Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celestia Poll. Pink or Normal Mane. Which do you like better?

Blue Moon

74 users have voted

1. 1. Pink or Normal Mane?

• Pink
    • Normal

I like her normal mane, it's just so pretty to look at, and I actually kinda think it fits pretty well with her white coat.

Her pink manes cute I guess, but idk I don't really like the combination quite as much as the rainbow mane.

Plus in general the flowy manes to me look awesome.

• Brohoof 1

I think they both have their place. Her pink mane is great for all the pictures and such of her when she was younger. It's really cute. But her normal mane, to me, shows that she has grown a lot, in both wisdom and power.

I like the pink mane. It seems more... natural.

Although I do like the look, it just seems like something is up with it. Some of the other manes would actually be achievable on a horse.

The pink mane make Princess Celestia look young while the rainbow mane reflects her centuries of accrued power and wisdom. A lot of people talk about aging gracefully but Celestia is one of the few who actually gets it done.  :)  It's nice to see that Luna's mane has become more "luminescent" with the passage of time too. 

• Brohoof 2

Celestia's normal mane is an exemplification of her shift into a wise and more experienced ruler, according to my head-cannon. Although her pink mane is rather cute and simplistic, it's an example of how even immortal beings (perceived or otherwise) must evolve over time. Despite much of Celestia's past still being shrouded in uncertainty, it'd make sense for the emotional tolls to settle down and allow her to learn from her decisions.

Her pink mane signifies an energetic, youthful, smart yet naive ruler that just took over a newly formed land we now know as Equestria. Following Luna's banishment and possibly several other major events, she eventually becomes more tame and patient which is demonstrated by her relaxed nature -- that is, allowing her subjects to enjoy themselves with light-hearted jokes here and there (Trollestia, as it were). Each of the hues in her multi-coloured mane signify one of these events she has been a part of, though I will let you decide on what they each may represent.

• Brohoof 1

post-2257-0-53579800-1369138545_thumb.jpg

This is a screen capture from the same opening scene. It's the first look at Celestia that isn't in profile. If you look carefully (or even not all that carefully), you will see that Celestia's forelock in this picture is not pink, but blue. So if you're going to use this scene as evidence for a pink mane (which is the only evidence there is for the pink mane theory anyway), then the inescapable conclusion is that only the back part of the mane is pink, and the front part is blue. So any picture of pink-maned Celestia needs to include a blue forelock too.

This is, of course, assuming that this scene should be taken as a true reflection of her appearance at the time, an assumption I would like to challenge.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

The normal one looks better and makes her stand out more (I like how both she and Luna have unique manes). Pink manes, as nice as they look, are something we can see on a lot of ponies.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 2