Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Embarrassing Brony Moments

MilBrony

Embarrassing Brony Moments  

304 users have voted

1. 1. Where do your Embarrassing Brony Moments happen?

• Work
    • School
    • Public Areas (Walmart/ Park/ etc)
    • Other

Hmm, let me think. 

Once upon a time, in the boring world of me, Fireball Rush left her pony wall paper on her cel phone. Then, later that day, my friend asked to borrow it, so I lent it to her. After she made the call, she was talking to her friend about a 'lightning bolt pony'....

• Brohoof 5

Well,

I was watching the show at my Grandma's and everything was going fine.

My older cousin walked down the stairs and found out I was watching MLP.

He said that the ponies deserve to be shot.

It was bloody embarrassing.

I utterly despise him, so I don't really care what he says.

But, it was still awkward...for me, namely.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Okay there is one idiot brony at my highschool. As you have probably guessed I'm pretty okay with people liking MLP, but this kid bothers everyone with ponies, be they brony or not. Somehow he found out me and some friends of mine were bronies and decides to bother us extra because of it. He walks up in the middle of personal conversations and trying to get a brohoof, tries to force me to sing along to songs from the show, and bothers me nonstop about the show, it is incredibly annoying.

Anyway, one day a teacher asks him why he kept distracting class with ponies and he replies (I quote) "because ponies are cool and everyone loves them" and then he proceeded to point all of the bronies out one-by-one in the middle of a lesson. It's not that he said I was a brony that was embarrassing, I don't particularly hide it and most people know anyway. It was more the fact that I was now associated with that idiot that embarrassed me so much. Not to mention it took a while to explain to everyone in the class that there are varying levels of liking something and not all of us were obsessed retards.

So yeah, I tend to keep as far away from that moron as possible now. 

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)
  • Brohoof 13

Doubt it since they cant offcially segregate against it. I just ended up getting voluntold to do allot more than my fair share when my being a brony first came out. Nowadays though I am getting my revenge just dues since I'm proving myself allot more apt medic than my peers and going to Ranger's in July tongue.png brony kid kicked their asses!

Rangers Lead the Way!

Good luck with that bro! /]

But yeah, mostly people around here that I hang out with kind of just shrug and go, 'whatever' I'm looked at as the psycho in my unit anyway lol

• Brohoof 1

I brought my laptop to school for a project and what not, and I had just bought a new case for it. It looked like a leather bound book from the company that makes Book Book if you know what that is. 

Anyway my friend complimented me on the case and thought it was really cool. Not thinking I opened it up to show her the back of it, thus opening my laptop. Then *BAM* pony wallpaper for everyone to see. img-1489473-1-blink.png

I had forgotten I had a similar thing happen in one of my college psychology courses.  Twice, once with a Pony and once with an anime scene.

For the pony instance, it was a Pinkie Pie wallpaper.  I wasn't really embarrassed by it and I was able to explain to the people in my study group how good the show is and one of them subsequently became a fan.

The more embarrassing one was the wallpaper that had the twin brothers Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachin from Ouran High School Host club.  If you don't know that manga, it's a shojo manga, so it is directed mostly at teen and preteen girls.  I find it extremely amusing that it is directed at a slightly older audience than My Little Pony, yet I found it more embarrassing.

The third time I brought the laptop I changed it to a "Tales from the Darkside" wallpaper to try to balance out all of my interests :)

• Brohoof 4

The more embarrassing one was the wallpaper that had the twin brothers Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachin from Ouran High School Host club.  If you don't know that manga, it's a shojo manga, so it is directed mostly at teen and preteen girls.  I find it extremely amusing that it is directed at a slightly older audience than My Little Pony, yet I found it more embarrassing.

I know that anime! The twins are hilarious, and I could see how you might be embarrassed. Hey, the truth is nobody really cares, and at least now you have a good story to tell, right? Plus not everyone's gonna 'hate' it, there's lots of people (like me) who watch it too! happy.png

• Brohoof 4

I dunno, I can't consider anything "embarrassing" since I don't care if people like me or not, but I guess this could count somewhat.

So in my music class, the teacher separates string instruments and wind instruments into different cabins to practice in. This one time, I had forgotten all my guitar tabs at home, so I decided to pop my Ipod out in the cabin and watch some MLP (without headphones) I stopped paying attention to the door after a while, without me noticing, the teacher had opened the door while I was in the middle of an episode. I guess he recognized the voices or something (which I doubt since the french voices for MLP are bad imo) because all he did was smile and close the cabin again : /

I dunno, wasn't that embarrassing, but it was funny to see him smile.

• Brohoof 5

I know that anime! The twins are hilarious, and I could see how you might be embarrassed. Hey, the truth is nobody really cares, and at least now you have a good story to tell, right? Plus not everyone's gonna 'hate' it, there's lots of people (like me) who watch it too! img-1494263-1-happy.png

hehe, yeah.  It was an extremely mild embarrassment.  I don't really have much shame.  But I just love how all the girls in the high school get so weak in the knees when the twins act like they're in love.  The girls swooning makes me laugh each time.

