-so-calmly, "your mother." EVERYONE burst out laughing.

• Brohoof 1

My senior year, I was in JROTC and me and my friend did the expedition rifle team with all the spinning and throwing rilfes and stuff.. Anyways we made up a routine with martial arts moves in it and performed at a JROTC meet. We didn't place but man was it fun.

Oh, high school, the ironic height of my life in the end.  But that's another story.

My favorite memories from high school are my senior season of marching band, especially the end. It was a very intense season, that ended very well. It's been many years, and I've made many new memories, but I will never forget this one. I guess you could say it was the year that really made my high school a serious contender on the national level. But I don't want to make it about that, because back then we weren't about winning. The placements that the current members lament about, would have been amazing to us back then, because we had never known a placement that high. We were about making finals and getting to perform a third time. And that happened, and it was amazing, and it was the best performance ever.

It can best be described as a fairy tale ending for my high school marching band career. It couldn't have even possibly ended any better than it did.

In keeping with the spirit of the thread, I'd have to say my favorite event that occurred while I was still a student was when a friend and I skipped prom (which had mandatory attendance for some reason) to go eat dinner at a Chinese restaurant.

Prom was mandatory at your school? I could just imagine a couple of teenagers getting a hotel for the night and claiming that it was "extra credit" of course I didn't get so lucky as my junior prom was taking this good friend of mine as a favor to her because her boyfriend couldn't take her because he was on active duty in the military. And my senior prom was with this one girl who had this crush on me but I didn't feel the same way about but I still had a good time in both cases. Making things mandatory like that seems stupid to me as it just pisses people off and makes them less likely to actually enjoy it. That same attitude is what I am going to take once my exit strategy for getting out of my hellhole of a current job, I am not going to go out of my way to cause trouble but if someone gives me crap I won't have any reason to take it anymore because once I hand in my 2 weeks notice than what are they going to do fire me?

My best memories were in my science classes. Whenever someone would fall asleep, my teacher would pull a roll of pennies out of her pocket and chuck them at the person. There's a lot of other amazingly funny things that she did, but I'm going to try and keep this an all ages post. I was helping teach a kids class in my dojo when one of the teachers grabbed two balls to help demonstrate how to properly roll. What he said was "Alright, kids. I have two balls. One's a big black one. The other is a small red one. Watch how they roll!" By now, my face had turned purple and I burst out laughing. Huh. So much for keeping this an all ages post. Oh well.

i have 2 great moments actually.

the first was in my last year of High School and i saw that the school musical that we were doing that year was Beauty and the Beast. now at my school there is a musical theater class and if you were in that class you automatically were supposed to audition for it which i had done a previous year but partnered with a friend who was also in that class. but i wasn't in the class that year so i had to audition after school by myself which i did and sang a bit of a song and i'm usually very shy. my homeroom teacher who i had through 4 years was very proud of me for that because thought i ment to i forgot to tell her so she was surprised XD

my second moment was at the graduation banquet, it was near the end of high school, it was an awesome time (the after party was a whole bunch of fun too), i got to wear my grad dress where i honestly felt sorta like a princess, and i was part of the small grad choir which was only for the grad class where we sang "Good Life" by One Republic which i can happily say is now one of my favorite songs :3

• 3 months later...

Oh man that's easy,

Me and my friend Kc went to his car and smoked I don't know how much pot, oh my goodness! we were in there for a good 30mins lol just smoking away... then after all that we broke out the pills cut those up and snored them ohh man I was bucked up that day.. Best day of school...

• 6 years later...

In the high schools I attended, the most memorble experience was the time I got to interact with people from another country. Despite the language barrier, we both had fun together.

I thought that language barriers don't stop anyone from having a good time. That was considred a memorable experience to me, well that and field trips I guess.

The only good memory I have of high school is leaving it behind forever. When I got my meaningless little diploma thing I sprinted to the nearest egress and disappeared. I didn’t go to the stupid party afterward and didn’t say goodbye to any acquaintances, I simply left the whole poisonous ordeal behind and never looked back. 

Hmmm....I don’t know I mean, I was homeschooled so...all of my “high school memories” would just be general memories I hold during my teenage years lol. I have a lot of great memories from then but I’d say the most memorable would be when me and my family went to the Daytona 500 during my senior year. Yeah....I didn’t have much friends back then and don’t now, so memories with friends is out of the question here. 

• Brohoof 1