Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite country?

Sweet Dreams

I was just wondering what your favourite countries are! (And why) Maybe what places you'd like to visit as well?

Mine would be Australia, but I've never left the country anyway, so obviously. But I'd love to visit France or England. :)

How about you?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I love my home country of Canada, but I aspire to leave and live in Japan. I've always been interested in their history, and their culture, and being able to see it, and be a part of it would be every enlightening for me. But I could also educate others about what it is like in Canada, and what our customs/culture is like. So it's a give and take kind of deal in a sense.

Edited by Hayze
  • Brohoof 3

I love many different countries and learning about them, but my top two favorites are Japan and Finland. Both countries have a very interesting history and they have, from what I can tell, great people and great culture, something that America just doesn't seem to have, in terms of culture at least. Plus, both languages are great, Finnish especially. Both Finland and Japan have tons of great musical talent as well, which America apparently doesn't care about anymore. 

I really like Canada as well, for some reason. :P

Canada. Canada easy. What happens in canada? Can you tell me the most recent event? (If you don't live in canada.) You can't! Nothing happens there (That is my honest, ignorant, opinion) And that's why it's awesome! Canada by far.

Hands down Canada. It's the place I've lived in for many years. Indonesia is also up there because I'm born there. I love it when both countries do well in anything. 

For places to visit... Any country in Europe is definitely up there. USA's not really up there. I dunno why. It's just not as nice a country to visit as others I feel. By the way, I have visited the US before.

America! America!

May God gold thy refine!

God I love you America. You're beautiful. You're amazing. You're home. I love you America.

Sure you have your flaws, but what country doesn't. Your people, though diverse, are great. They stand together in a time of crisis. They unify and they renew their love for you. Other people in other countries look at you as opportunity, because that's what you are, a land of opportunity. I'm glad you are my home America. I'm glad that I am yours. I'm glad that I feel safe living here in the land of freedom. You are unique. Other countries have adopted your idea of democracy. Other countries are following your image.

It saddens me though that people don't appreciate you as much anymore. But I do. May you live for eternity. America.

• Brohoof 1

I'm one of those rare internet people who wholly loves America. Truly is a nice place to live, and honestly its flaws make it exciting. Outside of my native country, Australia sounds friggin' awesome. And it's got that Reef!

• Brohoof 1

From what I've seen, heard, and read about it, Japan seems like it would be a country I'd love.

I really want to visit there one day. I'm learning Japanese so I won't have to be dependent on Romanji.

• Brohoof 1

There's just so many I love. Australia because I've lived here my whole life (though there isn't much to do here in Sydney). Also love Ireland. Had many Irish friends and have been there and had the most amazing time. Great people, great country.  Also like Canada and the USA and had a blast during my time there.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Australia! that carefree country, where you might get jumped around every corner! jokes! 

Australia has beautiful places both urban and rural. Urban places are most beautiful in Melbourne

Rural are most epic ANYWHERE! A long road trip into the country aint boring! you see all sorts of things!

like road kill, epic mountains, and if your in the south west corner of Victoria... best scenic route ever! 

Edited by SwigglySwiggly
  • Brohoof 2

From what I've seen, heard, and read about it, Japan seems like it would be a country I'd love.

I really want to visit there one day. I'm learning Japanese so I won't have to be dependent on Romanji.

My advise would to not get attached to Romanji, or to not use it in your studies. Hiragana, katakana, and Kanji are the 3 ways Japanese is read and written. It is easier to learn when focusing on one of them, rather than Romanji. (which they don't use like at all unless on computers)

• Brohoof 1

I live the U.S. and depending where you live it is really a nice place. I have been to Canada though and I must say that they are some of the nicest people you will meet (at least the ones I met). The two countries that I want to visit whenever I get a chance would be Austrailia and the U.K. both places are rich with history and look beautiful.

Canada and England. Sure, I live in America and I'm proud to be an American but I can like other countries. But, top four countries that I would want to visit are:

1. Canada

2. England

3. Australia

4. France

I would visit them when I graduate from high school and college. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My advise would to not get attached to Romanji, or to not use it in your studies. Hiragana, katakana, and Kanji are the 3 ways Japanese is read and written. It is easier to learn when focusing on one of them, rather than Romanji. (which they don't use like at all unless on computers)

Yeah, I know. I got all the Hiragana and Katakana characters memorized, and I'm slowly, but surely, learning Kanji. I personally don't see the point of Romanji. I think the reason I like Japan so much is because of Japanese. To me it just seems like such a cool language.

I also want to go to Spain one day. Or pretty much all the main European countries.

Edited by Betez

The United States of America. lol. 

There's no place like home, I can't picture myself moving anywhere else in the world. I'd like to remain in California.

• Brohoof 2

I absolutely love the United States. I honestly would not want to live anywhere else. I just like it here, despite all its problems and how inferior it is to countries like Finland.

As above, another one of my favorites is Finland...it seems like a great place to live. And Norway. And Sweden. And Iceland. I love Scandinavia :3

Turkey is one of my more favorite countries historically, but I wouldn't live there; it's too hot and the government there is not the best :L

I also like Ireland. It's a beautiful country with really friendly people ^^

БОЖЕ ПРАВДЕ; ТИ ШТО СПАСЕ ОД ПРОПАСТИ ДО САД НАААААААААС

Serbia forever baby. Sure it may have its flaws, but it's my motherland. 

I also like Russia (bros!) and the Scandinavian countries (N0R5K1)

• Brohoof 3

БОЖЕ ПРАВДЕ; ТИ ШТО СПАСЕ ОД ПРОПАСТИ ДО САД НАААААААААС

Serbia forever baby. Sure it may have its flaws, but it's my motherland. 

I also like Russia (bros!) and the Scandinavian countries (N0R5K1)

SERBIA STRONG

REMOVE KEBAB

What's it like living in Serbia? Kind of an unstable place! Or is that just my Americanized view of Serbia?

• Brohoof 1

My home country of Ireland I love the countryside and scenery. After Ireland it would be Spain and then probably America there are still many places I want to visit :)

@@Fizz.

>unstable

lololololol lay off the rakija yo

Serbia is all about the friendly people, the culture and stuff. We have the oldest monasteries and stuff. It's just a carefree country. No stress at all. 

By unstable, you are probably taking about the extremists stinking up the south.

• Brohoof 2

Canada, hands down. Yes I'm slightly biased, born and lived here all my life. Canadian Rocky Mountain range is one of the most beautiful places in the world, and I had the privilege of living there for a couple years too. I've always wanted to visit Australia though.

(edited)

My home country of Australia is actually pretty cool, especially Vic. I love all the flora and fauna that I can see just by walking down the street.

But then again, Russia is pretty amazing, they have an abundance of historical sites and I would love to check out their meteor sites

Edited by Fallen Spark

The only countries I have been to are America and the Philippines. I haven't really researched about other countries and stuff like that, so I'm unsure. I guess America is my favorite for now unless if I learn about another nation in which I like what they have to offer.