Zero000

53 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I thought it was a pretty good episode. It is where I started shipping Cheerilee and BigMac :P 

• 2 months later...

Loved it, laughed, loved everything about it.  My girlfriend and I randomly call each other these pet names with Big Mac voices to this day.  Cheerilee is just a wonderful character(though she wasn't herself for most of the episode), she reminds me of my awesomely sweet 3rd grade teacher... Yes I remember 16 years ago, when computers were for dorks (like me.)

• Brohoof 2

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found this episode to be pretty funny especially the moments between Cheerilee and Big Mac.

It's a shame that besides this Cheerilee never really got any episodes focusing on her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Remember one of the last scenes in this episode, where Cheerilee runs over the CMCs to get to Big Mac, and the Fillies are shown flying in the air in slow motion? I'm sure that that's a reference to some other movie or TV show, but for some reason, I can't figure out which. Anypony know?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hmmm...

4 out of 5....

Its cute.. Kind of funny.

But its also VERY Crinchworthy.. In the actual sense of the word.

Its good, and for a kids episode it very good.

But its not great...

also needs more Alicorns....

• 6 months later...

To me, this episode wasn't needed just because its pretty much made by a love potion.Frankly, I feel if anything this episode was making fun of shippers....and then the pairing got popular anyway....which I would find ironic if that is what the episode was doing

• 1 month later...

This has one joke, but it takes that one joke to such extremes that I can't help but be entertained. The way these two break through walls and pull houses in pursuit of their potion-driven love is absurd and hilarious and just a little bit terrifying, and really, isn't that how it should be? I'm not entirely onboard with the CMC having decided this was a good idea in the first place, but there's a lot of really good timing there, and the absurdity makes up for a lot. Solid moral as well, if one of the less universal ones. Also, a moment of appreciation for the pony who is strangely obsessed with tubs of jelly. Truly, one of the most memorable oddities in the show. 

Score:

Entertainment: 9/10

Characters: 7/10

Themes: 8/10

Story: 8/10

Overall: 80/100

• 4 months later...

Love Potions are just creepy, so I am glad they went with that, but in a humorous way. I enjoyed this episode. I also sort of like Big Mac and Cheerilee getting together after without any influence.

• 5 weeks later...

I love this episode. The entire thing is hilarious and it's a good parody of shipping. The only thing that isn't great is the song, but it's still good.

Score: 10/10

• 5 months later...

This is a pretty enjoyable episode. It doesn't get really good until the 3rd act, but the rest of it isn't bad, despite a few contrivances and a weak song. There's still solid jokes and once the episode gets good, it's a ton of fun. 

Score: 8/10

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Cute ep, enjoying the rewatch. Love the way MLP constructs songs :3

Kind of wonder why the Hearts and Hooves history book has a cauldron with love coming out of it? :P Ok she says the holiday started from a love potion (bit of an evil way to start the holiday IMO) but I think that's a fib. I think Twi is reading about love potions and there could be only one reason why! (If you wonder why, see Friendship is Witchraft).  

1040281.png

• 2 months later...

I think this episode is cute but the scences with the two love birds are so over the top, it's hard to take it seriously. So this episodes has some good and cute moments and I can and will watch with every run through the show. It's also a episode which should be watched at least once because they references it more than once in later episodes.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I love this one, perfect episode. They really hit it off well together in the end and I think they would make a great marriage! Also, why are their necks so long?
image.png.2119e3dd7a8b43aed8fbd16e8d34d7ea.png

• 9 months later...

Another episode that I feel is quite underrated. :p

The CMCs once again have another one of their "brilliant" ideas and as usual it leads into pure chaos. I've seen the love potion plot in a bunch of other shows, but this episode managed to keep things pretty interesting, which is good. Big Mac and Cheerilee being the victims of the CMCs plan was nice, mostly because they were fairly underutilised back when this came out, so I think it was cool giving them some time in the spotlight. 

My only issue is that I wished that there was just a bit more to it. I like the episode the way it is, but I felt like they could've done just a little bit more with it. I would've liked to have seen the more extreme lengths that the power of the love potion could've lead to.

I really liked this one. It's fun and even better if you consider it a commentary on obsessive shippers. :P

Edited by Cash In
Updated thoughts
  • Brohoof 1

Hot take: I actually like this episode. It's the most underrated and underappreciated episode of the season, especially for a CMC episode. It was so hilarious to me. Plus, I ship Cheerilee and Big Mac. Deal with it!:P

I know that a lot of people don't like Big Mac and Cheerilee's lovey-dubey baby talk and calling it cringey, but that's the point. It's supposed to be cringey. Plus, the CMC already grossed out by it, and that's what makes it even funnier.

I'll give it an 8/10.

• 4 months later...
(edited)

Loving Scootaloo!

:wub:

Big Mac pulling a house behind him is one of the best examples of Earth Pony strength.

"Their hearts and hooves were in the right place." 

:catface:

Edited by Rosy Moonlight

• 1 year later...
21 hours ago, Props Valroa said:

I love this episode! Cheerilee is the best teacher ever and I love it so much. It is a total 10/10 episode and I loved the humor in this episode! The Earth ponies certainly are strong! 

"Nothings wrong with this episode-, it seem alright~!" "His girl friend sure thinks so!"

Screenshot2023-09-12221238.png.d2cb6767d9a7f2c8a60e88500e5d699c.png

Oh yeah this episode is a classic, it has spawned some of the series best memes, great laughs, the song about finding cheerilee a partner is very memorable and engaging.

• Brohoof 1