Zero000

53 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Not my favorite episode, but pretty good.

So, I managed to get a copy off of iTunes before it was removed, and have since watched it. It was...rather funny, but it also felt like it was lacking something...or maybe it's just my mood right now. Hard to say.

Anyway, it proceeded more or less how I expected it would go. The CMC's tried to get Big Mac and Cheerilee together, failed initially, hooked them with a love potion snatched out of Twilight's book(rather than involving Zecora, for some reason) and the results were...atrocious. The way in which Big Mac and Cheerilee regarded each other was abysmal, which was the intent. There's disgustingly cute and then there's just disgusting. This was just disgusting.

Also a completely unexpected song! My only beef with the song is that whomever was singing for Sweetie Belle did NOT sound like her all that much...I don't know why they didn't just have their regular voice actress for Sweetie Belle sing, but that's what they did. Said song also had some INTRIGUING displays throughout it.

For example, we saw not one but SEVERAL arcade video game systems. That's just plain undeniable. They have computer systems of at least mid eighties in order to have things like that around. That's just plain crazy! It completely throws off my perception of Equestrian technology, more so than even Read It and Weep did.

We also saw a funeral being performed, which I thought was kind of odd...why show that sort of circumstance of all things?

Also during that song, we saw what might have been an automobile, that ambulance. Granted it could just be pony-pulled, but it looked too much like the back of a truck.

Where were Rarity and Pinkie Pie at Carosel Boutique and Sugarcube Corner respectively? I suppose Pinkie could have been out and about, but Rarity gone from her shop? Seems rather odd...unless this was her spa day and that's where she was. (Or maybe she was on her own Hearts and Hooves day date?)

The end of the episode also has me confused. Was it just Big Mac and Cheerilee messing with the CMCs, or are Cheerilee and Big Mac together for good now? If so, what does that mean for the fandom?

I think Pinkie was busy throwing a Hearts and Hooves day party. I'm not sure about Rarity. She could be on a date, she could be at the spa, or she could in another part of the Boutique busy with orders.

I think Big Mac and Cheerilee were just pulling a prank on the Crusaders.

I think Pinkie was busy throwing a Hearts and Hooves day party. I'm not sure about Rarity. She could be on a date, she could be at the spa, or she could in another part of the Boutique busy with orders.

I don't think she'd be in another part of the Boutique--it'd be far too easy for her to come out and see Cheerilee all boarded up and immediately release her, demanding to know what Sweetie Belle was doing. I can't imagine what sort of heart attack she'll have when she sees the damage to her front door...

So I suppose it makes sense that she'd either be on her own date--rather likely considering who she is--or at Pinkie's party. Except...if Pinkie was throwing such a party, where was it being held? Obviously not at Sugarcube Corner since we saw no sign of Pinkie there. It must be somewhere else, if it existed.

It just feels strange when we have these episodes where we never see most of the Mane Six. Even Twilight barely showed up and her role could easily have been diverted to Zecora while causing absolutely no plot issues. That wouldn't be a problem except that we had two major locations, both the homes of main characters, where the characters who lived there never showed up. That's like walking onto the bridge of the Enterprise-D and never seeing a trace of the command staff.

I think Big Mac and Cheerilee were just pulling a prank on the Crusaders.

I am not so sure. I would have to watch the scene again, but frankly it struck me as...the budding of a relationship, if nothing else. Sure, they could have been messing with the CMCs, and probably were to a certain extent, but I still think there's something there, something beginning. I would go so far as to argue that until shown otherwise, Cheerilee/Big Mac is now canon. (Mainly because a darker part of me would gleefully enjoy the way in which such a canon pairing would cause many a fan's fanon to collapse.)

I gave in and watched it.

I really enjoyed it. It's easily my favorite CMC episode.

I actually Didn't notice the funeral till you guys pointed it.

Posted Image

Neither did I. Now that makes me depressed. It was supposed to be humorous, but the poor old pony can be assumed to have just lost his wife.

That makes me sad. =(

Also a completely unexpected song! My only beef with the song is that whomever was singing for Sweetie Belle did NOT sound like her all that much...I don't know why they didn't just have their regular voice actress for Sweetie Belle sing, but that's what they did. Said song also had some INTRIGUING displays throughout it.

Claire Corlett - Sweetie Belle's VA - has never performed her singing voice. Michelle Creber voices Apple Bloom *and* does the singing voice for both Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

In that respect, Madeleine Peters does the VA and singing voice for Scootaloo.

Edit: Figures someone else would have responded to this by now.

Edited by Senn555

I saw it on YouTube, it was alot different than I expected. I kinda cringed alot due to them calling each other names so many times. But the episode was funny. Especially the faces the CMC make when Cheerlie and Big Mac look at each other.

When I heard "Potion" I expected Zecora, but she never showed up.

None of the Mane 6 got featured. Only a little of Twilight...

They forgot to return Twilight's book.

Now lets see all the shippings come in.

Edited by TwilightRubix

I haven't watched this yet, I'll wait untill saturday :)

Watching the new episode now will just ruin your Saturday, everypony. You will have nothing to do... unless if you've got something major important to do on Saturday, then you should watch it now.

