Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art Cost of Living

Vexx3

So, I usually post all my non-pony art in a blog entry, but I felt this one was a special case.

This piece was done for my final project in Basic Design I.  I wanted to try to convey the feeling of going through financial hardships, so this was primarily inspired by my experiences over the last couple of years.

http://origin6.deviantart.com/art/Cost-of-Living-372053281

• Brohoof 6

So, I usually post all my non-pony art in a blog entry, but I felt this one was a special case.

This piece was done for my final project in Basic Design I.  I wanted to try to convey the feeling of going through financial hardships, so this was primarily inspired by my experiences over the last couple of years.

http://origin6.deviantart.com/art/Cost-of-Living-372053281

I really like it, the dark tones work well with the aged looking background. I may just log in to deviantart and favourite that one.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nicely done mate, I feel as though you nailed the exact theme you were going for. Your pic gives me the relation that when one is indeed under financial hardship that we do whatever we can to make some financial progress. We become so desperate that we sometimes do extreme things just to make that precious dollar to keep our lives going. At the end of the road though, with the stress and extremities such a situation can be on oneself, it can literally erode (or evolve) our souls to the point where we don't even recognize ourselves anymore.

This should be getting more attention than it has received Vexx, excellent job img-1478327-1-wink.png

Edited by Accellerant
  • Brohoof 1

Nicely done mate, I feel as though you nailed the exact theme you were going for. Your pic gives me the relation that when one is indeed under financial hardship that we do whatever we can to make some financial progress. We become so desperate that we sometimes do extreme things just to make that precious dollar to keep our lives going. At the end of the road though, with the stress and extremities such a situation can be on oneself, it can literally erode (or evolve) our souls to the point where we don't even recognize ourselves anymore.

This should be getting more attention than it has received Vexx, excellent job img-1478327-1-wink.png

Thank you, I really appreciate the comment!  It feels really good to know that it's projecting the thoughts and emotions I was aiming for and that people are able to relate.  ^^