Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Embarrassing Brony Moments

MilBrony

Embarrassing Brony Moments  

304 users have voted

1. 1. Where do your Embarrassing Brony Moments happen?

• Work
    • School
    • Public Areas (Walmart/ Park/ etc)
    • Other

Dad: "So...ponies, huh?"

Me: "Mhmm..." Please God let's just get this over with so I can go to sleep for an hour!

*Silence*

Dad: "...chicks dig it."

And then he left the room.

...So everything went better than expected, it seems? Ha. Well, I guess he's right to some degree. Some chicks really do dig the whole brony thing. Still, hilarious exchange, that. tongue.png

Anyway, just had an uncomfortable moment of my own. My sis just came home from a weekend out of town, and she brought her boyfriend into my room to show me his new tattoo. And although he didn't say anything about it, I could just feel his eyes darting to the pony figurines on my TV. Thanks for that, sis. *facehoof*

• Brohoof 2

Have you ever given a presentation about Arthurian legend and ended up saying Canterlot instead of Camelot?  Good thing it was a small group.

• Brohoof 12

Well earlier this month I was at the mall at build-a-bear getting the Pinkie Pie plushie. So I was filling up Pinkie with the stuffing and this 40 year old man was there with his daughter and he was just staring at me with the look on his face like "What is wrong with this kid." Honestly that was the only time I have ever been embarrassed as a brony.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Well earlier this month I was at the mall at build-a-bear getting the Pinkie Pie plushie. So I was filling up Pinkie with the stuffing and this 40 year old man was there with his daughter and he was just staring at me with the look on his face like "What is wrong with this kid." Honestly that was the only time I have ever been embarrassed as a brony.

Wow, whatta dick! How did he know you weren't getting it for a sister or niece? Not that you were, of course, and not that you should feel the need to resort to such a pretense, but...man, it sure is nice when people assume the worst of others, innit?

Anyway, had yet another moment with my family the other day. Mom came into my room for some reason or another, and saw the ponies on my TV. Conversation went a little like this:

Mom: ...Dude, what's your fascination with these ponies?

Me: [poker face] What, don't you remember that article about bronies you told me about that one time? I'm one of those, you know.

Mom: Are you serious?

Me: Eeyup.

Pops: [walks into my room, sees them, and smiles in amusement] ...That's hardcore. [walks out]

Mom: Where'd you find them, anyway?

Me: Target. Just saw them when we were looking at bikes for Joshie, and I bought 'em on impulse.

Mom: ...You are so totally my son. [pets my cat] Your big brother is weird, isn't he? Yes he is! [walks out]

So, yeah. Any and all doubts that my parents may have had about my bronyhood were swept clean away that day.

Also, I was wearing my new Pinkie Pie shirt that day, just to compound the situation with MOAR PONEE. angry.png

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 11

Okay first things first... Military Bronies are awesome and for that to happen to you respect o.O.

I haven't had my embarrassing moment just yet but I did get some shirts recently... I probably will not get much reactions but I may who knows.. 

A lot of you had some really rough moments from all the ones I have read  o____o

• Brohoof 2

Okay first things first... Military Bronies are awome and for that to happen to you respect o.O.

I haven't had my embarrassing moment just yet but I did get some shirts recently... I probably will not get much reactions but I may who knows.. 

A lot of you had some really rough moments from all the ones I have read  o____o

It might it might not be as rough as somepony eles'. But never ever ever let that stop you from doing anything you want to do.

Dont worry about the  future worry about the present.

• Brohoof 1

It might it might not be as rough as somepony eles'. But never ever ever let that stop you from doing anything you want to do.   Dont worry about the  future worry about the present.

You are absolutely right in everything you just said. I could not have said that any better myself. Do not worry about what this world thinks and live happy and content. 

• Brohoof 1

So, I used to be a hardcore closet brony, keep it to myself. This happened in late March.

Me:*Sets phone screen up on table. *Phone vibrates (thanks for your tweet @LivingTombstone) and reveals my Applejack wallpaper.

Asshole 1: OMG dude what the fuck?

Me: *Quickly hits button to make screen go black.

Asshole 1: (to asshole 2) Dude, that gay kid right there has a pony as his wallpaper!

Asshole 2: Dude, what's wrong with you?

Friend 1: Which pony is on your wallpaper?

Me: (talking about as loud as fluttershy does all the time) Applejack.

Asshole 1: You have some serious problems bro.

Me: Yeah, thanks man, that's real nice.

Asshole 1: Whatever, weirdo.

This was the first time anyone ever found out I was a brony without me telling them, that is why I am reluctant to tell people.

• Brohoof 2

I have yet to see the trailer in Theaters. Although, I will have to agree with you on Star Trek, Into Darkness. It was amazing. 

