Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books Any Huge Harry Potter Fans?

Eureka

I havent met many huge Harry Potter fans, so I was wondering if there are any. I'm OBBSESSED with Harry Potter XD. I have been to the exhibition in NYC the same day James and Oliver Phelps were there *eep*, but I didn't get to meet them because the line was too long. I am in love with George Weasley XD. So, are there any other people who share the same obsession?

I used to be a huge Harry Potter fan. I own all the books and movies. My favorite book is Half-Blood Prince, but the movie was terrible!!! They left out all the important details of the book and just added in a bunch of stupid unfunny crap that wasn't even in the book. I was so disappointed :/

• Brohoof 2

I'm nowhere near diehard, but I've read each book in the series at least twice and loved them all :D I totally agree, the Weasley twins are probably my favourite set of twins out of any fictional media. The Flim Flam brothers remind me of them a bit n.n

I'm planning to go to Warner Bros. Studio in London to see all the sets that they used. That'll be so awesome :)

I used to be a huge Harry Potter fan. I own all the books and movies. My favorite book is Half-Blood Prince, but the movie was terrible!!! They left out all the important details of the book and just added in a bunch of stupid unfunny crap that wasn't even in the book. I was so disappointed :/

I thought the film was wonderful, aside from the fact that they missed out Dumbledore's funeral. That did disappoint me :\ But the scene where they gather around his body was brilliantly directed. Nearly welled up :c

I thought the film was wonderful, aside from the fact that they missed out Dumbledore's funeral. That did disappoint me :\ But the scene where they gather around his body was brilliantly directed. Nearly welled up :c

Yes, but they screwed up the whole scene where Dumbledore died. It didn't happen in the movie the way it did in the book. The biggest problem with the movie was it left out all those memories that Harry was supposed to see, I mean that was basically the entire point of that book. Plus, they added in those really stupid things like when that one guy throws up on Snape, that wasn't even funny. And the scene with the waitress at the beginning, that was so stupid. 

• Brohoof 1

Yes, but they screwed up the whole scene where Dumbledore died. It didn't happen in the movie the way it did in the book. The biggest problem with the movie was it left out all those memories that Harry was supposed to see, I mean that was basically the entire point of that book. Plus, they added in those really stupid things like when that one guy throws up on Snape, that wasn't even funny. And the scene with the waitress at the beginning, that was so stupid. 

Films don't have to do exactly what's in the book. Either way it did happen how it did in the book - Malfoy explains his predicament without phasing Dumbledore, Snape takes over and leaves Dumbledore pleading for the first time ever... and Dumbledore falls from the tower. It was an excellent scene in itself nonetheless.

The guy who threw up on Snape was McLaggen. And we all dislike him - I liked watching him get a month's detention. :P

The waitress scene was off, though. I reckon they just wanted to say right at the beginning, "Oh by the way, viewers, Harry has fiery hormones now."

• Brohoof 1

I really agree. The book was really good, but they left out a lot of good parts. It disappointed me a lot. It was a bit boring. The movie definately wasn't my all-time favorite.

Films don't have to do exactly what's in the book. Either way it did happen how it did in the book - Malfoy explains his predicament without phasing Dumbledore, Snape takes over and leaves Dumbledore pleading for the first time ever... and Dumbledore falls from the tower. It was an excellent scene in itself nonetheless.

The guy who threw up on Snape was McLaggen. And we all dislike him - I liked watching him get a month's detention. :P

The waitress scene was off, though. I reckon they just wanted to say right at the beginning, "Oh by the way, viewers, Harry has fiery hormones now."

McLaggen annoyed me a lot. Most of the time I wanted him to shut up. I didn't understand the waitress scene... It was really off, like you said.

• Brohoof 1

No, actually, in the book, Harry was petrified on top of the tower and was powerless to do anything; he was also invisible so no one knew he was there except Dumbledore. In the movie, Harry is just standing there under the stairs watching, and it makes him look cowardly just standing there while Dumbledore is about to be murdered.

No, actually, in the book, Harry was petrified on top of the tower and was powerless to do anything; he was also invisible so no one knew he was there except Dumbledore. In the movie, Harry is just standing there under the stairs watching, and it makes him look cowardly just standing there while Dumbledore is about to be murdered.

Agreed. It was really off considering Harry Potter is this brave guy who when his god-father died, actually tried doing something. The movie was kinda off.

• Brohoof 1

Also, for some reason they decided to make Order of the Phoenix, the longest book of the series, into the shortest movie of the series. It felt so rushed and they left out like 75% of the book. Other than that, it wasn't bad. 

(Man, I love ranting about the HP movies lol)

Harry would have had no bearing. There were a group of Death Eaters up there; even if he had intervened and say, killed Snape, someone else would have killed Dumbledore (unknowing of the prior deal between Dumbledore and Snape) and then Harry would have a group of powerful wizards on his back. I imagine he was frozen with fear/shock regardless.

Snape encountered Harry under the stairs in the film - perhaps he was petrified at that moment?

