Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So when the CMC grow up...

Trixie the Greatest

There has been many speculations and artist renditions of how the CMC probably would look like when they grow up, complete with their Marks in tangem.  So far, the most that gets Applebloom is that she could become a Carpenter, as odd of achoice as it seems, and Sweetie Belle a singer, with musical notes prominent in any kind of mark created.  Scootaloo is stil la wild card, but some choose that her mark would probably be similar to Rainbow Dash's in one way or another:

cmc_all_grown_up_by_kraysee_d54owi8.png

Seems Bloom may also get a hat of her own in some renditions:

cutie_mark_crusaders_grown_up_by_icecyth

And a rare instance that point to their on stage performance when they were younger:

9eab296e5ff6771335029e0d96fe56b5_d5agg3x

Will Scootaloo be able to fly? 

Since Babs Seed was added to the CMC later on, it makes sens to also show what she may be able to be like when she gets mark and as an grown up.  Here is another rendition with Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon as a bonus:

161814_UNOPT_safe_cmc_artist_schnuffitru

So what is anyone else's expectations when they do indeed reach adulthood?

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Your theories are interesting, but how were you able to get Apple Bloom as a carpenter? XD I do agree that Sweetie Belle's talent is singing/music. I hope in the show the CMC don't get their cutie marks because it will defeat the purpose of the CMC, and I won't get to see their awesome adventures to get their cutie marks. I also kinda want Scootaloo to still ride her scooter XD

Edited by ✮Chaotic Eureka✮

I think they kinda set up what their cutie marks are going to be. I just don't think they will be able to make them have different special talents after showing their talent at singing, decor, and.... yeah Scoots is still elusive. Stunts?

But yes I think they will get their cutie marks before the show ends. Maybe not season 4, but some day.

(edited)

Your theories are interesting, but how were you able to get Apple Bloom as a carpenter? XD I do agree that Sweetie Belle's talent is singing/music. I hope in the show the CMC don't get their cutie marks because it will defeat the purpose of the CMC, and I won't get to see their awesome adventures to get their cutie marks.

it all comes from the episode "The Show Stoppers".  Apple Bloom was noted for her great carpentry skills in repairing the clubhouse and was expected to do the set design for their talent show demonstration, but all their "ideal" roles got shifted- Apple Bloom doing the dancing, the athletic and coordinated Scootaloo doing the singing, and Sweetie Belle created the sets.

Edited by hawkflame
  • Brohoof 3

I always thought Scootaloo would be a stunt pony with her scooter. In fact, I'm going to think it's really really stupid if she doesn't. I don't think she should be an exceptional flyer. Even if she learns to fly I don't think she should be a flyer like RD. There has to be some sort of sports/entertainment besides the Wonderbolts and I would like to see her there. Over wise all of her scooter tricks and even her freaking name won't make sense to me.

I don't have any idea about Applebloom though.

• Brohoof 1

I love that last image. Babs looks... hot. Somehow reminds me of Kristen Stewart tongue.png I'd totally watch a series starring that group.

I always thought Scootaloo would be a stunt pony with her scooter. In fact, I'm going to think it's really really stupid if she doesn't. I don't think she should be an exceptional flyer. Even if she learns to fly I don't think she should be a flyer like RD. There has to be some sort of sports/entertainment besides the Wonderbolts and I would like to see her there. Over wise all of her scooter tricks and even her freaking name won't make sense to me.

I don't have any idea about Applebloom though.

Hmm, Scootaloo is pretty speedy on her scooter though, and loves it. I think if she was able to fly, she would go as fast as possible. But true, she'd probably never be as fast as Dash, because not even the Wonderbolts are that fast. Even if she loves speed, her talent seems to be more for stunts, with coordination and balance like that spin move she does in Show Stoppers. Also reaction time.

As a side note, I noticed something interesting about the Cutie Mark Crusaders... Rainbow Dash is practically the founder, since she was the one who gave Apple Bloom the idea to try random crap and see if you get lucky laugh.png I wonder if they'd have their marks by now if not for that ineffective (though entertaining) approach. Although it's not a bad thing to do in general even if you do know your talent already. Fun, keeps the brain healthy, and sometimes you discover more talents or alternative ways to utilize your existing ones :)

(edited)

I love that last image. Babs looks... hot. Somehow reminds me of Kristen Stewart img-1470097-1-tongue.png I'd totally watch a series starring that group.

You want hot huh?