Omg I'm so avoiding this one.  Every time my friends/family have asked me to see a movie in the past 3 weeks I've been like "NO!  Lets go bowling instead!"  or  "Can't;  got a fever :("  Its pretty funny how we've been movieless since the release :P

• Brohoof 2

My most embarrassing moments were actually before I became a brony!

At our college, Bronies love giving non bronies pats on the back, which means they have secretly attached a sticky note to you saying something like "I love pink ponies" or "You have just been derped by Derpy Hooves" You had no clue how long you'd been walking around with the note.... Blush_zps7c2fb7f5.jpg

But then after I became  Brony myself, all embarrassment went out the window since I was the one attaching notes to non bronies backs. angelpony_zps7d6a5b79.jpg

"A sonic Rainboom took place on this back"

"Somepony lubs me"

"I am NOT a Brony and everypony knows it"

"Pinkie Pie cupcake crumbs sighted here ---------> "

"I'm a closet Brony... shhh don't tell anypony"

"Look, you have Brony mail!"

"Rainbow Dashed here"

"You have been behooved by Pinkie Pie!"

"Kick me... right in the cutie mark"

"My OC is an alicorn, live with it!"

"Fluttershy just yay'ed on you!"

"Shirt design by Rarity"

"Vinyl just scratched you!"

"I brush with Colgate! (picture of Colgate included)"

• Brohoof 7

Yeah... I've got quite a disturbing and Awkward Moment, I wouldn't mind sharing.

So around Two Weeks ago, I had organized a bet with one of my mates saying, if my football team lost, I would have to come to school on the last day dressed in a dress... and vice versa, so my team lost, yay, so I came to school on the last day in a dress as normal. it was quite fun, and comfortable actually, but yeah, the day went fine no hassles or anything, until later in the day, we were playing basketball, and well I'm a tall person 207cm, 6 Foot 6 Inches, or similar, so I was playing like normal. in a dress and all... yeah...
and well, I went for a slam dunk, it didn't go quite well, I pulled the slam dunk off, but the dress got caught on the ring, and well My under Panties, I was wearing for the day fell off... Awkward..... around 20 people took pictures of me. and just.... It's not right and it's awkward, One of the Worst days of my life.. and quite Embarrassing.

• Brohoof 1

My friends were once making a joke about MLP because they still think it's in the G3 era and they joked that I watched it. I was trying so hard to not laugh or freak out.

• Brohoof 1

K i finaly got a new one, when I'm working i sing along to what songs are on, well Murmaider 2: The Water God was on and about 2 weeks ago i wrote my own version i called "Murmareder 2:The Twilicorn" so I'm singing along with my own version and it gets to the end of the lyrical part and i go along "I am the Twilicorn, bow to the Twilicorn, live for the Twilicorn, die fir rhe Twilicorn" the other guy i work with was right there I didnt see him he goes "Whats a Twilicorn?" I was embaresed for a minute, sucked it up and told him "It's from My Little Pony get with it" he goes "oh ok thats cool" and goes back to work, yeah i was embaresed as hell for what seemed lika a eternity thete

• Brohoof 4

My embarrassing moment was in-class. I was giving a speech and my phone vibrated. It distracted me and I ended up saying everypony instead of everybody. XD

• Brohoof 3

Hurray! I now have a story after browsing this thread for so long! Anyway one of my friends was at my house and he was using my smartphone for youtube and for whatever reason he signed in. He leaves, and for the next week I'm listing to lotsa poneh songs... Like a lot. Then one day I get a text from him saying hey are you still signed in on my youtube account, cause I never watch pony stuff... And sends me a screen shot of the youtube history and I think of something to say to get me out of this (cause he doesn't know I like ponies) realized its taken to long so I respond with F*%# me and he responds with haha you watch that shit and I'm like yea then he say lol. So it could have been worse was pretty funny for me tho :P

• Brohoof 2

Haha mines not as worse as some but here it is, I was playing my music on my speaker at collage and there was about 38 people in there and then suddenly the sing changed to °proud to be a brony° by black gryphon as the song played everyone looked at me in silence then someone started to laugh at me so I stood up straight and said *and fucking what shut up I like this song* it soon got spread around collage and school bur I don't care.

• Brohoof 2

At school I printed out some pony pictures (for me and a friend), and I walk into the library to grab them and the librarian picks them up and she's like "Are these yours" in her nice, bubbly librarian tone. Awkwardly, I respond "Yes", I take them and walk away. She couldn't care less, but it was a tad embarrassing for me.

