Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Make this site last forever!

BlueEyedPegasus

As long as there's Bronies out there that want to hang out here and are willing to pay for the site every so often I dont see a problem with that.

• Brohoof 3

I think we'll be talking about the show for a while.

However, the last forum I was on had been around for about 5 years. The subject the forum was about had already been discussed to death, and there were just like 30 members who used it to just talk casually to each other.

I hope that won't happen to this forum. I think we still have plenty to talk about, pony-related and not pony-related. It'll be around for quote some time.

(edited)

I think we still have plenty to talk about, pony-related and not pony-related. It'll be around for quote some time.

Indeed we do, and all the fan art, fiction, music etc. could keep it that way for quite a long time.

I doubt these forums will be going down anytime soon.

Edited by Tom

Are you just pulling my leg here?

He's referring to the remaining lifetime of the sun. In approximately that time it will expend all it's available fuel and supernova. The Earth will cease to exist by then, so that's why 'that's our time limit there'. :P

supernova.

Technically, the sun won't go into a supernova. It will just get bigger and bigger until it consumes Venus and Mercury, but it will be so big and so close to the Earth it will pretty much burn it to cinders. After it runs out of hydrogen to transform into helium, the sun will take the form of a brown, very little in comparison to its orginal state, star.

Technically, the sun won't go into a supernova. It will just get bigger and bigger until it consumes Venus and Mercury, but it will be so big and so close to the Earth it will pretty much burn it to cinders. After it runs out of hydrogen to transform into helium, the sun will take the form of a brown, very little in comparison to its orginal state, star.

Our sun doesn't have enough mass for supernova?

akita-ken googles...

OMG you're right. Damn I've been mistaken all these years. Was this a recent discovery? I always had the impression class G2 stars like Sol were on the light side, but had just enough mass for supernovae.. I'm going to reread up on a lot of things now D:

Our sun doesn't have enough mass for supernova?

akita-ken googles...

OMG you're right. Damn I've been mistaken all these years. Was this a recent discovery? I always had the impression class G2 stars like Sol were on the light side, but had just enough mass for supernovae.. I'm going to reread up on a lot of things now D:

No, I don't believe it was a very recent discovery. I believe I know it since I was at least 10 years old maybe a bit less (I'm 19 now). Nah, if the sun DID have enough mass for that, the solar system would have probably not have existed as big as it is now because it's gravity force would pretty much consume it entirely.blink.png

• Brohoof 1