Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite country?

Sweet Dreams

Well if you don't think that's a culture, than what do you think is Amareica's culture? You can't just say that we don't have a culture. 

But it’s true. I am not arguing for the sake of being disagreeable. There are sub-cultures like Polish-American and Mongolian-American and others. That's why Americans have such labels. There is no such thing as cultural ideals with the United States as a whole nation. The point of the US is that everypony is divided up but as long as they are kept under the same laws that founded the state then it doesn't matter. It's not like other nations that actually have a culture that exists to suit that ponies. It doesn't work like that in the US. Personally, I would have liked to have been born in Japan or Italy. A nation with cultural ideals of their own.

I would love to visit Japan,  Australia would be my second stop. The Nordic states would be fun to go to. 

I'll go visit Europe and enjoy the sights. If only if I had the money though.

But it’s true. I am not arguing for the sake of being disagreeable. There are sub-cultures like Polish-American and Mongolian-American and others. That's why Americans have such labels. There is no such thing as cultural ideals with the United States as a whole nation. The point of the US is that everypony is divided up but as long as they are kept under the same laws that founded the state then it doesn't matter. It's not like other nations that actually have a culture that exists to suit that ponies. It doesn't work like that in the US. Personally, I would have liked to have been born in Japan or Italy. A nation with cultural ideals of their own.

Divided up? We're supposed to be united. How don't we have a culture? What about celebrating Thanksgiving by having a Thanksgiving dinner with your family? That's a universally American thing. And if we don't have a culture, what about other nations who were under colonial rule, like Canada or Australia? Do they also lack a culture?

• Brohoof 2

I would absolutely love to visit a nightclub in France. A lot of my favorite musicians and DJ's are from there (*coughdaftpunkcough*).

England sounds nice as well. Ooh, and Finland too!

By the way, 'murica #1.

Divided up? We're supposed to be united. How don't we have a culture? What about celebrating Thanksgiving by having a Thanksgiving dinner with your family? That's a universally American thing. And if we don't have a culture, what about other nations who were under colonial rule, like Canada or Australia? Do they also lack a culture?

Americans are united under law. Not by any other means. The point is that to be American is to live free enough to accept and tolerate the differences of others. I would have to say that one measly holiday isn't enough to establish that the US has even the rudimentary form of a culture of its own. Canada and Australia to a lesser extent are the same. Nations build without culture are void of it. Their populations take cultures from outside and take them in as they wish. It leads to a population that is very much divided unlike more uniform nations. The US simply couldn't exist as it does now if it had tried to create its own lasting culture a long time ago. I would feel bad if you felt upset but people should know this truth. It even creates a population of monotone citizens. Nations with cultures would produce unique accents. Since there is none in the US, it reinforces this as truth.

(edited)

Americans are united under law. Not by any other means. The point is that to be American is to live free enough to accept and tolerate the differences of others. I would have to say that one measly holiday isn't enough to establish that the US has even the rudimentary form of a culture of its own. Canada and Australia to a lesser extent are the same. Nations build without culture are void of it. Their populations take cultures from outside and take them in as they wish. It leads to a population that is very much divided unlike more uniform nations. The US simply couldn't exist as it does now if it had tried to create its own lasting culture a long time ago. I would feel bad if you felt upset but people should know this truth. It even creates a population of monotone citizens. Nations with cultures would produce unique accents. Since there is none in the US, it reinforces this as truth.

The United States exists because of colonists who were sick of the British and wanted independence. Thus, The Declaration of Independence was written and sent to King George. And there was a really bloody war and we won, with the help of the French. And so lots of people came from different parts of Europe to escape religious persecution. I can go on forever but I'll make it short. We've always been a melting a pot. That's our thing, it's the American way. Every country in the world has a culture, some may be similar due to influences but they still all have cultures. America has a culture, Canada has a culture, Australia has a culture, etc.