• Brohoof 1

So, the other day I was helping around the house, and for whatever reason my stupid shorts didn't have any pockets. Seriously who makes shorts with no pockets? Anyways, I had to set my phone down to help carry something from outside to our kitchen. My step mom who does not know I am a brony, but knows that I like the show, picks it up thinking it was her phone.(We both have white iPhones) She looked at the front wallpaper and realized it was a picture of rainbow dash. She yells out "Hey this isn't mine, this is yours. Its got My Little Ponies on it!" My face got all red i grabbed my phone from her and went straight to my room.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

Ok, this is a big one, so get ready o.O Ok it goes like this...

Ok, i was sitting all casual on the laptop, being my bubbly derpy self talking with other ponies on deviant art (Im kitsunefireball :3) And my brother, just all of a sudden comes in the living room (he is like my 27 year old guardian so technically he is my "parent") And he asks me "Whats a brony" I froze and i was probably blushing and i said "Uhm...a fan of a tv show?" and he said "Ok then.." and i wanted to kick myself and say "my little pony" but i was too scared and stuff. so there ya go.

• Brohoof 2

1.Well, early in my bronydom, me and my best friend were at a party, and I turned on my phone to listen to the smile song. It ended up with him dancing and singing it, and me explaining the MLP fandom.

2. I reference MLP all the time. When someone hears me, it's bucking embarrassing.

3. I went to a mall in San Antonio, Texas with my best friend (same guy as earlier). At a novelty store full of purple things, I saw a Twilight Plushie. I was determined to buy it. It ended up with my friend being critical of me and me enjoying my first piece of MLP merchandise.

4. My dad saw me watching "Too Many Pinkie Pies." That was terrible. It ended up with more explanation and criticism for pink cartoonish ponies (he saw Pinkie Pie).

5. My brother saw my steam account name once when I was a dashie. It was "Rainbow Dash" of course. It ended up with me explaining it and him watching the first three episodes.

6. One of my classmates saw the back of one of my spirals. I drew pony cutie marks all over it. It ended with him becoming an anti-brony and me disliking him greatly.

Edited by Twilight Sniper
  • Brohoof 2

Well, this is somewhat emberassing but it wasn't all that much, I'll try to list as many as I remember:

1. I was in a library using the computer and I felt like making OC's, so I went to the Pony OC maker created by General Zoi on Deviantart and some guy passed by me and chuckled and he just said "Are you kidding me?" but I just sighed happily and shaked my head as he went his way and I continued making my oc.

2. In school, we have our own school laptops and I was on YouTube watching Smile HD and there is a anti-brony in class and he saw me and he said "Oh, watching g** sh** ag-.... whoa, MLP is not bloody and gorey, what are you watching?" I reply "A parody kind of..." then more people saw and came be behind me and we all watched Smile HD and they kept asking why do I like MLP and stuff and I could not stop smiling, laughing, blushing.

3. My cousin saw me watching MLP on Tv and she was like "O_O".

4. My mom discovered I am a brony but she doesn't really care. :P

Whelp, those are all my emberassing Brony moments. :P

Edited by BrendenHoovesOkazaki
  • Brohoof 2

So my school is one that is going all techy so we had Ebooks and such so we all had laptops. Well when there's nothing to do or during lunch I write my fanfics. So i was talking to my friends at lunch. Since the school isn't to big and high schoolers are trusted more than the other grades we get to eat wherever. I was half typing and half talking and listening. I do try to keep my computer screen hidden when writing. Well i wasn't paying to much attention at the time.

Note: None of these friends were bronies to my knowledge at the time

I was yapping away and didn't notice another one of my friends behind me reading over my shoulder.

"So that's how Equastria was made? That's over used" He says. (It was something like that)

So now I panic. My face goes pale and eyes wide and i slam the laptop shut and just look at him. Now all my other friends are looking at me weird. Now after knowing someone until i can truly trust then i tell them I'm a brony. I was almost at that point with these people. My normal excuse for someone reading my fanfics was that you can't read it till it's done which is also true so my other friends don't question my writing because i call them stories not fanfics.

"How long have been back there?"

"I read the whole page"

"You, me this way. I'll be right back" So I walk him to a more sucluded place a few feet away.

"You can hate me or do whatever just don't tell anyone about this! I'll even pay you!" So he has the most smug look on his face right now and I'm thinking he is going to spill the beans to everyone.

"Pay me enough to buy a 20 percent cooler Tshirt" So my brain is like WAAAAAAAA.

"Wait what?"

"Brohoof?"

"...fine..." 

Edited by Airbornepony
  • Brohoof 6

My only embarrasing moment was when my cousin (Who knows i'm a brony) spammed "MLP LOVER" in an entire minecraft server, and everyone went silent for a while. However now I find it funny and think of it as just a joke :)

• Brohoof 3

I was in the girl toy's labelled aisle at Walmart. a mother and child walk right beside me and says "You know what aisle your in." Wasn't thinking at all during the time and said "I'm here for the ponies" as loud as possible. Ten thousand yard stare, liquefied me to the spot. 

• Brohoof 4