Well I don't think it'd be as embarrassing now that I'm "out of the stable" but last January I was sitting on a bench in the hallway at my school and there were a few friends of mine sitting next to me. None of them knew I'm a brony. Every time we start talking about something that we need to check up online (who some actor was, when was someone famous person born, etc.) they tell me to look it up because I'm the only one with a smartphone in my circle of friends. Well this one time we had something for me to check, so I take out my iPhone and unlock it. I had forgotten that I had listened to Winter Wrap-up that morning and then just locked the phone without going to the home-screen first. So when I unlock the phone, the first thing that pops up is the background pic for that song, which just so happens to be the MLP-logo :D I quickly lock it again and put it back in my pocket, but my friend who's sitting right next to me was looking and he goes "Please don't tell me that was what I think it was?" Embarrassed, I tried to tell him it was just a video someone linked me, but he doesn't buy it :P Not sure if he knows even now that I'm a brony... He hasn't brought it up ever since.

• Brohoof 4

I was hoping for a thread like this at some point or another. I've got a pretty good one. As some of you know, I'm a firefighter. Well, earlier this summer we had a fairly large grass fire. Several departments had to show up to help contain it. Well, one of our neighboring departments, a fire instructor is an officer for.

Now fire instructors are like drill sergeants. They yell, they break and they torture so that they can teach. Well, at the time I just so happen to be about a third of the way in to class with this certain fire instructor. I forget that I am wearing my favorite pony shirt (Vinyl Scratch scratching records). He sees my shirt and approaches me, and then he recognizes me. "Is that a My Little Pony on your shirt?" "Yes sir" "What is his name" "Her name is Vinyl Scratch sir" "Well good job fire fighter, you just got yourself a nickname for class. Got that Scratch?" "Yes sir."

So for the rest of Firefighter 1 I was either called Scratch or Pony Boy. Embarrassing at the time, but pretty awesome now. 

• Brohoof 19

Nice Derpy shirt, anyway with that said I haven't really had any major "embarrassing" moments of course that might change when I go see Equestria Girls in a couple of weeks but I will survive because I don't really care what other people think of me anyway. The closest I have had to an embarrassing moment was when I almost said everypony instead of everybody when I was talking to my Mom once but since I caught myself before the blunder I don't think I should count it. When I told the friend who introduced me to ponies he couldn't stop laughing and it has become a running joke between us ever since.

• Brohoof 3

Uhm.. I remember one tme in school when I told my classmate I am a brony, and they said whats that, I said fans of MLP, and they started laughing at me. But you know, they're a Brony too.

• Brohoof 1

This wasn't  really embarrassing for me, i guess it should of been but i wasn't embarrassed, my friend was.

I was walking with my friend to my house and i saw some boy who was walking down the street, i started to sing the MLP theme song loudly not even really noticing and the boy looked over at us. My friend was so embarrassed...i just laughed and went on singing :P 

• Brohoof 2

My embarrasing moment was when I said "everypony" instead of "everybody" while presenting a project in class. They all laughed, and I felt extremely stupid.

• Brohoof 8

I haven't had too many embarrassing moments, but if I had to pick, I guess the most embarrassing brony moment I've had would've been this fall semester at Hillsdale when I mentioned a condescending Willy Wonka meme to a friend that involved MLP and he then proceeded to ask if I was a brony.  I sheepishly and somewhat awkwardly replied yes, and after explaining that there really is a lot of merit to it (he roomed with me for a semester, so he knows I have good taste in entertainment), my friend replied that it was cool, so thankfully it wasn't too embarrassing a moment. yay.png

P.S. @@MilBrony, that story is amazing!!!  Also, God's blessings this Memorial Day, and thank you for your service to our country. smile.png

• Brohoof 1

My most embarressing had to of been when my brother was looking at some of my non pony art work and he came across my ponie drawings. He started makeing fun of me, and i told him to shut it till he watched the first one. he did but he didnt care for it and hasnt givenme crap for it, so its cool. 

• Brohoof 2

Well... Once, I was writing a really bad MLP fanfic on the back of one of my notebooks and right after we had a test. I finished it so I started to sleep (Yeah, we can sleep on our desks) I woke up like 30 minutes later and decided to continue writing, but my notebook wasn't where I had left it anymore. I looked around and saw most of my class staring at my notebook. THEY WERE READING MY FRIGGIN FANFIC. After that they started to make fun of me and al, that, but the next day no one cared anymore.

• Brohoof 7

I've only had one "embarrassing" moment, and it wasn't really that embarrassing. I've had close calls, but nothing has really happened. 

