Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celestia Poll. Pink or Normal Mane. Which do you like better?

Blue Moon

74 users have voted

1. 1. Pink or Normal Mane?

• Pink
    • Normal

(edited)

(I wasn't sure where to put this as it dealt with Celestia, but Celestia's mane remains the same throughtout the show, but it changes in the fandom usually for the age. Move if needed, please.)

Ok, so I was wondering which of the mane colors you like more of Princess Celestia. The pink one or the normal one? Vote above and tell reasons below.

I personally like the pink mane more. It looks better in my opinion and is really cute looking. I mean, look at this picture.

pink_celestia_by_lurarin-d5fm407.png

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 3

post-4006-0-89644600-1368933924_thumb.png

post-4006-0-17141600-1368933929_thumb.png

Technically, Celestia had a pink mane in the first episode, in the storybook flashback Twilight was reading. That's where the fandom concept of her having a pink mane when she was young came from, in the first place. Since it's confirmed from that, that Celestia's hair was pink long ago, and that's why we don't see it in modern times, I think that's good enough reason for having it in Show Discussion.

Normal. She looks more regal. Same reason why I prefer modern Luna from Luna Eclipsed --> Onnward versus young Luna, who we saw at the end of episode 2.

• Brohoof 8

I personally prefer Celestia's normal mane. I like all the colors in it; I think it makes her look very pretty. Also, I agree that it makes her look more regal.

I'll admit that her pink mane is kinda cute too, though.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a fan of her current mane color. The pink comes off as too childish to get the point across that she is a princess and ruler of Equestria. One thing I've never understood though is why her mane is always moving like it is in a breeze all the time. I'm guessing it's because her mane has magical properties, but I'd like to believe that somepony is off screen with a fan always blowing her mane.

• Brohoof 2

attachicon.gifCelestia_Raising_Sun_S01E01.png

attachicon.gifStorybook_Celestia_casting_magic_S01E01.png

Technically, Celestia had a pink mane in the first episode, in the storybook flashback Twilight was reading. That's where the fandom concept of her having a pink mane when she was young came from, in the first place. Since it's confirmed from that, that Celestia's hair was pink long ago, and that's why we don't see it in modern times, I think that's good enough reason for having it in Show Discussion.

Normal. She looks more regal. Same reason why I prefer modern Luna from Luna Eclipsed --> Onnward versus young Luna, who we saw at the end of episode 2.

Oh, thanks for enlightening me on that. I actually never knew where the pink mane thingy came from and I didn't remember that scene until now. Thank you. :)

I like the pink mane from long ago, but she's just so awesome with that flowing rainbow one she has now. I'm interested as to why it changed, though.

Well, like Chaotic Discord said, Celestia had a pink mane when in the flashback which was when she was younger, so I assume that as she got older, her powers developed more and her mane represented that she was more powerful. Either that, or rainbow hair is a sign that you're getting old.

Well, like Chaotic Discord said, Celestia had a pink mane when in the flashback which was when she was younger, so I assume that as she got older, her powers developed more and her mane represented that she was more powerful. Either that, or rainbow hair is a sign that you're getting old.

Right, but I wonder if it slowly develops or if it's something more like getting a cutie mark. Also, in between Friendship is Magic and Luna Eclipsed, Luna must have developed her powers more in some way, which I would like to know more about.

Oh I would love to say normal.... but that pink one.... is so divine.....

Just the perfect pastel pink.

Course, if JJ has anything to say about it, Human Celestia + Normal Hair + Bikini = o..O

....what did I just write? XD

Right, but I wonder if it slowly develops or if it's something more like getting a cutie mark. Also, in between Friendship is Magic and Luna Eclipsed, Luna must have developed her powers more in some way, which I would like to know more about.

Maybe it's just a thing with alicorns. Perhaps Celestia had just become an alicorn and her mane before was pink, meaning that her mane would still be pink until she got older and more powerful with her magic and got a rainbow mane. I guess that would mean Twilight's mane will eventually get all swirly and whateverwordtodescribecelestiasmaney (best word ever).

• Brohoof 1

The reason why it changes is because Celestia's normal mane is when she has her magical abilities as a princess, and the pink mane is when she doesn't have her powers as a princess. Same with Luna we saw her with a regular mane, and with her Aurora looking mane. In example.

