Zero000

53 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This episode is, Indeed, my favorite. First of all it has my maine pony: Big Macintosh. Second, he talks so much it makes you want to faint. All those sweet and lovey things he said, gosh that made me say "Awww" throughout the whole episode. Oh and who could forget the awesome song ehh?

• 2 weeks later...

This may well be my favorite episode of season 2 that isn't part of a 2 parter.  True, most of the Mane 6 don't show up, but this episode does so many of the little things *perfectly* that it just hits a home run.

The facial expressions:  Oh god, the expressions are priceless.  There's the naughty and suggestive grin on Sweetie Belle's face as she needles  Cheerilee about her "very special somepony" in the beginning.  The look of utter awkwardness on Cheerilee's face during both of the CMC's romantic setups.  But what I really love is the look of frustration on Cheerilee when Sweetie Belle asks how come she doesn't have a "very special somepony"- You see that face for only a second, but just from that you can tell that she's probably been asked that question about a thousand times from her mother. 

The sense of comic timing.  There are some lines and moments that are laugh out loud funny, and a large part of that is the timing with which they're delivered.  Sweetie Belle shines in this episode ("OH COME ON!" and "We thought you two wwould be perfect together.  To test it.  Together") and I love how Big mac screams "Schmoopy DOO!" *right* as he disappears into a giant hole in the ground.  

The song.  It's a great song, but I love the parade of weird-ass and frankly CREEPY stallions (I'm looking at you, Jelly pony) that they look at before settling on Big Mac.

Apple Bloom's vision of future events.  The idea of Ponyville being destroyed from an apple famine and rampant stupidity because Big Mac and Cheerilee abandon their jobs is hilarious. 

It's not an epic that can be compared to Return of Harmony or A Canterlot Wedding, but for what it is, it is *really* entertaining. 

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone pointed out to me the other day that when the CCC are looking for the perfect stallion, all the possible candidates are earth ponies. Can't help but wonder, was that was intentional?

• 5 weeks later...

I think Ms. Cherilee and Big Macintosh make an OK couple :P

I thought this episode was just hilarious though.

Another cutie mark crusade episode... Not my favorite only b/c of that but otherwise it's always fun to see Big Mac I always have to rephrase him after that "yup"

And here it is. A shipping episode! img-1409178-1-mellow.png (Needs to be a Cheerile Heart Face)

1. Big Mac and Cheerile joke about getting back together at the end. But in Just for Sidekicks - THEY WERE SEEN TOGETHER!

2. In the song, the CMC only tried to find Earth pony matches for Cheerile.....img-1409178-2-mellow.png

Edited by Starlight Song
  • Brohoof 2

And here it is. A shipping episode! img-1409178-1-mellow.png (Needs to be a Cheerile Heart Face)

1. Big Mac and Cheerile joke about getting back together at the end. But in Just for Sidekicks - THEY WERE SEEN TOGETHER!

2. In the song, the CMC only tried to find Earth pony matches for Cheerile.....img-1409178-2-mellow.png

You have a point. Why not a pegasus or a unicorn?

Anyway, the CMC were so ignorant and adorable that I couldn't help  but laugh at their mild and temporary stupidity in the episode.

I can't believe I never noticed the fact that the CMC only tried to find Earth pony matches for her..

Mind = Blown.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Deathflame.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just as we were getting back into the swing of things with the Mane 6, Studio B went and threw another CMC and holiday episode at us all at once in the episode "Hearts and Hooves Day"!  Hearts and Hooves Day, an obviously ponified holiday that is to Valentines Day what Nightmare Night and Hearth's Warming Eve were to Halloween and Christmas, respectively, is a fun little pony holiday, and while we get far fewer details concerning this holiday (all we know about it really is that it's a special holiday for ponies to celebrate with their very special somepony's... which is an adorable name for a romantic partner if I do say so myself wub.png) than the previous holidays, that's alright since in place of holiday details we get TONS of CMC madness!  So, without further ado, let's dive in and take a look at "Hearts and Hooves Day"!

245383_29Dec12_Hearts01.png

OK... that's so sickeningly adorable it's not even funny. img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png 

So first off, let's talk about the CMC in this episode, since they are after all the main characters.  In my humble opinion, this is the best CMC episode the show's had so far, although "One Bad Apple" is a possible contender (at the very least it's most definitely the second best CMC episode).  Why does it stand head and shoulders above the rest?  Couple of reasons.  First, it's one of the only CMC episodes that does NOT revolve around their attempting to get their cutie marks; in fact, besides "One Bad Apple", it is the only other CMC episode that equally involves all three of the crusaders that does not, and it was the first one to do so.  This is a welcome relief, as it shows the CMC tackling a problem that doesn't involve cutie marks whatsoever; it's just a normal, every day problem.  huh.png Well... OK, so maybe giving your teacher and one of your member's older brother a love poison isn't really an every day problem, but you get what I mean.  It's something outside the box that we're not used to seeing the CMC do, and it gives the audience a nice break from their usual shenanigans.

