Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Black Jungle (Military RP)

Skullbuster

The year is 1970, in Vietnam, a helicopter flys over the jungle, inside it are 4 ponies on a recon mission to a remote part of the jungle, the squad was ordered to fly in, do recon looking for any enemy activity and get out, inside the helicopter it was loud, a radio was playing in the background

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

One of the ponies on this helicopter was a blue pegasus who was thinking of what would happen when he got down. What type of traps were hidden in the ground? Would they shoot down the chopper? Would they kill him in his sleep. He was highly disconcerted about the whole thing, and wished that it had never happened. However, he knew to well not to dwell on the past, because of last time he did that. Them he got focused, and held his pistol even tighter, knowing that it was the only defence he had.

Edited by stainesbrony

Striker was calm in the helicopter, a mask was on his face, no other pony in the  helicopter knew what he looked like, better for them they did not grow to attached to him. unlike the other ponies, Striker was trained in the hard to master skill of stealth, something he knew would be necessary in Vietnam, also unlike the other ponies, he carried knives, hundreds of different knives with different use's, he had a gun but he did not like using it, his favorite weapon though was definitely the two sickles he kept on him, the end of the handles had a rope tied through so killing was not the only use for them. Striker looked across the cabin of the copter and noticed a pony sitting across from him, he looked serious, but from the way he was holding his gun, Striker knew he was panicking inside. @@stainesbrony, "Hey!" Striker yelled to the other pony, "Don't worry so much, once we get down we are sticking together! till the end!" Striker couldn't help but laugh at the thought of what the end would be, if he did die, he knew someone would be waiting for him.

Sapphire put down her book, she was the only mare on this helicopter and she planed to show these colts that she could fight well.

She slid a clip into her gun, Put down her book, and looked up " Hey, Unless theres arrow traps, we should be fine!" Sapphire didnt expect there to be arrows, and that was all she was concerned about. She could deal with other ponys. She just hated arrows.

(edited)

White sat in the helicopter, across Sapphire, his boonie hat slid down a bit to shield his eyes from the sunlight. Unlike most ponies he had prepared his gear before getting into the helicopter, which allowed him to silently prepare for whatever was to come. To most it would seem sleeping on the job, for him, it was his way of mentally preparing. The calm before the storm if you like.

Edited by WhiteLightning

@@Ember_star,

Striker turned to the mare next to him, and saw she was reading a book, "So what are you reading there? survival hand book or something? I got one of those things once there completely useless, try following one of those things when your attacked by a bare! doesn't work out well!" Striker chuckled 

Sapphire sighed "Nope, its a book about the headless horseman. But i dont need it, iv read it over 100 times." Sapphire threw the book next to her "hey, Stop sleeping on the job! Weve got a war to win!" She looked at the pony across from her, and sighed. She picked out a new book from her backpack and started reading it

White's reaction was nothing more than lifting his hat a bit and giving her a stare. It had happened before, ponies assumed he had fallen asleep often. Yes, the drill sergeant said- or rather, ruptured your eardrums - to keep eyes and ears open anywhere, whether that be in a helicopter, on the ground, it didn't matter. But yet he always chose to use the moment of rest before hell broke loose to prepare in his own way.

"Oh...sorry" Sapphire looked back down at her book. She pulled out a pair of binoculars from her backpack. She looked through them out the window "Well, it looks like a heck of a lot of Forrest.... OH! Wait.... Never mind...theres nothing around here, or at least that i can see..."

@@WhiteLightning,

Striker looked at the pony who got shouted at, he had seen ponies meditate before battle before so this was nothing new to him, he smiled under his mask, a good group of ponies, he swore to himself he would try to protect all of them, but he knew that he would not be able to keep it.

@@Ember_star,

Striker looked at the pony when she said there was no forest, "Wait did you say no forest? any trees at all? or is it just open land?"

If there were no trees Striker would be at a great disadvantage, but there would be no enemies in such an open area. 

Sapphire chucked "Heh, i said that there is a LOT of trees, maybe you should take off the mask?" Sapphire smiled, she didnt want to join this war, but she had to. Her loved one had died here, so she wanted to avenge him. She put everything back in her backpack "We are going to land soon, i think...."

