Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Best Friend

Most friends I met become among my best friends. I'm an introvert, so any friendship I have becomes something special if I work on it. Take a guy friend I have named John. We first met at a commuter lounge. Ever since, we've been great friends, talking about sports, life, and even how we got turned down by our crushes at one point. I also have connection with many of my other guy friends.

For girls, that's different. I've only found one girl I feel is very close to me, and that's my crush. She's shy, modest, and reserved. She listens to everything I say, and we both feel a great sense of comfort and love from each other in our interactions. Maybe someday she'll see me as a boyfriend, but for now, she's not ready yet. It's completely alright, especially since there's many other fish in the sea. Plus, like I say, she's like a best friend to me.

I've known my best friend since Elementary School. Sadly, I don't see him anymore since he and I went to different high schools so I barely see him anymore. I miss my best friend so much, but he is still in my memory. :)

• Brohoof 1

I've know my best friend since I was in 5th grade, and I still consider him my best friend, we've known eachother for about 13 years now. He robbed Burger King once XD, seriously, not joking, look up "North bend burger king robbery".

I've know my best friend for....year and a half, two years now? Seems like a life time. 

I can trust her with anything and she helped turn my life around. 

I love her with all my heart, and she made me a very lucky man. 

• Brohoof 1

May seem a bit silly to say, but I like everyone's honesty in expressing themselves the way they are.

Me, I honestly can't say that I have a best friend...or maybe 'friends' for that matter: I have acquaintances, people I talk to on the internet, but friends? That's a tough one, in all honesty. I think those are actually hard to come by.

It's something, of course, I'm trying to turn around with the general attitude I'm having toward life lately in trying to reinvent myself. Friends has been something as alien for me as it was for Twilight, but I am trying to better myself and I hope, the next time I see a topic like this, I can readily answer without a pinch of hesitation. :).

I have two who I've known since middle school. The unfortunate thing is that I'm studying abroad and am separated from them for most of the year. We're actually planning to build a house to support two families as part of an experiment to cut the costs of living for everyone by sharing spaces and stuff. We're currently working on the various aspects such as the logistics and other practices be they technical or social to ensure we avoid as well as be able to deal with conflict.

(edited)

I don't truly have a best friend, sadly. At the end of the day I am alone. There have only been a couple people that were ever even close to being my best friend, but even then the feelings weren't reciprocated, I think. I have had a rather sad and lonely childhood. 

Edited by Dark Moon

(edited)

I first met my all-time best friend, nicknamed Slip, when I was in 7th or 8th grade...so yeah, known him for over a decade now. Hella surreal. We really started hanging out when I was a freshman in high school, at which point he more or less "usurped" my former best friend, who had grown into too much of a pious goody two-shoes for my tastes (still love the guy though, he's my longest-standing friend at 18 years). Despite the fact that Slip was 2 years younger than us, not to mention home-schooled, the three of us were inseparable throughout my high school years; we'd constantly have sleepovers where we'd play video games, do impromptu role plays and other nerdy crap. Best times of my life, to be sure.

Even after graduating high school, we remained very close friends and had many great adventures together, one of the most recent ones involving some urban exploration in an abandoned barn just outside of town...and running off whilst shitting bricks the moment we heard something stir within the barn. We frequently spent our summers jamming out on our instruments, forming the basis of what is now our band, of which he is still a member. Guy's got some serious shred guitar chops...

Being my best friend (or my "not-in-a-gay-way soul mate", as he describes it - so bromantic!), I would trust him with my very life...and yet, at the same time, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could kick him. If that makes any sense. That's just the duality of true best-friendship; I'll trust him with my deepest, darkest secrets, but I'm cautious not to fall asleep around him for fear of waking up with a penis Sharpie'd across my face. img-1487899-1-dry.png

Edited by Lowline

How long have you known your best friend?

I've known him since I was 1 year old. (In 1998)

Do you feel like you can trust your best friend with anything?

Absolutely, 100%. At times we've fought over things, but I guess everyone has fought with their friends at one point in their life.

Do you love your best friend? 

Yes. He's absolutely great to be around. :P

Do you consider your best friend your girlfriend/boyfriend or a friend that you're close with? 

At one point we were pretty close, but that was years ago.

Do you have a bromance/girlmance with your best friend?

Nope.

(edited)

It will be interesting to tell my tale, if I'm not such a nomad who change from one best friend to another.

I move from one place to another, and one school to another. From one place, I always have some best friends, same with school. Well, my elementary era is an exception. That's a saga I would like to keep a secret.

When I was a boy I had three. One went to another country pretty soon after we became best friends. The other two remained with me for a pretty long time. They were like brothers to me. They always called me "Big brother." That's until my family was broken apart and we had to move to another city. One went to another island, while the another one also had his family broken apart as well. Lost contact, but I still have the facebook account of that one lad who moved to another island.

When I was in junior high I had... one, two... about seven or nine guys (all of them were guys) who always went around with me. We played game together, insulted people online together (yes, I was young that time), and skipped away from extra lessons to the nearest game center, together. We had a great time, but we lost contact after we went to the senior high.

