Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will there be "brony" sections at theaters showing EqG?

Dzastur

I was thinking about this today; it's something I could see happening. I'm not talking about a bunch of older fans who decide to sit together (which makes sense) but a seating section "roped off" and designated for the older fans by a theater. 

And the theater might say it was meant to be something innocuous - maybe even fun, to suggest bronies were welcome - but then people would point out that it could be seen as implying that the theater believes parents aren't comfortable with the older fandom and don't want them sitting near their children. And then it hits social media and *bam*, mini-scandal...

I'd suggest midnight screenings to avoid any sort of controversy. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

@,

To be honest, there aren't enough bronies in any given town to justify roping off an entire section of a theater. Not to mention it would technically be age discrimination if only people over a certain age were allowed to sit there, which no theater wants to be accused of. So I would be inclined to say no. Nice thought, but unfortunately, no. 

• Brohoof 8

Honestly, that kinda seems a little over the top. I mean, if a bunch of bronies wanted to sit together in a kind of established Brony section, that's fine. But roping if off, that seems a little weird.

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty sure there's already a thread that was heading in the same direction...anyway, I don't think theaters would see it as enough of a big deal to warrant that kind of setup. I mean, I don't even know if there are enough bronies across the world that would book a screening for any one occasion in any one cinema. Anyway, it shouldn't matter because we should be able to enjoy th films in the same way as the girls can, without the segregation or the midnight hours. Its universal.

• Brohoof 1

No, it won't have a "brony only" section.. Because of what has been mentioned age discrimination. Although, they don't really even have to have a "brony only" section. I guess many will be going in groups, if there will even be many that will actually go watch it. Well if it will be shown in my country I will go watch it. But like I said, no, they won't have a "brony only" section. But I guess many will be in groups anyway.

While unlikely, that would be pretty awesome, if that was VIP seating, that is! At least you'd be able to sit next to other bronies. I think it would be pretty cool, but it's not gonna happen unfortunately.

That is never going to happen any theater that does this is going to have to whether an epic shitstorm that they want no part of. It will just be a big mess of haters/trolls saying "see I told you they were freaks" parents freaking out and wondering why it would be necessary to rope people off like that and some bronies accusing the theaters of discrimination. Plus although I am sure there is enough bronies there is the matter of them actually showing up, there are plenty of closeted bronies that won't see it in theaters for that reason and there are people that won't see it because they have decided they probably won't like it.

I agree with everyone that it's unlikely - but, then again, businesses have done things a lot more stupid than this.

The midnight screening thing would be for my convenience, and the fact that I could see it on opening night and then be done with it, good movie or bad. Also, a theater full of older fans would have a unique atmosphere that'd probably be pretty fun.

I think that would be weird anyway. I mean

@, To be honest, there aren't enough bronies in any given town to justify roping off an entire section of a theater. Not to mention it would technically be age discrimination if only people over a certain age were allowed to sit there, which no theater wants to be accused of. So I would be inclined to say no. Nice thought, but unfortunately, no.

Unless you live in one of the bigger cities, but as you said it would basically be discriminating against others. I don't think that would be a good idea anyway. I'd find out better to just chat with any bronies before/after the movie.

I wish the movie would be showing in my area so I'd finally be able to single out any bronies in my hometown. No such luck Is on my side unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

I work in a movie theater. About a dozen of our staff are fellow bronies. If we meet any bronies going to the movie, we'll welcome them kindly. No need for segregation, we're all friendly. I've openly brohoofed many men when they are brave enough to wear pony shirts in public.

We got a snowball's chance of that happening. As much as I would like to meet other bronies in real-life. Besides, it would just give haters and dailydot writers more fuel

This would never happen. I don't think any movie theater would care enough or take the time to block one area off for bronys. They aren't going to have people stay in the room to make sure they stay in that part.  

I highly doubt that, but it won't stop brony friends from sitting together in groups, and probably might even hook up all their brony friends to go all together and stuff. 

But it's no big deal really. The little kid and their parents will probably just sit far away from them. What I CAN imagine is the bronies sitting mainly on one side, and the younger kids sitting on the other side, as far away from the bronies as possible, sadly.

(edited)

Nah I can't see this happening. Plus, I don't really think the idea is anything that would work either.

Everyone older than 13, watch that midnight-release!

Nah but really, it's an odd thing and it would make us bronies look even weirder.

Edited by Jokuc