Edited by France
  • Brohoof 2

I love my native country of Italy very much. It's quite sad that its politics and economy are as messed up as they are, but the lifestyle there is amazing, not to mention the scenery and the sights. Rome is especially beautiful. I also really liked living in France, tho I wish I could've seen more of it. One place I'm also strongly considering moving to is Australia, mainly because it's (almost) always really warm over there and all the people I met who come from there are amazing. I'd also like to visit Japan but living there is something I would never do.

I love America. I was born here, and I love the culture. However, I do NOT approve of what my government is doing. It's done and is doing some really effed up stuff. America(United States of America) isn't my favorite country though. 

My favorite country would be Japan. They have such a long, rich history...and anime, music, and food! We learned about Japanese/Chinese history in school last year and Japan was SOOO Much more interesting than China history-wise (my opinion). The language sounds beautiful, their scenery is amazing. Yes, Japan has it's moments in history it's not proud of, but who doesn't? I'd love to visit Japan one day. Due to the fact that Japan is SO close to China and North Korea is frightening. I want to visit Japan before SHTF. Also their economy and radioactive 

The United States of America is the greatest country in the world, hmmmkay. Seriously, I like living here. (BTW, ignore my userpic and username that's all none sense.)

img-1615635-1-America-hetalia-19458292-7

lol 'murican phaggot gtfo

I love my native country of Italy very much. It's quite sad that its politics and economy are as messed up as they are, but the lifestyle there is amazing, not to mention the scenery and the sightser do.

So much this. I went to Torino with my brother once to see Juventus play against Milan. The scenery and lifestyle is not something I'll forget and the overall experience was amazing. If it wasn't for the economy as you mentioned, I'd love to move there someday.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Texas seems like a nice place, except your governor is a bit, ya know...  

That AND also climate extremes, if you haven't lived there yourself. The summers get to be 100-110 degrees, with a heat index even higher because of high relative humidity.

Yes, our governor is wacko. 

I do agree with your earlier statement, somewhat. It is unbeatable economically, one of the only superpowers today. However, I don't like the fact that if I wanted to move into, say, South Carolina with my future husband (Luckily for me, I dont wanna live there, but if I did) I would face serious discrimination, and not be legally married, or even in a civil union because in states like South Carolina. Its banned. Also, this applies to all but 16 states. (in a way, actually only the 13 that have legalized full marriage benefits, because in those states most privileges are banned under state constitution) I know I am replying to a (straight biromantic occasional asexual) but it does apply to Texas, where unions and marriage are both banned under the state constitution. Also, in Texas, you find a lot of idiotic republican bigots that think that they need to secede just because Obama [frankly, I thnk, one of the best presidents to grace the white house] was elected a second term. (I know they ARE idiots)

But to the point, Texas just sounds appealing but is definitely not. The US I understand, in fact that would be my second favorite country to live in right now. (first being Canada)

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle

The country of "internet".

I know it's not technically a country but it does seem to play by it's own rules in pretty much every aspect. Every site makes it's own politics, every fandom has it's own culture and there are things that are extremely common amongst it's people that, for all intents and purposes, make people on the internet more unified than most households ever are. Some of us find our best friends and life mates on the internet. Some of us contribute, usually for free, to this nation of people.

The internet is my favorite country.

• Brohoof 1

The country of "internet".

I know it's not technically a country but it does seem to play by it's own rules in pretty much every aspect. Every site makes it's own politics, every fandom has it's own culture and there are things that are extremely common amongst it's ponies that, for all intents and purposes, make ponies on the internet more unified than most households ever are. Some of us find our best friends and life mates on the internet. Some of us contribute, usually for free, to this nation of ponies.

The internet is my favorite country.

For all intents and purposes, they are similar, being that the two are equally random in design. Being both artificial, they can find similar purposes with its inhabitants.

• Brohoof 1

Canada - My own homeland that I love, there is no place like home. I've never been outside of the province Ontario, but it'd be neat to see the world. I've lived by Lake Simcoe since I was 5, have been as far up as the Ottawa River to ride on the white water rapids (Greyhound Bus Eater was beastly), and have been as far down as Niagara Falls, to enjoy the view as well as ride a jet boat through some rapids more down river.