Then, senior high. That's this era. I have some best friends. We're like the Mane Six. Each with his own unique personalities and skills. I'm the insane programmer one. I've known them just for about three years, but we're pretty close.

About bromance, nope. We don't even touch each other often, but that doesn't mean that we're not close. Things like money, computer, Internet security hole secret, etc are... like... it's all ours. All of us. We share them together. When one needs, the other give.

Edited by Sky Warden

I've known my best friend, a dude by the name of Nathan, since 2nd grade, so approximately ten or so years aka half my full life, and about 9/10ths of my life I have memory of XD He's very laid-back and friendly. His time management is non-existent and it sends me into fits of non-serious rage quite frequently, but I bromance love him anyway.

(edited)

My best friend is awesome. He is very receptive to new things even though he might like his own ways more. Only two days ago I ad converted him to a brony, which makes him 20% cooler. Now whenever we are talking between classes, we throw in MLP insde jokes and everyone else around us is completely confused XD It makes me happy he is a brony now smile.png

With my babbling I forgot to say how long I've known him, Derp. I've known him since second grade and are now in eighth.

Edited by broniesunite

My best friend is my fiance. We've been together for three years now and we're expecting our first child together. He has a daughter from a previous relationship and I help take care of her as well. I trust my fiance and can count on him to do anything and be there for me. We have had arguments and have been through rough times, but we've always managed to work things out. Before I met my fiancee, I never knew I could love someone so much. 

I have also gotten in contact with another close friend of mine recently. I have known her since the second half of grade seven and have been through a lot with her as well. We've had disagreements in the past, but everything's worked out. She's been very supportive of my pregnancy and we've gotten in touch and have started spending more time together. Before my baby son comes, we're planning on getting together for a double date with our fiancees. 

• Brohoof 1

To tell you the truth I dont have any best friends. I try to but it doesn't work out. I think its because I think in many diffrent ways and they only think in their own way.

I don't have a best friend, I just have a couple of friends. Whenever I have a best friend they just end up betraying and alienating me. That's why don't have one.

• Brohoof 1

My best friend and I've known each other since I believe 1st grade. He used to make fun of me for somethings I didn't do lack of social skills, and daily things I should be doing. For example i wouldn't cut my nails they would grow to be large. And well he and my other friends would make fun of me. Kid shit. Now though we are BRO's. He drove 2 hours to my college to go to a party and get Drunk with my friends and I.

Hits me hard in the feels.

6kCVpXH.gif

tumblr_m626sfOokf1r16map.gif

I have known my best friend since first grade and have developed some romantic feelings for him however he has stated that  he does not share those feelings ad we have not spoken of it since and he is the person who actually got me to join the herd he actually became my best friend in third grade after I punched my former best friend  and we have been best friends ever since

Oh em GEE! not to mention  my BBBFF!!!!!!!!

seriously. Phillip. Where would I be without him. He's taught me everything.

We've gone cave spelunking together, got lost in some woods, he showed me slenderman, we play halo together and make a great team, we love the same kind of music, he's refined my taste in video gaming and books, and pretty much everything else you can imagine.

I'd probably still be a sniveling crybaby without him.

I love all of my friends platonically, so I am not romantically interested in any of them. But, out of my real life friends, there is only one of them who I can go to about deeply personal matters. 

Me and my best friend have known each other for 5 years now and even though he has moved across the country we still talk almost everyday. Since we play WoW together all of our other friends joke that we have a bromance going on and that he acts like my older brother. And all of its totally true, we can count on each other for pretty much everything and we always take a week or two out of the year to hang out and have fun.

I used to have a best friend, and even named my daughters *middle* name after her.. and then she got married to a guy in the military and started acting all high-and-mighty, like she was queen of the world because her husband served in Afganistan and she had more money than me. She also started talking major crap behind everyone's back and I eventually realized she was probably taking crap behind my back too.

I do, however consider my boyfriend to be my best friend, as it should be, because I can talk to him about anything, be weird around him, exc. But it's not the same as having a best girl friend....

Lonely.

I was madly in love with my best friend for many years. She's been here for me longer than anyone ever. I got mother zoned, though

Yeah, my best friend calls me her mother.

(edited)

I have quite a few friends at school and outside school, but one of them from school, we have the EXACT same interests, (same games, same music, same humor), We are like copies, the only thing is that I'm a brony and he is not. When I told him I'm a brony he didn't care at ALL, The chat went like:

"Tames: Tommy, I have a secret,

Tommy: What is it?

Tames: I'm a brony tongue.png

Tommy: Cool.

Tommy: So.. Who's your favorite pony??? The orange one???

(This is the part where my selfconfidence suddenly skyrocketed, and I was happy the rest of the month)

Tames: Actually the blue one :P"

I know he is not a brony even though he knows about the show.

Since then I knew 100% for sure that he is a very open and accepting friend, someday I'll turn him into a brony ph34r.png

Edited by TamesB