Pssh, you shoulda seen what I requested as a cutie mark at a livestream one day.

post-380-0-29347000-1368711337_thumb.jpg

To be honest, I actually loved when this picture was drawn. (( And PS: go fullscreen ))

Edited by 1_0_4_3268764 0 OK 0

Well, I'm fairly sure that their cutie marks are going to be the same as the ones in G3. This is Scootaloo's

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/040/6/8/scootaloo__s_butterfly_by_glamourkat-d396t7u.jpg

Most of the ponies from G3 that moved onto G4 has altered cutie marks, so I think Scootaloo's cutie mark would be a little less girly.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/225/8/d/sweetie_belle__s_mark_by_queenmomi_chan-d46glyq.png

This is Sweetie Belle's cutie mark.

But there's none for Apple Bloom. Apple Bloom wasn't in G3. So, we'll just have to wait.

I also think that they'll have the same mane styles they have now.

(edited)

I really would be surprised if they did have one of them get their cutie mark in a show and deal with the fallout that would come with it.

Like having Diamond and Spoon try to convince that one to hang out with them and at the sametime the other two push her away out of jealousy and worry that things have changed. But Diamond and Spoony are total bores and the CMC adventures just aren't the same without her, so they all are missing each other.

In the end they get back together and decide that the crusade doesn't end when you get your cutie mark of when all your friends get their cutie marks the CMC crusades to help all ponies everywhere find their true talent and you never stop being CMC or crusading! And just because something changes in life true friends will always be friends.

End scene they are all stand proud together camera is pulling away gives a glimpse of them in the future grown up, they have their marks but the audience can't quite see them. Roll credits, that's how I see it but probs not for another season or two but who knows, I thought it was too early for twi to become a Alicorn but that happened.

Added a little more derpy_emoticon2.png

Also even though we all aren't exactly sure what scootaloo's cutie mark might be, I would guess that she gets her's first.   I say that because I think her's will be related to stunts and not her scooter.  And given what the CMC actually do, I'd say she is the only one actually focusing on her true talent since she does it both for fun and to try and impress Rainbow Dash.  If she is able to nail an awesome stunt in front of Rainbow and actually gets her to congratulate Scootaloo and say she's impressed than bam! I think she would get it then and there.

Sweetie and AB don't really focus on their talents (Singing and Manufacturing/Fabrication if that's what they are) enough to realize them of do something spectacular with them.  For them something out of the ordinary would have to happen I think.  For example somepony noticing Sweetie's singing and insisting she develop it or AB breaking something and then is so guilty spends an entire night making a new one or fixing it and though it isn't the orginal her family loves it more because she made it and are so impressed at what a good job she did.

Edited by Fivefs
  • Brohoof 2

I know it's been made fairly obvious by the show what the CMC's cutie marks are going to be, but...

Wouldn't it be cool if the three of them got cutie marks that accent each other? They wouldn't have to match, but they could be designed in such a way that when combined, they make a bigger picture. I would like to see an episode in which one of them gets their cutie mark first, but no one is really sure what it is, or why it appeared. The episode could have elements of Fivefs' idea about Spoon and Diamond sticking their noses in it, and the animosity that might cause a rift in the crusaders. Then a second one gets her mark and she also can't tell what it is. The two that have their weird marks are so depressed they don't even want to come out in public. The one that doesn't have her mark yet is still hopeful and trying to rouse the other's spirits but it isn't working. It seems like all is lost.

Then some climactic event happens and all three of them are faced by some mythical monster that's terrorizing Ponyville. They try to work together to stop it but can't and end up cornered by the monster together. In that moment, the third one gets her cutie mark and it too does not make sense. Dejected, they think they are going to die and agree that they will always be "cutie mark failures", but they smile and say that even if they never got a chance to discover their true talents, they're glad they got to try with each other. They all hold hooves, and wait for the end. And in THAT moment some magic starts to happen. Their three seemingly non-sensical cutie marks become animated and glow. They lift up off of their flanks and come together to create a picture that does make sense, and suddenly, the CMC have momentary superpowers. Their cutie marks combined create a picture of a powerful alicorn which now appears on all of their flanks. They rise up into the air and a strong beam of magic bursts out of them, hitting the monster and sending it away over the horizon.

The CMC fall back to the ground, normal again, with their normal cutie marks. The whole town praises them as heroes. But they still aren't sure what their individual talents are. Celestia explains that a cutie mark isn't just a symbol of talent, it is a reflection of the part of a pony which he or she holds most special. Since the crusaders are such good friends, their cutie marks reflect each other, and the powerful things they can achieve when they work together, as they have learned since forming the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

I'm not entirely sure what the nonsensical cutie marks would look like, but I'm not an artist.