It was before I was even really a brony, I had just started watching the show and still wasn't sure if I was into it. I saw a girl at school wearing a shirt with the mane six on it. We were sort of friends but we really only talked in the one class we had together. I asked her if she watched the show too and she looked at me like she was confused. Then she told me that she didn't actually know it was a show she just thought the ponies looked cute and proceeded to point out which ones she liked the best. 

I told her she should watch the show and that it was pretty good but she didn't seem very interested. 

I just remembered another thing. Last year we had to create six word autobiographies and I was one word short so I just put "ponies" as my last word. No one really got what it meant, they just assumed I was trying to be cute/random or something. 

• Brohoof 6

My embarrassing moment happened recently. I know there's nothing wrong with liking MLP, and I shouldn't be embarrassed about it... but I worry too much about what other people think. So, I hide it from almost everyone I know in person. 

However, recently, I had a moment that was pretty embarrassing. My Google username used to be "Fluttershy Pony". So, recently, some people and I from school had to get on Google Drive together to work collaboratively on a powerpoint presentation in real-time, that was one facet of our end of year persuasive research project for Advanced English 10 class. Me, completely forgetting that my username is "Fluttershy Pony," logs into Google Drive, and I see that my name shows up as Fluttershy Pony in the chat. I leave immediately, and I proceed to try to change my username. I do, but apparently it didn't update quick enough, because when I came back, it still said Fluttershy Pony. So, I decided to play innocent, and made a smooth entrance into the chat saying "hi i don't know what my display name is but i'm [insert my real name here]". Thankfully, no one cared, so I guess I was worried for nothing. 

• Brohoof 7

Just had another one! (But kind of cool too)

Went to go see Fast 6 and one of the previews was for EG, as soon as it started playing the preview me and three other people in the theater started cheering. It was dark so nopony  derpy_emoticon2.png  saw our faces.

So yeah, I'm gonna go see it when it premieres here in Kansas. If you are in the Ft Riley area, lets go herding!

• Brohoof 7

during my social class i had to do a project, being in AP my teacher expected the best of the best assignments. i had failed to realize that i drew a few ponies on my assignment, so i had to stand in front of the class and talk about how equestrian economics are a lot like classical conservatism, yeah, now he either adresses me and hobbes or pony kid....   

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

I once had a family friend's young daughter gleefully compliment my pony collection(the fact she didn't think it weird was touching though, I guess judging others is something we ain't born with, thank God) in a room full of people, but that's about it. My niece has done it too.

Also, the first time you ask the guy at the comic shop about the comics is always awkward(thank God I'm "subbed" to them now so I just have to go in, say my name and he grabs them from by subscriptions folder, no questions asked), and there was the time I had to call Hot-Topic about a factory defect in a MLP related item(I ordered the DJ-Pon3 box and it was missing the foil card). 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 3

Well I just had another one of those moments. It wasn't really embarrassing as it was cute :D I woke up, thinking I'd be home alone, so I put on my Rainbow Dash t-shirt (I don't wear pony-shirts around my siblings because they don't know I'm a brony) I walked out of the room and the first thing I see is my three-year-old niece and my sister who had come for a surprise visit :P My niece looks at me for a while, then her eyes go wide and her face almost literally starts to shine as she points at me and squeals "You've got a horsie-shirt!!" Me and my sister just look at each other for a while and then she starts to laugh and says to her daughter "I think it's a pony, actually. What's her name?" I say it's Rainbow Dash and my niece tries to pronounce it and it's soo adorable :3 (Note that this whole conversation happens in Finnish, and a three-year-old isn't the best one in pronouncing English :P) Afterwards me and my sister talked about the whole brony thing, and she seems to be okay with it :)

• Brohoof 11

I got a short one but it was still embarrassing:

I was watching Lets Plays of horror game on Youtube with my sister, she said she wants to play one so I downloaded 

Cry of fear I think. I clicked around in my folders and somehow got to my picture I accidentally clicked on my Pony folder and my desktop was full with pics of Pinkie and Twilight...

I closed it as fast as possible but she still saw it and she said like:" Why do you have so many UNicorns on your PC?"

I wanted to say that it's Pinkie and Twilight and that Pinkie is NOT A UNICORN.

But I endet up saying: " I don't know!" 

My Sis laughed and said you got a Unicorn Virus on your PC!

I said nothing and just started the game.

I don't know if she realized that I'm a Brony but I told her a few weeks ago about Bronies..

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

Yesterday, I knew my parents would have a fit if they knew what I was getting at Wal-Mart, so I walked to the store, and went to the trading card section (near where you check out). I made sure no one was looking, and I snatched two decks of cards, and stuffed them in my coat pocket (you would think i was shoplifting if you saw me do this) and got a few candy bars. I waited in line, and when I bought them, I knew the clerk was uneasy. He didn't show it. I just knew somehow. I walked home, and hidden the cards I got.

Edited by D-Ice
  • Brohoof 4