Besides that, there's other things that make the CMC stand out in this episode.  For one, they're bucking hilarious.  "Hearts and Hooves Day" is quite possibly their funniest episode to date, and for good reason.  They get into all sorts of mischief first trying to get Cheerilee and Big Mac to date each other and then trying to break them up, and it's really a laugh riot from beginning to end.  In fact, it's one of the funniest episodes of MLP to date, which is quite impressive considering Valentines Day episodes in kids shows are generally just average-to-substandard filler episodes without much to them.  Second, they sing a delightful little number (although to be fair, most of it's Sweetie Belle (singing voice done by AB's VA Michelle Creber, who has a lovely singing voice for her age), further hinting at her special talent eventually involving singing somehow); actually, "The Perfect Stallion" is their first song since the "Cutie Mark Crusaders Theme Song" way back in Season 1, and this is far more of a proper number than that 80's parody was, and really pleasant to listen to all in all.  Finally, they learn a good lesson that you shouldn't try to hook someone up with somebody else against their will, even if you have good intentions and want nothing but the best for both of them.  Love takes time and has a way of working things out on its own, and nopony no matter how honest, sincere, or decent their intentions can speed it up.  Good lesson, very solid all around and nice to see the CMC learning something that doesn't have to do with cutie marks (besides the 'patience is a virtue' element of the lesson I suppose huh.png).

Cheerilee_and_Big_Mac_with_CMC_picnic_S0

Oh come on, we're not trying to get our cutie marks this week; how much trouble could we possibly get into? vsTALhM.png 

Besides the CMC, however, the episode is pretty bucking funny for another big reason: Big McIntosh and Ms. Cheerilee.  These two, in the biggest roles they've had in the show to date, are hysterical once they drink the love poison given to them by the CMC, and they're even pretty funny when they aren't a couple of lovesick lovebirds! laugh.png  Things just spiral more and more out of control as the episode goes on, and I never tire seeing their antics while under the love poison's influence.  This episode really makes you appreciate the fact that these two are usually soft spoken and very mature characters, because it makes an episode like this all the funnier!  The pet-names they come up for each other are too much, and the climax of the episode always leaves me in stitches.  Finally, similar to how it's nice seeing the CMC learn a lesson unlike the standard CMC fare, it's a pleasant surprise seeing Big Mac and Cheerilee teach the CMC the lesson they learned, rather than one of the Mane 6.  All in all, this episode made me really appreciate both of these supporting characters far more than I had before, and ever since then it's left me vying to see them more than we have.  Here's hoping they both have prominent future appearances, and maybe even fall in love sometime down the road (hey, I'm just saying, they're a pretty cute ship, it's undeniable wink.png).

22466__safe_animated_big-macintosh_cheer

He's my shmoopy-doopy sweetie-weety pony pie.

You're my shmoopy-doopy sweetie-weety pony pie.

I think I'm gonna throw up.

135315%20-%20animated%20apple_bloom%20sc

Well, that about wraps up this episode review.  While it's hardly the most serious episode in the show, "Hearts and Hooves Day" still delivers a solid lesson along with some great laughs that keep on coming the entire episode.  It's very entertaining and a nice change from MLP's usual formula, and overall I'd definitely rank it as either the best or second best CMC episode so far that revolves around the entire group.  If you're looking for an exceptional Valentines Day episode for a kids show, look no further than "Hearts and Hooves Day"; I guarantee you'll have a blast! derpy_emoticon1.png

22463_safe_scootaloo_animated_sweetie-be

xJpg51C.png What?!  I don't have anymore to say about the episode and that's that!  Sheesh... everypony's a critic. dry.png 

• Brohoof 3

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This was a very good episode. The CMC aren't focused on getting cutie marks, so we can see a nice, fresh look at things. It's natural to want to find love for someone single, and of course it can never be rushed. And they rushed it. Good start. The opening scene was really funny. The musical number was enjoyable. And comes the Cheerilee and Big Mac shippers, and then after failed attempt, spoiler alert, they make a potion for it. And surprise surprise, it turned out to be a love poison. The ways the CMC tried to separate the two was hilarious. Sometimes the pet names got annoying but it was still funny. It's definitely a great episode. 

• 2 weeks later...

This episode has one of my favorite songs ever (The Perfect Stallion).

I like this episode: it doesn't focus on the mane 6 but on the CMC, and even better: it's not about their cutie marks, but on 2 secondary characters: Big Mac and Cherilee.

I wish there were more episodes like this one, I like the mane 6, but the show should also focus on the secondary characters. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This episode is, Indeed, my favorite. First of all it has my maine pony: Big Macintosh. Second, he talks so much it makes you want to faint. All those sweet and lovey things he said, gosh that made me say "Awww" throughout the whole episode. Oh and who could forget the awesome song ehh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCbSo5cqMw

That song should've been on sale on iTunes, I would've bought it

• 1 month later...

This was a decent episode. The CMC want to get Cheerilee together with Big Macintosh by using a love potion. This episode was weird but I also found it charming. This is basically the Valentines special. I found the parts with Cheerilee and Big Mac to be amusing.

640px-Nose_rub_S2E17.png

Big Mac and Cheerilee are immobilized by love!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Granted the theme of the episode I can guess this is Equestria's version of Valentine's Day... SO given it is February, I wanna start off by saying...

HAPPY HEARTS AND HOOVES DAY... I mean season, EVERYPONY!

SuperBrony87

post-31899-0-26412100-1422854123_thumb.png

post-31899-0-65277100-1422854128_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but I didn't like this episode and not too far from hating it. It wasn't even funny. :angry:

Why? Because I'm not too fussed with the idea of shipping ponies and I only have two ships I like, both are unrealistic.

• Brohoof 1