I also think it would be funny if the CMC got their cutie marks in getting cutie marks, since that's all they ever try to do :D

I don't want to sound cynical or rude but I wish they would get their marks already.

ok let me rephrase that; I wish the CMC would receive their Cutie Marks with haste. :D the suspense is killing me. although it seems like ppl are forgetting that scoot taught the others to dance with ease, as you may recall, so perhaps scoot'll have a dancing or stunt cutie mark. :)

When the CMC grow up, they will get a spinoff show aimed at Preteens: all high school, romance and boys. Their nemesis will be there as well, Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara.

Canterlot High.

and no, Scoots will never fly. But she will be the team mascot, The Fighting Chicken.

(edited)

Your theories are interesting, but how were you able to get Apple Bloom as a carpenter? XD I do agree that Sweetie Belle's talent is singing/music. I hope in the show the CMC don't get their cutie marks because it will defeat the purpose of the CMC, and I won't get to see their awesome adventures to get their cutie marks. I also kinda want Scootaloo to still ride her scooter XD

Apple Bloom demonstrated her carpentry talent in one of the episodes, you don't remember? Also it makes sense that AB's talent is carpentry because her cutie mark runs in the family, she builds stuff, which is very in keeping with the farm theme of their family.

Scootz has also demonstrated her talent many times on the scooter, so it makes sense that she would have a scooter wheel as a cutie mark.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

I agree and love all of those pictures except for that one where AppleBloom is blindingly yellow.

I think when they grow up the CMC will eventually include Babs and Scootaloo will still be flightless, but able to give herself powerful boosts by using her wings. Sweetie Belle will probably become a singer, and AppleBloom might become an apple cultivator. Or maybe she'll start making hybrid apple seeds! :D

Hmm, Apple Bloom as a carpenter... I like it. I really like it. biggrin.png

And the first picture's the best; Apple Bloom looks better without the hat, less Applejack-y huh.png

I wonder if the CMC will patch things up with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon too. I mean if DT inherits her father's business, there should still be some kind of deal going on with the Apple family. I'm sure Applejack wouldn't have a problem with it, but I'm not so sure about Apple Bloom.

And Sweetie Belle. If she goes into singing, I wonder if she'll decide to move out and get her own space to use for singing/song writing and maybe even have Scootaloo as roommate.

I wonder if the CMC will patch things up with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon too. I mean if DT inherits her father's business, there should still be some kind of deal going on with the Apple family. I'm sure Applejack wouldn't have a problem with it, but I'm not so sure about Apple Bloom.

Ooh, I'd never actually thought of this as a possible outcome. The brunt of the bad blood between DT/SS and the CMC is in Diamond Tiara's perception, since she's the one who instigates all the shenanigans. I can see Diamond Tiara inheriting her father's business and mellowing out as she matures, and the group letting bygones be bygones.

I also like the idea of Apple Bloom becoming a carpenter and Sweetie Belle becoming a singer. What I've always seen Scootaloo doing personally is spearheading the Equestrian equivalent of the BMX, with less than capable wings she turns to her natural ability with her scooter and expands it into other stuff. Like imagine Scootaloo with Pinkie's flying machine. 

(edited)

When Sweetie Belle grows up she will give even her sister Rarity a real run for her money in beauty, I sported this little number for one of my avatars a while back.

adult_sweetie_belle_by_sweetchiomlp-d5bn

Other than that though it seems like they hinted at what their cutie marks might be especially in Show Stoppers. Sweetie Belle with most likely have something to do with music, Applebloom's will probably be an apple with a hammer and Scootaloo's will either be a scooter or might be similar to Rainbow Dash's if she learns to fly.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

When Sweetie Belle grows up she will give even her sister Rarity a real run for her money in beauty, I sported this little number for one of my avatars a while back.

img-1521564-1-adult_sweetie_belle_by_swe

Other than that though it seems like they hinted at what their cutie marks might be especially in Show Stoppers. Sweetie Belle with most likely have something to do with music, Applebloom's will probably be an apple with a hammer and Scootaloo's will either be a scooter or might be similar to Rainbow Dash's if she learns to fly.

I love that picture of sweetie belle!! It's so beautiful! Did you draw this yourself? If so, You're a great artist! I hope to see more Sweetie Belle in the future since she's my second favorite pony.

I love that picture of sweetie belle!! It's so beautiful! Did you draw this yourself? If so, You're a great artist! I hope to see more Sweetie Belle in the future since she's my second favorite pony.

She is tied with Rainbow Dash for my 2nd favorite pony and is my favorite filly, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle are tied with Pinkie Pie and Derpy for my 3rd favorite. I am glad you like it but I am not the one who drew it, this is the artist who drew it.

http://sweetchiomlp.deviantart.com/