Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone Got Catchphrases?

Golurk

I was just wondering, anyone here got anything they say a lot? To the point that it could be considered your "catchphrase"? 

I've got three main ones: When walking up to a group of people/ a single person, I'll loudly exclaim "Kid(s)!" Stems from the fact that I look older than most people I interact with, and my overall casual nature.

When departing, I'll say "Arrivederci, amico." Kind of as a fancy way to accentuate my departure.

And, when I have nothing to say, I'll just say "Meh." Kind of as a stand-in for something else I can't think of.

So, kids. You got anything you'd consider your catchphrase? 

Do you even {Insert What I'm doing}

Even if it's something like 'Do you even Science' It's not derogatory, it's just something I like to do.

They'll usually reply with 'Yes I do even {Insert What I'm doing}'

It's a catchphrase because I say it every day, no exceptions

My biggest catchphrase is whenever I win something, or force someone else into an unwinnable position I tend to say "Checkmate, B****!", just as a little term of victory....

My other one is I tend to speak spanish/Latin/Esperanto at random times... and when people call my name I respond with "Da, Comrade."

I have a friend from my old school who calls everyone and everything a "pure shambles" and me and my friends find it hilarious,

he also likes to call us " wee gimps" which we also find hilarious.

'Sense made was yesterday'. Why? I dunno. Ask yesterday. That's when sense was made. Not today. Today is the day after yesterday and before tomorrow. And two days after the day before yesterday. So, that's my catchphrase.

(edited)

Well one I've been using lately is. 

"Oh for the love of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph stalin"

As you can probably tell I try to be as offensive to as many people as possible all at once.
Mostly because I live by the motto of "If you can do it and a white person isn't offended by it you're not doing it right."

Edited by Yourmomsponies

(edited)

Occasionally things along the lines of "Science is my/your/the master."

When the subject of beverages comes up, "I drink only the blood of my enemies."

Recently, my generic insult (i.e. "go to hell") has been (slightly NSFW, I think?):

"Go blow a dead bear".

Also, I like to humorously emphasize verbs with over-the-top swear words, even if it isn't grammatically correct. As in: "I'm hella eating a taco" or "I am walking to the store as fuck." or "I'm coding like a crazy-ass bitch." Usually in a

voice.

I also like to sarcastically understate things. Hard to do on the internet, though :/

Edited by Evilshy

mine is ' way heaps' i say it alot and practically use it in every sentence when talking, I also say 'jail' instead of gell to annoy friends and I just use the first bit of peoples name when i talk to people like for example: lorenzo= lor, Gaberial= gabe, amy= ams

I say the word "I guess" a lot after every sentence that I'm not 100% sure about. Not sure if that counts as a catchphrase. I've only started to notice it and am now trying to stop myself from saying it too many times. 

I usually end up saying "It'll be fine" a lot being the optimist I am. Even when it's really obvious that it won't actually be "fine" I still say it anyway just to reassure myself.

I've also recently been saying "avante!" a fair bit.

(edited)

I used to say "don't worry about it" quite a bit in my freshman and sophomore years in highschool, not so much anymore.

I often use "definitely maybe" when a simple "maybe" will do. It happens more so when I'm considering whether I personally would do something.

My last one is "Oh, you bastard". Said in the best way possible, usually when I've lost a close match against someone in a game or see a delicious devious act by a character in a story.

Edited by MuteMutt

- "It's because I'm Serbian, isn't it?" Whenever I'm in trouble.

- "Is that a threat or are you sweetening the deal?" At times where it just seems perfect.

- If a girl is really being mean, ( I run into this a LOT!) I ask her: "What did you have for breakfast, Bitch Toast Crunch?"

-"I'm not white, I'm just a cinnamon pop tart!"

I don't really have a 'catchphrase' or anything. 

I call my brother a faggot a lot though, and he calls me a whore. 

I guess I say 'like' a lot.

for example if I said it like how I would actually kinda like say it in real life. 

As for phrases, I don't really say any.

oh wait, I say 'Haha! no' a lot.

I have a few actually, when I'm bored I say wweh and when I'm going to say no I usually say nyeh 

Also when I become angry or feel the need to curse I say 'Kringlefuck' for some odd reason  

I first started using "indeedy do" when I used to work at mcdonalds in response to being asked to do something and I still use that phrase quite a bit.

I also have a few shakespeare insults I can whip out at a moment's notice, but I hardly consider them catch phrases... I guess my ocassional sarcastic quip of "Oh frabjous day, callooh callay..." could count as a catch phrase as well, but it didn't originate with me.

Oh, a number of them. These can be and are not limited to:

-What is this I don't even

-Wat?

-Fantastic

-Fancy Feast (I have no clue why.)

-Meep

-I can't even

-Y U DO!?

I like to say "Lay off the jukebox.".  It means relax.

I also like to say "eight different kinds" to exaggerate something.  Like, I'm eight different kinds of hungry/tired/awesome.

I tend to say "Nice clouds... fluffy" when a conversation has gotten awkward. It's from A:TLA. 

I like to say that "X is a firm supporter of SCIENCE" because I have a friend who argues with me about magic all the time. According to them, magic opposes science, so I've decided to make that my theme. I think I'm more amused by the debate than annoyed.

"At least it's better than my jokes" in reference to any sort of terrible humor. I love puns.

"Hey, where's your stuff?" because I am a skilled pickpocket and enjoy the reaction when somebody realizes I've robbed them blind. Hey, pickpocketing increases your awareness of your surroundings!

(edited)

"Orale..."

I only use this one when in disapproval, or when I see my friends doing or saying something that makes my brain numb. What it means is contextual, and might not even fit with my use, but it sounds like I'm actually saying "sigh" out loud to me.

When playing online and I end up doing something pretty sweet (scoring a multikill, etc.), I tend to say "Oooo, eat a d**k!"

Edited by Gears of Halo Duty V

A long time ago I listened to a sort-of satirical retelling of one of the Harry Potter books, and at one point Luna Lovegood says something that makes Harry and Neville so uncomfortable, that Neville's toad commented on it. The narrator said (in an amazing stuffy British accent), "Awkward, croaked Trevor". I occasionally say this during weird situations. Doesn't really help, because I'm the only one who gets the joke :blush:

I also have a tendency to say "It's all good", due to having a tennis partner a while back who got really down on himself when he made mistakes, and that was what I would say to (poorly) reassure him. I guess it caught on somehow.

• Brohoof 1

I use the fake slang from that Chapelle's Show skit:

Also, when about to do something awesome/stupid, I use Prince Whateverer's line:

• Brohoof 1