Princess_Luna.png

Regular Mane, without Princess abilities

princess_luna_vector_by_mumepr-d4ve4wh.p

Aurora Mane, with Princess abilities

So in conclusion I think why we never see Celestia with her 'pink' mane is because she can't give up her abilities for even a second. The reason why I am going to say why I like Celestia's pink mane better not only because it is the original, but I think it makes her have a better color scheme. Even though we are never going to see it in the show I still like it more because it will always be her normal hair. It is what she looks like without her godlike abilities, and that looks better on her.

• Brohoof 4

Maybe it's just a thing with alicorns. Perhaps Celestia had just become an alicorn and her mane before was pink, meaning that her mane would still be pink until she got older and more powerful with her magic and got a rainbow mane. I guess that would mean Twilight's mane will eventually get all swirly and whateverwordtodescribecelestiasmaney (best word ever).

Hmmm... That would completely buck my headcannon about Celestia and Luna. I CAN NO BELIEVE. I think I'll have to work on a theory for this.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm... That would completely buck my headcannon about Celestia and Luna. I CAN NO BELIEVE. I think I'll have to work on a theory for this.

Well, if you want, TBB Animal has come up with a good theory and I recommend looking at it,

The reason why it changes is because Celestia's normal mane is when she has her magical abilities as a princess, and the pink mane is when she doesn't have her powers as a princess. Same with Luna we saw her with a regular mane, and with her Aurora looking mane. In example.

img-1478315-1-Princess_Luna.png

Regular Mane, without Princess abilities

img-1478315-2-princess_luna_vector_by_mu

Aurora Mane, with Princess abilities

So in conclusion I think why we never see Celestia with her 'pink' mane is because she can't give up her abilities for even a second. The reason why I am going to say why I like Celestia's pink mane better not only because it is the original, but I think it makes her have a better color scheme. Even though we are never going to see it in the show I still like it more because it will always be her normal hair. It is what she looks like without her godlike abilities, and that looks better on her.

I completely agree. I like her color scheme more when the mane is pink and it looks nice. Plus, like you said, I also like that it is the original.

Maybe the reason why their hair changes is to hold all of their magical abilities. Maybe the flow of the hair is the result of how they control it and when they don't need it they can simply turn it off by going back to their simple mane.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe the reason why their hair changes is to hold all of their magical abilities. Maybe the flow of the hair is the result of how they control it and when they don't need it they can simply turn it off by going back to their simple mane.

Maybe it's her... maybe it's Marebeline.

I had to say it.

But yeah it definitely has something to do with princesshood. Maybe it's just a stage of growth? I feel like maybe a higer-up Alicorn has something to do with it. But that's pure headcannon mode, of course.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer her normal, multicolored, wavy mane. It makes her different.

About the pictures of her pink mane, I've seen people saying that it's an artistic style. As in the ponies couldn't draw her mane correctly.

• Brohoof 1

I went with the normal mane, because there's no real cannon showing of what style her mane was when it was pink, like whether it was flowing or just normal. Also, it makes her look more regal. :P

I prefer her normal mane, along with Luna's as well. They just look more...dynamic I guess...It looks way more appealing to me. Their manes are actually the first thing I've noticed about them when I first saw them x3 Dem manes are pretty cray cray

attachicon.gifCelestia_Raising_Sun_S01E01.png

attachicon.gifStorybook_Celestia_casting_magic_S01E01.png

Hmm. I sort of disagree that those scenes "confirm" that Celestia had a solid pink mane in those times. If you watch the silhouette of Celestia and Luna dealing with Sombra, they both have their normal wavy manes (which happened 1000 years ago, and therefore has to be at a time before Celestia banished Nightmare Moon). Granted, it could have been a solid pink wavy mane, instead of a tri-colour one, but even then, it's enough to call into doubt the link between the highly stylized pictures in the book and Celestia's appearance at the time. 

I like the tri-colour mane, it's like the gentle colours of sunrise.

• Brohoof 2

Hmm. I sort of disagree that those scenes "confirm" that Celestia had a solid pink mane in those times. If you watch the silhouette of Celestia and Luna dealing with Sombra, they both have their normal wavy manes (which happened 1000 years ago, and therefore has to be at a time before Celestia banished Nightmare Moon). Granted, it could have been a solid pink wavy mane, instead of a tri-colour one, but even then, it's enough to call into doubt the link between the highly stylized pictures in the book and Celestia's appearance at the time. 

I like the tri-colour mane, it's like the gentle colours of sunrise.

Inconsistency with the writing if you ask me :3 They obviously weren't taking this logic into account. Thus, what came first remains canon.