I liked the episode very much, I absolutely swear I did the exact same faces that the CMC did at several points. The song sounded pretty cool, and the bit of the pony obsessed with jelly cans was hilarious. Although Applebloom did really jump on top of an old pony who was at a funeral? That just makes me say "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!". Maybe they were jhust messing with people, seeing how it was fast and I didn't actually notice it until you people pointed it out.

I found it was a quite entertaining and absurd episode. I always find the CMC funny, for some reason their episodes seem to be aimed towards an older audience than the mane 6 episodes, because the Mane 6 are usually aimed towards 5 year old girls, however, the CMC are aimed towards kids who are around 11 or 12, wich are the ages of the CMC.

I would love to see Cherillee and Bic Macintosh together in other episodes, but it seems like they wont. They just hate continuity.

Claire Corlett - Sweetie Belle's VA - has never performed her singing voice. Michelle Creber voices Apple Bloom *and* does the singing voice for both Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

In that respect, Madeleine Peters does the VA and singing voice for Scootaloo.

Edit: Figures someone else would have responded to this by now.

I suppose I should have been more precise. I mean that it didn't quite sound like Michelle Creber singing, and that they got someone other than Michelle Creber to do that specific song.

ugh...Should I watch it? Should I wait?

Why must I decide?

Hmm...I wonder what will happen to the pony who accidentally put this on itunes.

The thing I've been wondering is if it wasn't leaked on purpose, as a way for Hasbro to test the community, so to speak, see what they do, see how they react.

I liked this episode, though I didn't notice the stuff going on during the song. The arcade stuck out for me, didn't expect that much technology. I couldn't stop laughing when Cheerilee and Big Mac were calling each other names, and when I saw Mrs. Cake's reaction, that was even more funny.

It was weird only seeing Twilight, she really didn't do much. Why would she give potion recipes to the CMC, especially Apple Bloom?

No wonder Bon Bon has a different voice every time she talks. She's using clones of herself to date other ponies behind Lyra's back! *see back corners*

Posted Image

Oh yeah and Derpy and Dr. Hooves are both on the bridge there.

IT IS NOW CANON. LET THE SHIPPING ROLL IN

Also, I think its ok and normal for the mane 6 not to appear. After all many of the episodes of this season have lacked certain characters. I was glad Twilight had her little part in it though, it reminded me of the good ol' days when the whole show revolved around her

I loved everything about this episode. It was really cute and funny at the same time! I was smiling the whole time! ^^

And that song caught me off guard too. I really wasn't expecting one. It was a nice surprise. ^^

And it was nice to be able to watch an episode in HD the first time I watch it, rather than some crappy quality livestream for once! :D

I suppose I should have been more precise. I mean that it didn't quite sound like Michelle Creber singing, and that they got someone other than Michelle Creber to do that specific song.

Maybe? I have no idea at this point... it's possible they might change singing actresses over time, though I somehow doubt it.

Maybe? I have no idea at this point... it's possible they might change singing actresses over time, though I somehow doubt it.

True...I see no real reason for them to change either. So I suppose it may have just been me mishearing things.

I'm surprised nobody's commented on this yet...

Posted Image

There has been a lot of debate in the past over whether Scootaloo can fly or not because we've never seen her do so. It seems this episode lends a bit more weight to that discussion as she's shown here needing the help of her two friends in order to reach that cloud. What does this mean for Scootaloo? Ultimately only time will tell, but I for one am eagerly awaiting more Scootaloo in future episodes. There is so much we don't know about her. And little tidbits like this only make her more interesting! :blink:

• Brohoof 4

Since I'll be travelling Saturday, it's good this episode was available now. It was fun and cute, and I'm glad everypony had the same reaction to Big Mac & Cheerilee's condition. Sweetie Belle happens to be my favorite Crusader, and I'd say this is her best episode yet. The song is a part of that, of course.

I didn't notice it pointed out here yet, so I'll mention it: Doctor Whooves and Derpy together on a bridge.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqxSKDV_bHg&feature=g-u-u&context=G2f3c73eFUAAAAAAAAAA

There now needs to be art where Big Mac hops around with Pinkie like that. Also, why did it have to be Berry Punch's house!? :(

Posted Image

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

Well, I convinced myself to watch it early. I didn't have high expectations for the episode (synopsis didn't grab my attention,) but it was a pretty good episode overall! A few oddities here and there (Pony Arcades, Tara Strong's first line [lower pitch and more damped than I'm used to hearing from Twilight] and Scootaloo and Applebloom's long necks when Sweetie Belle was singing while grabbing the pole,) but the humor was spot-on. Big Mac and Cheerilee's mushy moments were cringe-worthy, but so much so that they were actually funny. And Sweetie Belle's "OH COME ON" when their initial plan didn't work...priceless.

As for the ending, I love how they left it open. Could go either way. Can't wait to see what kind of speculation/arguments this will bring amongst the fandom. xD Definitely gonna watch it again Saturday.