Oh I forgot to mention another huge problem with the Half-Blood Prince movie. In the book, when the Death Eaters come into Hogwarts, there is a huge massive battle, but in the movie, they just walk right in and no one even notices. Like dafuq??? They would never be able to walk right into Hogwarts without the staff knowing about it, that's just silly.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, too! I've read all the books twice (I want to read them a third time) and I've seen the movies as well. My favorite movies are the fourth, fifth, and last ones. Oh yeah, and my favorite house is Ravenclaw XD

• Brohoof 2

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, too! I've read all the books twice (I want to read them a third time) and I've seen the movies as well. My favorite movies are the fourth, fifth, and last ones. Oh yeah, and my favorite house is Ravenclaw XD

Agreed, the last film was sensational! It's in my top ten for all-time favourite films; outstanding piece of cinema. Incredible wrap-up. (Ravenclaw is also my favourite house... just because I got Sorted into it when I took an online test)

Anyone a member of Pottermore?

The last movies were really good, especially Deathly Hallows pt.2, but I was disappointed that they didn't explain Dumbledore's backstory. They kept making references to it, but never actually explained any of it. 

I haven't seen The Deathly Hallows... SHAME ON YOU EUREKA.... My friend said it was amazing. I'll probably watch it at like, a sleepover or something. I hope to see it soon.

Does anyone have a favorite character? I personally really like the Weasley Twins (Georgie. Hehe.) and Luna Lovegood. Im also a fan of Bellatrix Lestrange. I mean, you can have a bad GUY, but that doesn't mean they are a bad character.

I haven't seen The Deathly Hallows... SHAME ON YOU EUREKA.... My friend said it was amazing. I'll probably watch it at like, a sleepover or something. I hope to see it soon.

What??????? :0

How can you be such a huge HP fan and you haven't seen Deathly Hallows???

Does anyone have a favorite character? I personally really like the Weasley Twins (Georgie. Hehe.) and Luna Lovegood. Im also a fan of Bellatrix Lestrange. I mean, you can have a bad GUY, but that doesn't mean they are a bad character.

Well, my favorite character is Harry Potter in the books.

In the movies, my favorite character is Hermione, because, well, she's cute >.>

• Brohoof 1

What??????? :0

How can you be such a huge HP fan and you haven't seen Deathly Hallows???

Well, my favorite character is Harry Potter in the books.

In the movies, my favorite character is Hermione, because, well, she's cute >.>

I know, I know, I'm a despicable Harry potter fan for not seeing the last movie, but oh well. The reason is my mom is ver protective. Even though, I'm not scared of stuff like that, the movies CAN be scary sometimes. Hermione is really cute XD. She makes me laugh, and I find her character can be interesting.

(edited)

Saying I love the Harry Potter series would be an understatement. Seriously, I literally own two copies of every book, all the movies, and a couple of Harry Potter cookbooks. My favorite in the series would either be The Philosopher's Stone, The Goblet of Fire, or The Half-Blood Prince. My favorite characters would be Hermione, Harry, Snape, Mad-Eye, McGonagall, and Luna Lovegood ( I love Luna Lovegood. She' so awesome and weird in a good way.)

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 2

Spoilers below

I think the absolute best scene in the entire Harry Potter series is in Deathly Hallows when Harry sees Snape's memories and sees the truth behind everything. It really makes you realize what an amazing character Snape actually is. I had a lot more respect for him after reading that book.

• Brohoof 2

Saying I love the Harry Potter series would be an understatement. Seriously, I literally two copies of every book, all the movies, and a couple of Harry Potter cookbooks. My favorite in the series would either be The Philosopher's Stone, The Goblet of Fire, or The Half-Blood Prince. My favorite characters would be Hermione, Harry, Snape, Mad-Eye, McGonagall, and Luna Lovegood ( I love Luna Lovegood. She' so awesome and weird in a good way.)

Haha. I have one copy of each of the books..... XD. I have ALOT of merchandise including a large Luna Lovegood poster. Snaaape! Lilly! He loved herr! In the Deathly Hallows, I found it very interesting to learn about Snape and Lily's past.

If you love Harry Potter, check out this Youtuber:

http://m.youtube.com/#/user/tessaROXX?&desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2FtessaROXX

• Brohoof 1

Haha. I have one copy of each of the books..... XD. I have ALOT of merchandise including a large Luna Lovegood poster. Snaaape! Lilly! He loved herr! In the Deathly Hallows, I found it very interesting to learn about Snape and Lily's past.

If you love Harry Potter, check out this Youtuber:

http://m.youtube.com/#/user/tessaROXX?&desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2FtessaROXX

I know! That scene was so sad! I wonder what it would have been like if Snape ending up marrying Lily and having Harry instead...

Agreed, the last film was sensational! It's in my top ten for all-time favourite films; outstanding piece of cinema. Incredible wrap-up. (Ravenclaw is also my favourite house... just because I got Sorted into it when I took an online test)

Anyone a member of Pottermore?

Yeah, I'm on Pottermore. I haven't been on there much lately; I usually just go there when new chapters are added. Anyway, I'm RainSpirit12519 if anyone wants to check out my profile there.

Of course! I'm not a super major fan, but I LOVED the series and I would definitely make an FC if I could XD

Also, it made me cry when Snape died in the newest movie. Am I the only one who cried?

• Brohoof 2

Of course! I'm not a super major fan, but I LOVED the series and I would definitely make an FC if I could XD

Also, it made me cry when Snape died in the newest movie. Am I the only one who cried?

You're not alone. It's kind of hard not to cry when one of the best and deepest characters in the whole series is killed brutally.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Honestly, I'm not really a huge fan of the series but I did however, enjoy the movies a lot

The effects, along with the storyline, made for a really enjoyable series as a whole

I haven't really read any of the books though :blush:

Edited by ~Wuvable Woona~
  • Brohoof 1