The Netherlands - (big history alert) Canada and the Netherlands share a special relationship which my great uncle was a part of it's forging. My great uncle was a corporal in the Toronto Scottish regiment, and he was in the Battle of Britain in 1940 as his regiment was the King's Guard at the time. He came out of it with a Air Defence medal, but would keep fighting with the 2nd Canadian Division from Dieppe to the Invasion of Normandy to the Battle of the Sheldt. After bloody fighting in the Battles for the Rhine in 1945, the 2nd Canadian Division went north to liberate the Netherlands. April 05, 1945, my great uncle at 25 years of age was killed in action on Dutch soil. But from April 14th to 18th Arnhem was liberated and the 2nd Canadian Division was victorious in the Battle of Groningen taking over 5,000 prisoners. Then May 7th German forces surrendered in North-West Europe. Because of the rapid deployment of food to the Dutch people even when the land was still occupied by the enemy the Canadians were not just seen as liberators but as saviours. Following the liberation came the joyous "Canadian Summer" and deep and long-lasting bonds of friendship were forged between the Netherlands and Canada. As a gift the Dutch people and the Dutch royal family send thousands of tulips to Canada yearly to this day, which later resulted in the Canadian Tulip Festival and is the largest in the world with over 1 million tulips to show. One year, when I was a teen, my Dad received a message from a grateful Dutch family and it contained pictures of my great uncle's resting place today in Holten Cemetery with flowers and a little Canadian flag and some night pictures where all the graves had candles to light them up in the dark. I have loved the Netherlands since.

Now that the long history story is over (I have a soft spot for history)...

I also have a fondness for Ireland, Scotland, and England, as I am part Irish, Scottish and English by ancestry.

Also have a fondness for the U.S of A, Germany and Finland.

• Brohoof 1

I REALLY want to visit, *takes a deep breath* France, Italy, Switzerland, Russia, England, Brazil, Austria, Puerto Rico, Guatemala, etc. Seriously I made my OC an adventurer who has traveled all over Equestria just because I wish I could do the same. I am from El Salvador and this is the first time I've visited my country since I was 3. I've only been in America and in 2 states California and Texas. I've only gone on vacation in those two states, nowhere else, and I went to Mexico on the way to El Salvador, so yeah I haven't traveled much, but I wish I could. Seriously my school offered group trips to France and Italy but they are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!! I fear I will never see the Swiss Alps, Vienna, The Eiffel Tower, and Venice before I die. sad.png

• 1 year later...

'Murica because it's my native country. Yeah the country may make some silly mistakes, but overall it's a great country to live in! A foreign country I would like to visit is Sweden. I want to go there because the culture is cool, has an interesting history, and it's my heritage. So hopefully I'll have the chance to visit the beautiful country someday. I also might make a trip to the other Scandinavian countries as well (Finland, Norway, Denmark). :D

Russia. It's a cold, sad place, but at least it has a lovely Slavic heritage, influenced by Byzantine Greek culture (although some Soviet aesthetics would be fine too). The poverty appearance in towns and villages, contrasting against the sleekness in richer places like Moscow, would be a wonderful sight.

There's also the antics from the Russian people themselves (as shown in "We Love Russia" on Youtube), and the beautiful older Russian alphabets (although they are Bulgarian).

• Brohoof 1

Norway, Switzerland or New Zealand would be tied for my top 3. If you really had to push me to pick one, I'd go with Switzerland, but it'd be a difficult choice. All three countries are nearly perfect, with Switzerland perhaps pushing the boundary and being the most perfect place on earth for multiple reasons.

Other awesome countries: Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Australia, Austria, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Croatia, Thailand, Japan.

Edited by ponypowa96

(edited)

Ahhh. Japan. Home of Anime, Games, and all kinds of crazy stuff that makes no sense.

I'd have to say Japan above all because of all the neat stuff they make over there. Also, the culture is pretty interesting too! :grin2:

Plus, some of their food is to die for!  :rarity:

Edited by The Crimson Cross

France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. France. 

Oh boy how I want to move to France one day. I love the culture and especially the language.

If not France, then Japan or The Netherlands would be my other picks.