Golden Age sat silenty, making rhythmic beats on his M1 with one hoof and holding his M14 with the other. He looked out his window to be greeted by an endless sea of tree canopies. He finally spoke up "Does anypony have any idea how far away the LZ is? I can't wait to give a welcome to Charlie!" he said with a grin.

Sapphire smiled, but then looked grim "It shouldnt be that far." She looked through the binoculars "Juging by the paich of grass, were getting with in 1/8th of an hour, so we should be down very soon" Sapphire looked at the books next to her feet and looked sad. these were the books of her dad.

"Don't ever ask me to take of my mask..." Striker said to the pony next to him, looking across to the other pony Striker said, "I was put in charge of you lot, when we get on the ground you will follow me to the Lz, if anything happens on the way you will listen to my orders, you got that?" Striker said in his best captains voice 

Sapphire groaned "Come on, i knew that we were going to have a leader, but why does it have to be the guy with the mask! Eh, oh well" Sapphire grimiced. She hated being told what to do, she would have rather jumped off right now then be TOLD to jump off, even if it made her walk for a day or 2

White nodded, lifting his hat, snapping out of his mental preparation session.

"Yes sir."

He then proceeded to look out of the side of the helicopter, seeing, as he'd expected, an endless amount of trees.

"So, what's the intel say on our mission? Hope it doesn't consist of cleaning out spider holes again."

Sapphire looked around "Well, according to the news, were a crew sent out to look for any camps for the other army, this doesnt sound to hard...but who know? we might get to have some fun!" Sapphire was jumping to get the chance to show that girls could also fight well

@@Ember_star,

"I am not such a bad person, beside, i would rather not take off the mask.... for personal reason's..." Striker said looking down at the floor, a few minute's past before he raised his head again, looking around, he got up and turned to the pilot, asking him when he thought they would get to the drop off point, Turning around again  Striker yell to everyone, "The pilot say's that we should get there any minute now, he said that intel says the drop off point is suppost to be secure enough, but you know how those intel guys are!"

" Knowing them, this place well be run over, and blowen to heck" Sapphire looked at the colt with the mask "You got something wrong with you face?" Sapphire looked at her hoofs "S-sorry.... Its just that my dad was killed by someone in the same mask as you..." Sapphire looked back up

@@Ember_star,

"Oh! so sorry to hear it! i can take the mask off if you want, but what lays under it is probably more gruesome, i don't like showing it to others it tends to push other's away... i got it in a pervious war, some pony decided that shooting a propane tank was a smart idea!"

Sapphires eye twiched " Nah, its fine, but if you see me staring at you, its just that im remembering my dad" Sapphire looked out at the trees, they were lowering "My dad also died in a war, But.... He was on the side that you all would call the "Evil side"" Sapphires eyes closed. She sighed

As the helicopter continued on, the pilot called "LZ coming up in 5 minutes, get ready!" the helicopter was coming up to a clearing in the jungle, "go ahead and open the doors and get ready for when we land! one of you take the gunners window and check for hostiles!"

(edited)

Golden Age primed his weapon "Lock and load, guys!"  he placed his helmet on this head and waited. He stuffed his medic armband in his medical pouch and waited. "We should have MED-EVAC on standby but..y'know how LZ's can dissappear like a bunny in a magician's hat."

Edited by ~HistoricallyInaccurate~

@@Ember_star,

Striker laughed, "there is no such thing as the bad side, learn that now, it will help you in the future!" Striker then got up and walked to the door, opening it he allowed for the wind to enter the cabin, "Nothing like fresh air!" Suddenly a bullet hit the metal wall of the helicopter making a [racism 3] sound, "How to ruin a perfect day! Turning around he shouted, "Which one of you is the best shot here? get on the turret, the rest of you grab your gear and suit up, were going into hell, and there may be no coming back!"

The blue pegasus, who's name is now going to be reavealed as Rick, got to the gunners window, took off his sunglasses and tried looking for any guerrillas, or gorillas as he called them.

"Nah, no monkeys down here. I've heard that they are supposed to be like ninjas, so it's very hard to see any of them. Also, is that a...

OH DEAR CELESTIA!"

*bang! bang! bang!*

"Oi, the monkeys are firing at us, and there's only so many bullets you can fire at once with a minigun!"