Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Best Friend

I've known my best friend for almost 13 years now. She was the very first friend I made when I moved down here, as my dad briefly rented out her family's basement before we found a proper place. We were sad when I was moving out, thinking we would never see each other again, but then not only did we end up in the same elementary school, but in the very same class as well! And then the same thing happened in middle school, meaning we were in the same class for 10 full years in a row.

She's been a big help for me, and I'm very thankful for her. I've had speaking problems for most of my life, and I've never been very good at socializing, so she's helped me out a lot. She's been by my side so I wouldn't be alone, she's been my partner on many projects and when we had a presentation, she would do the speaking and I got to just help out with all the other stuff. But most importantly she would always step up and speak for me when I was too scared to in class.

I'm so grateful that even now, 3 years after we were separated when we chose different high schools, and now that I have a job and she has school that keeps us both busy, we still keep in touch and try to find time to be with each other. We are about as different as night and day, but we still have loads of fun together.

She's now been accepted into this fancy dancing school on the other side of the country, so I think we're both excited to see how that's gonna work out, but I hope we'll still be able to find time to visit each other.

• Brohoof 1

I had a best friend but he suddenly moved out of state without saying goodbye and I haven’t heard from him in almost a year. So, I guess he never was really a friend at all. I tried contacting him but he avoids me and even blocked me on Facebook... 

1 minute ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

A true friend wouldn't do something like that.

You’re right. They wouldn’t. Oh, well. I’ll find a new one :maud:

I've known my best friend since around second grade and I can trust him with pretty much anything (sometimes it feels like he knows me better than I know myself). He's the only person who I've told I watch MLP. We rarely talk, though. We only message each other once every few weeks, and even back in high school we'd only hang out once every four months or so. I think it's mostly because of how reclusive I've gotten over the past three years.

40 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

I had a best friend but he suddenly moved out of state without saying goodbye and I haven’t heard from him in almost a year. So, I guess he never was really a friend at all. I tried contacting him but he avoids me and even blocked me on Facebook... 

He kinda sounds heartbroken to me.:(

I'm still close to my best friends for the time being. 

(edited)

I met my best friend back in Grade 4. I remember that he moved schools the year after, but by some coincidence we ended up going to the same high school. Funny how things turn out.

Edited by Cash_In

(edited)

I known my two best friends since K school, we're practically like cousins. We don't hang out much anymore but we still keep in touch. But when we do, I'd come over at their place and play PS4 with them.

Edited by TBD

I have several best friends and they each fit into the picture in vastly different ways. There's a girl in my theater group who is very close to me and we can share absolutely anything. I have a cousin who, despite being the total opposite of me, is one of my favorite people. She may be a relative but I think of her more as a friend because she earned my love and respect rather than it being a mere birthright. There's a girl that lives nearby who is close to me but more like a mentor than a friend, so I'm not sure how to classify her, but she is special in her own unique way.  

I would say it's a friend that I've known for the past 5 years or so. They don't exist on this forum though.

Ah, my bud; I wouldn't change him for the world. I've known him for pretty much four, coming up to five, years now and it's been amazing. We greet each other with insults and endlessly roast each other's tastes in stuff, but I can always talk about anything and tell him everything and I know deep down he'd keep it to himself. I've had messed up friends in the past that caused me to develop pretty bad trust issues with new people, but he's made me forget it all. Definitely life changing.

Thank you, M. I'll always be by your side through thick and thin, dude. <3

I think my original response to this thread warrants an update. I would say my boyfriend now. Not because I'm not close enough to the mutual friend of my dad and I to call her a good friend, but my BF and I talk to each other about so much stuff (philosophy, movies, music...), of course also including things I wouldn't think we would tell anyone else. Certainly I won't tell anyone about some of what you've said to me, I can promise that, S___. ;)

I mean we of course are also very intimate and cuddly with each other because we're also in a romantic relationship, but that's really nit what friendship is about. Not even considering that, we have a bond that is extremely close. :twismile: Even if he weren't my romantic partner, I'd still relish the platonic part (though it would feel much less special and I admit that it wouldn't have had the same, profound effect on me that it has had...). 

But I love him too much to ever want to seperate and I've only really known him for a little over 3 months. :sealed:

• 2 years later...

My best friend- Whoo boy!

I met him through Discord back in February, and since then we've grown closer and closer, and even met irl a couple times.

He always never fails to make me happy, and I love him to the moon and back. :blush:

I know my best friend for 2 years from a school thingy in Spain. I can definitely trust her with anything and we have a lot of fun together 

AND OMG IM NOT PARASPRITE ANYMORE IM A BUTTERFLY YAYYAYYYAYYAYYA :pinkie:

Edited by ridaranka
  • Brohoof 1

I know my best friend since 2002 we met in school back then, became good friends and stayed it until today. Saldy we cannot see each other on a daily basis anymore. But we chat several times a week and meet at least once a month. Well this was before covid -.-

@ridaranka

Congratulations then for becoming a Butterfly :> Fits any Fluttershy fan :yay:

• Brohoof 1

Oh yes...  Here we go

V02K46kIvdA=

I have known my best friend for two years or so since I was 11. We first met just a couple of weeks after moving from America. I went to a picnic / outdoor party with my aunty which was for friends and family.

So here's me this goofy nervous wreck kind of just hanging around my Aunty shyly not talking to anyone, then this boy runs over to me grabs my hand and shakes it and asked me if I was new here and asked my name.  😊

I remember going bright red, I told him my name and started saying something and he was like 😱 "Omg I love your accent"

After some chit chat he basically dragged me off to play football,  stick fighting and general randomness x3

I knew straight away I liked him and since then we have been besties for nearly two years.  About a week ago we officially became a couple and Iove him to bits

giphy.gif&ehk=MEr%2B4tml1dpL4Kd0mjo1wtXu

He is kinda the ying to my yang,  im nervous, always worry,  impulsive and hyper and he's cool,  calm and confident.  He's been there for me always and sometimes even more so than my family. I cant imagine life without him and in fact he's coming over for a sleepover tonight which 8 can't wait for :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I've known her about 5 years now, going on 6. We weren't always best friends though, I was a horrible judge of character back then and at the time my best friend was a poisonous leech. She, on the other hand, helped me see this, break free of it, and we're now together as a couple. Even if that doesn't pan out, though, we'd still be best friends. I think that's more important than any romance that we could have. 

• 1 year later...

Well, I actually met my absolute best friend here.

Just as @ZiggWheelsManninghas done so already, I have to summon @Magical Mare on stage c: 

You've shown me understanding where nobody else, not even my other friends could. You gave me back the life I've forgotten about in every day's endless chase. Motivated me to pursue my best self and never settle for less, I'll make it short - You're a freaking hero. 

Knowing You is nothing short, but an honor. I salute You for all You did and are doing and always will salute You! :coco: