Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Microsoft Just Blew Their Own Foot Off.

FoxyCryptid

Again, everypony just calm down for two seconds.  I'm not a Microsoft fanboy, I'm just a gamer who's been quite satisfied in my experiences with choosing Microsoft's consoles as my gaming platform of choice (just getting that out there).  We're not going to possibly be able to figure out, determine, or even accurately speculate how good or bad the Xbox One will be on day one of its announcement.  Some things look quite promising about it, other things look worrisome, but I think it's rather silly for anyone to be flat-out saying right now that they for sure will love or hate this console.  Give it a chance to launch and sell (or just for Microsoft to release more concrete information about this thing for crying out loud) before you lose your heads over this thing, OK?  I get that it's a big purchase that people like to plan ahead for, but just CALM DOWN and wait at least for E3.

Don't believe me that it's silly to condemn something so quickly?  Well then think back to Kinect.  Now, does it still have a lot of problems in its functionality?  Yes, I'd readily admit that from firsthand experience with it.  BUT, before it released EVERYONE predicted that it was going to bomb and not sell at all.  What happened instead?  Kinect sold like hotcakes and blew Sony's Motion out of the water.  From a fiscal point of view, Kinect has been a resounding success with consumers.  So again, do not simply assume ON DAY ONE (can't emphasize that enough) of Xbox One's announcement that it's going to BOMB!!!

P.S. Apologies to anypony who disagreed with my Equestria Girls comparison, I wasn't trying to say it was specifically exact, simply that the reactions have been strikingly similar.  That's all.

Pffft. img-1486346-1-yay.png  Wii U's been selling far below Nintendo's estimations since its release.  Friend of mine who's actually involved in game development thinks they might even have to scrap the console altogether in the next year or so and develop one that can actually measure up to legitimate Eighth Generation consoles like the PS4 or the Xbox One (depending on how the latter do upon release and how the Wii U does in the next year or so).  Whether or not that happens is anybodies guess, but the FACT remains that Wii U has certainly not met Nintendo's expectations in sales as of yet, and that's when it was the only new console on the market.  Just saying, that doesn't bode well from a business perspective, nor does the fact that technologically many gamers have found it underwhelming.

Also, as for XBL, I've never minded paying for it, ya know why?  Cause my account never got hacked!  That's right, I'm pulling that card, but the point stands; while XBL certainly costs money, Microsoft has always delivered a high quality and secure experience in return.  I'm not saying Sony hasn't, from what I know PS3 owners are quite satisfied with the gaming capabilities of the PSN, but I have heard that its social functions are kinda lackluster.  But whatever, I'm not here for a console war; I'm just here to say AGAIN don't jump to any conclusions about a console when it was just announced not even 12 hours ago.  We'll just have to wait and see as new information comes out, new games are announced, and we learn more about both the PS4 and Xbox One's capabilities.  I know we all wish we could do more, but right now, as things stand, that's really all we can do: just wait and see. img-1486346-2-sleep.png

the only reason wii u sales are low is because its current game library is low, as i said

"who else thinks that wii u will sell twice as much as the xbox once some new games come out for it"

If I remember correctly, they only said they wouldn't cut-off used games completely, which they did not.

Still, this console sucks.

And why switch to PS4 when you can switch to PC?

PC has backwards compatibility, mods, more/better patches and bugfixes, cracked/fake servers to get around always online DRM, and PC games go on sale all the goddamn time.

$$$

I've got an old Dell with the V key popped out, and I can't shell out the money for a decent computer.

I was planning on buying the new Xbox, because some of the exclusives that it's going to have would've appealed to me (specifically, Forza games), but now not so much.

This just needlessly complicates the whole experience for me. I'm a casual gamer (at best) that just doesn't have a lot of money to spend on this stuff nor do I have the desire to do so. This just feels like it makes everything way too involved and I really don't like having accounts for everything I do. I also borrow games a lot which I couldn't do with this system.

So PS4 it is.

As for PC gaming, never. Too expensive, and I'd have to know/learn a bunch of stuff that I simply don't feel like learning. Given how little I actually game, I prefer the relative simplicity of consoles.

I was on the fence too, but the second I heard that I knew I would go for the PS4

Xbox One, it had to be the number one. Not 720, not 9000 (2001 Space Odyssey joke). Just, one.

Also it looks like a cross between a VCR and all the old stuff that I once had in the 90s.

9365077_zpsada8f2d7.jpg

the only reason wii u sales are low is because its current game library is low, as i said

"who else thinks that wii u will sell twice as much as the xbox once some new games come out for it"

Nope.

1. The Wii U is a failure. EA has scrapped their plans for anything for it, and they will probably be just the first to say "No, it's not worth it to us."

2. It's the XBOX. People will still buy it (sadly) no matter what.

I'll copy what I said on another forum

I don't care you get CoD DLC early.

I don't care about it being a TV.

I don't care about Kinect.

Now we can't play used games?

And to think I was actually considering switching back to.XBOX...

I don't care if it has diamonds on it, comes with Netflix or whatever. Shoot it can even be a microwave that gives me a hot bowl of hot spagheti and I still won't care. You know why?

I have satelite TV

I have a PS3 for a Blu-Ray, so there's no need for that.

I don't use Netflix

I don't tweet, search the internet or whatever. I have a phone and a computer for that.

I don't know about you guys, but I buy a console to play video games. In fact the only things I have on my PS3 is NHL Gamecenter.

• Brohoof 3

$$$

I've got an old Dell with the V key popped out, and I can't shell out the money for a decent computer.

I was on the fence too, but the second I heard that I knew I would go for the PS4

img-1486593-1-9365077_zpsada8f2d7.jpg

Nope.

1. The Wii U is a failure. EA has scrapped their plans for anything for it, and they will probably be just the first to say "No, it's not worth it to us."

2. It's the XBOX. People will still buy it (sadly) no matter what.

I'll copy what I said on another forum

I don't care you get CoD DLC early.

I don't care about it being a TV.

I don't care about Kinect.

Now we can't play used games?

And to think I was actually considering switching back to.XBOX...

I don't care if it has diamonds on it, comes with Netflix or whatever. Shoot it can even be a microwave that gives me a hot bowl of hot spagheti and I still won't care. You know why?

I have satelite TV

I have a PS3 for a Blu-Ray, so there's no need for that.

I don't use Netflix

I don't tweet, search the internet or whatever. I have a phone and a computer for that.

I don't know about you guys, but I buy a console to play video games. In fact the only things I have on my PS3 is NHL Gamecenter.

finally we get the realist

thankyou for posting

legit though, i can bet that nintendo will be making a handheld with cell phone service as well, because thats just how the market will be selling things in the next 20 years

• Brohoof 1

finally we get the realist

thankyou for posting

legit though, i can bet that nintendo will be making a handheld with cell phone service as well, because thats just how the market will be selling things in the next 20 years

Nintendo isn't my favorite company, but I do think they do great work on the handhelds and I definitely do see them pairing with a company like T-Mobile and releasing something like that someday.

• Brohoof 1

My question is how they are going to negotiate the reselling price and the activation fee for the used games. I understand the scheme is to give more control and power to the game developers in relation to the third party sellers like the Gamestop raking a fair amount of income by buying people's game for a peanut and sell them for ~80% of the retail price.

I assume the only way to make the resale scheme work is to still keep the buying used game+activation fee = still less than the new retail price. So does this mean then Gamestop and its ilks will have to at least cut the price to something like 40~50% of what they current sell for?

I really don't have much opposition to what they are trying to do. But this is going to open a whole can of worms because the third party vendors will have to negotiate the game price on an individual basis and I can't imagine the companies like Gamestop being happy with that.

Also, how are they going to lower the price for used games that's outdated and unpopular? Developers are not required to lower the activation fee just because the game is old or people don't buy their games alot. This means the thid party vendor will have to cut those kind of used games by a bigger margin to be able to clear their inventory.

(edited)

To be honest if I was a betting man, I would bet everything I own on Nintendo to outsell the other two this gen.  In fact I think I'm going to find out how to invest in companies and put 3/4ths of the cash I have saved up into Nintendo stock

The exclusives and unveiling of the new smash bros and other games they're working on is going to completely destroy their competition.  Just like how the 3ds is destroying the Vita

Edited by Titan Rising

Are they stupid? I would've much preferred an XBox 720 over an XBox One; the name alone is so generic and unappealingly bland. It's like someone sucked creative out of the room during the naming process, and the brand is everything. 

Their decisions never make any sense, it seems as though they're intentionally setting themselves up for failure. Perhaps they enjoy irritating their customers and driving them away in hordes. 

That console looks like something from the 90s, honestly, it's so... ugly.

Nintendo isn't my favorite company, but I do think they do great work on the handhelds and I definitely do see them pairing with a company like T-Mobile and releasing something like that someday.

Maybe, if they can actually overcome the Japanese business model; used to work in the 80's, but now, especially for something like a gaming company where creativity and innovation are so key, it's far too tradition oriented.  Sony at least gives it's Western branches leeway and freedom to create; Nintendo still thinks that the majority of social gaming takes place in the living room and are light years behind Microsoft and Sony in online gaming and capabilities in general.  I know that's not the only thing that makes a console, but let's be honest, it's a PRETTY BIG thing these days.

To be honest if I was a betting man, I would bet everything I own on Nintendo to outsell the other two this gen.  In fact I think I'm going to find out how to invest in companies and put 3/4ths of the cash I have saved up into Nintendo stock

The exclusives and unveiling of the new smash bros and other games they're working on is going to completely destroy their competition.  Just like how the 3ds is destroying the Vita

Again, I don't know; sure, they probably have more (and the oldest) exclusives of any company, but they've JUST started attracting third party developers, and with the Wii U sales going so slow I have a feeling most of those developers are going to drop Nintendo sooner or later.  3DS is admittedly selling well, but E3 could potentially be disastrous for Nintendo the way things are shaping up, and they're really having a hard time defining exactly WHO their customer base is in the post-Wii era; is it casual gamers, is it old school gamers, hardcore gamers, what? I honestly don't know, and I don't think Nintendo does either at the moment.  They relied almost entirely on casual gamers during the Wii era, but the problem with that strategy is it's an unreliable customer base.  Now they don't have nearly as many of those casual gamers in their corner anymore (most have abandoned console gaming entirely for easily accessible games like Angry Birds), and aside from their loyal fans, Nintendo really doesn't have that much to offer to hardcore gamers that it's trying to bring into the Nintendo fold.  In fact, it's almost a moot or fruitless point trying to even compare Nintendo games to the competition; not that their games are bad, just, so radically DIFFERENT in overall gameplay and design (for the most part) from the other two that there's really just no point in comparing them at all.

Again, those are just my thoughts, but at this point, if I was a betting man, I'd be paying far closer attention to Microsoft and Sony than Nintendo.  It's gotten to the point where for me, it's no longer even the Big Three, just the Big Two.  Case in point, I hear no one (and I mean NO ONE) ever refer to the Wii U as an Eighth Generation console.  Why?  From what I've heard, most reviews report that at best it does certain things as good as the CURRENT consoles, and at worst it's even inferior in certain other respects to those.  Just what I've heard, but still, it's had such a poor launch without any competition, I can only imagine what'll actually happen when it gets Eighth Gen competition this fall.

(edited)

You guys know that a decent PC can be built for, like... $400-$500, right?

Sell a 360, don't buy a XB1 and 2 new games, and there's a PC, right there smile.png

I mean, I don't want to be rude or tell anyone they have to get a PC, and I understand that some people have a family console that couldn't be replaced by a PC, but a decent PC isn't much more than the cost of a new console and 2-3 new console games.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

You guys know that a decent PC can be built for, like... $400-$500, right?

Sell a 360, don't buy a XB1 and 2 new games, and there's a PC, right there smile.png

I mean, I don't want to be rude or tell anyone they have to get a PC, but a decent PC isn't much more than the cost of a new console and 2-3 new console games.

But how long does one that cheap last? I have a laptop that can run Fallout 3 at max settings, but can't even attempt to run Skyrim. A PC needs to be more than "decent" to be worth the investment. 

PS4 reveal: People complaining about not seeing the system, xbox fanboys getting all big and puffy

Xbox One reveal: Xbox fanboys start hating on it and either are expecting better from PS4 or go to PC

You know...I kind of hope that Microsoft has some good stuff lined up for E3 or there goes their last chance unless Sony pulls a fast one price wise. 

But how long does one that cheap last? I have a laptop that can run Fallout 3 at max settings, but can't even attempt to run Skyrim. A PC needs to be more than "decent" to be worth the investment. 

If you take care of your PC, 5-10 years. You basically are buying a console with lots more features, capabilities, and power. I bought a decent PC for 400$, put in a new graphics card and power supply and bam! I am running stuff like a champ now. You will be looking around 600-800 for a good one that runs anything, even if it isn't at max ultra settings.  

A fair amount of time if you build it yourself, especially if you can find good deals.

And it doesn't make sense that your laptop is powerful enough to run FO3 on max but not Skyrim on min. A few of Skyrim's requirements are even lower than FO3s.

Speaking of which, I need to actually play FO3 all the way through for once... :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

PS4 reveal: People complaining about not seeing the system, xbox fanboys getting all big and puffy

Xbox One reveal: Xbox fanboys start hating on it and either are expecting better from PS4 or go to PC

You know...I kind of hope that Microsoft has some good stuff lined up for E3 or there goes their last chance unless Sony pulls a fast one price wise. 

If you take care of your PC, 5-10 years. You basically are buying a console with lots more features, capabilities, and power. I bought a decent PC for 400$, put in a new graphics card and power supply and bam! I am running stuff like a champ now. You will be looking around 600-800 for a good one that runs anything, even if it isn't at max ultra settings.  

I'm talking more like staying current, not how long before it blows. I don't a computer that's going to need $200 worth of upgrades a year from now, when I console I buy once and I'm done for this gen. I want PC to last for a few years before I have to work on it. 

A fair amount of time if you build it yourself, especially if you can find good deals.

And it doesn't make sense that your laptop is powerful enough to run FO3 on max but not Skyrim on min. A few of Skyrim's requirements are even lower than FO3s.

Speaking of which, I need to actually play FO3 all the way through for once... tongue.png

SystemRequirmentsLab through a massive fit about the video-card,(it's a 256MB ATI) with Skyrim, yet the Fallout3 lancher did a auto-check and said "were good, here's max settings, have a ball". 

I do want a Gaming PC, but my build-plan is like $1100 including the monitor I don't have the source of income to save that much yet. 

Edited by Shoboni

But how long does one that cheap last?

There are several sites that make it a contest to create $500-ish PC builds that can run the latest games extremely well. Add the additional functionality of your typical PC to that equation, and the "PC is too expensive" argument becomes a completely moot point.

A decent PC includeds a 299-399 Video card ... at lest 8 gig of ddr3 and a quad core of 3.0ghz+ ... wouldn't go any lower then that... depending on the  Video card and ether a i5/i7 or a 8core depends how long the system will last..

A properly built pc sohudl last 3 years before a video card needs replaceing and about 7 years before a entire system needs replacing

Normal price is aorun 799-999 depedning on parts and sales

A decent PC includeds a 299-399 Video card ... at lest 8 gig of ddr3 and a quad core of 3.0ghz+ ... wouldn't go any lower then that... depending on the  Video card and ether a i5/i7 or a 8core depends how long the system will last..

A properly built pc sohudl last 3 years before a video card needs replaceing and about 7 years before a entire system needs replacing

Where are you getting prices from? That sounds absurd to even me. You don't need a $300 video card at all, You can get a good one for under $150 if you look. 

wat

Are you particularly hard on your computers? I have boxes from the late 90s that still run their old games as well as they used to.

But yeah, if you absolutely have to have every game at max settings, you have to replace your video card more frequently. And awesome video cards cost that much. If you're fine with a good one, it'll only run you $150-$200ish.

(edited)

If I remember correctly, they only said they wouldn't cut-off used games completely, which they did not.

Still, this console sucks.

And why switch to PS4 when you can switch to PC?

PC has backwards compatibility, mods, more/better patches and bugfixes, cracked/fake servers to get around always online DRM, and PC games go on sale all the goddamn time.

True, but i'm more accustomed to a console. Not saying I don't play my PC games and don't appreciate them, I do like them. But I don't get the feeling that playing a console gives me when I do so. Also you need to purchase an expensive computer to play most games today when I can just pay 300-600 on a console that can do it. I do like PC but nothing can replace the roots of this tree of entertainment. :I   

Edited by Fiddles

Having Sony and Microsoft systems I would have to say Sony. I have dropped my ps3 a good amout of times while playing games and it didn't freeze, kill itself, nothing just kept trucking on. On microsoft X-Box 360 It was sliding off its stand, so I picked it up and put it on the stand, not only did it freeze, I had to restore my data cause it got whiped. Therefore I thing Sony superior. Simple, easy to use, no bs.

(edited)

Where are you getting prices from? That sounds absurd to even me. You don't need a $300 video card at all, You can get a good one for under $150 if you look. 

a 7770 or a  650 may go for 150sih but there crap for gaming...  and any thing lower is not gaming hardware.

the lowest card any one should consider is ether 480, 570+, 660ti+ on the ati side 6870, 6950+ or 7870 or 7950+ which start price is roughly $230+

personlly I have a NVidia 560Ti 448core (570) @ 1250mb Vram. and its way out of date now. I waiting for the 760Ti/770/780

wat

Are you particularly hard on your computers? I have boxes from the late 90s that still run their old games as well as they used to.

But yeah, if you absolutely have to have every game at max settings, you have to replace your video card more frequently. And awesome video cards cost that much. If you're fine with a good one, it'll only run you $150-$200ish.

no im not hard on my systems,  video card in perticulur  see a architecture redesign  rough ever 2 years (2 Gens) so it makes sense to replay a card ever 2 years.

I personlly build a new pc ever 3 years right along side ever major windows release, My current pc is would 2200$ and in 2 1/2 or so I be replace it when windows 9 hits RTM.  Thats the same time I'll sell my current PC. in the long run it cost me jsut over 800 ever 3 year to build a pc after I sell my latest rig.

I also tend to run in ether SLI mode or CF mode.. my last system was a 3-way Cross  fire... 

@ https://imageshack.us/a/img28/2950/img0501pt.jpg CF-3-Way 5770 (total 3GIG vram)

my current system is @ https://imageshack.us/a/img22/5143/img6847v.jpg 1-560TI 448 (570) @ 1250mb Vram

my oldest system that is now 3 Gens behind is @ https://imageshack.us/a/img837/396/stb0088.jpg (SLI 2-8600GT 256 Vram (512mb Total)

Edited by MadDoggyca

pfft. I only use Xbox to play Sonic Mega Collection Plus (Collection of all of the retro sonic games.) and Skyrim. I'm a more PC gamer, so this dosen't affect me too much. I might actually buy a Wii U now.

• Brohoof 1

Glad I jumped ships and bought a gaming laptop instead of saving my cash for a new console, because honestly both the PS4 and the Xbox One look like crap.

Digital games tied to accounts? Can't play Xbox and Xbox 360 games? So you're telling me all the games that I have on discs are worthless now? Who thought this was a good idea? Don't most people trade in their old consoles to get money off of the new one? That's what I always did. Well if you do that all those games on discs are worthless now. Remember the PSP Go, Microsoft? Remember how that worked out? It can't even play Xbox 360 and Xbox games? Why? That's so dumb. I thought this was the new high-tech Xbox 1, and you're telling it can't even play games from 2006? That doesn't sound very hi-tech to me.

Oh, but it can be used as a TV remote? Can't the Kinect already do that? Oh, but it can run background apps. You mean like my iPhone? I hate my iPhone, and I hate this Xbox 1 piece of crap too.

And you know what? I can forgive all of that. All of it. If they just had a nice series of launch titles. I don't care about the console, I care about the games on it. I bought a 3DS, it's not a hardcore console, and I'm not much of a fan of 3D, but it had good games, so I bought it. I don't care if it's not meant for hardcore gamers. I don't care that it's 3D (The 3D's actually pretty good, I'm impressed with it) I care about the games it has. And it has a lot. I can name 13 off of the top of my head on the 3DS. How many can I name for Xbox 1? ZERO.

And don't give me any of that bullshit about "Oh, they're gonna announce them at E3" why release the console NOW if they were planning on doing that? Why not just unveil it at E3? This whole presentation was terrible, and it is unacceptable. It's been proven time and time again that the more launch titles you have with your console, the better it sells.

THEY DIDN'T EVEN TRY.

All Microsoft is doing is saving the good stuff and the details for E3. Plus, all of the stuff they showed off was mainly for the entertainment industry. You have to admit the quick responses from the Kinect and switching screens to multitasking is pretty cool. Its also not always online, it just greatly enhances the experience. As for the fee on used games, its fine. They will most likely integrate sales like on Steam. Also used games were taking alot of the profit away from the developers, im sorry but it's their game and they deserve the money they make from the sales. I don't like the name for it though. Just wait till E3 to make your decision. For crying out loud its in a few weeks. That's when we will get our games. So take it easy, don't be so quick to judge. Funny how I have to say this to fellow ponies.

(edited)

pfft. I only use Xbox to play Sonic Mega Collection Plus (Collection of all of the retro sonic games.) and Skyrim. I'm a more PC gamer, so this dosen't affect me too much. I might actually buy a Wii U now.

For the love Luna, if you have a 360 and like Sega, get this, it's got like 50 games on it:

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Ultimate-Genesis-Collection-Xbox-360/dp/B001G3AZS2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369191121&sr=8-1&keywords=ultimate+genesis+collection

wat

But yeah, if you absolutely have to have every game at max settings, you have to replace your video card more frequently. And awesome video cards cost that much. If you're fine with a good one, it'll only run you $150-$200ish

a 7770 or a  650 may go for 150sih but there crap for gaming...  and any thing lower is not gaming hardware.

the lowest card any one should consider is ether 480, 570+, 660ti+ on the ati side 6870, 6950+ or 7870 or 7950+ which start price is roughly $230+

personlly I have a NVidia 560Ti 448core (570) @ 1250mb Vram. and its way out of date now. I waiting for the 760Ti/770/780

no im not hard on my systems,  video card in perticulur  see a architecture redesign  rough ever 2 years (2 Gens) so it makes sense to replay a card ever 2 years.

I personlly build a new pc ever 3 years right along side ever major windows release, My current pc is would 2200$ and in 2 1/2 or so I be replace it when windows 9 hits RTM.  Thats the same time I'll sell my current PC. in the long run it cost me jsut over 800 ever 3 year to build a pc after I sell my latest rig.

I also tend to run in ether SLI mode or CF mode.. my last system was a 3-way Cross  fire... 

https://imageshack.us/a/img28/2950/img0501pt.jpg CF-3-Way 5770 (total 3GIG vram)

my current system is @ https://imageshack.us/a/img22/5143/img6847v.jpg 1-560TI 448 (570) @ 1250mb Vram

my oldest system that is now 3 Gens behind is @ https://imageshack.us/a/img837/396/stb0088.jpg (SLI 2-8600GT 256 Vram (512mb Total)

This is the build I worked out, I'd like to get(pending updates if better parts are cheaper when I get he money)

1TB HDD

Intel Core i5-3570(3.4GHZ, Quad-Core)

22" HD LCD Monitor - 16:9

GeForce GT 640(2GB DDR3, has HDMI and standard video port)

650W PSU

8GB DDR3 RAM

Intel Motherboard(2 USB 3.0, 4 USB 2.0, and the case I picked has one more of each and extra audio jacks)

Blu-Ray Drive(Also burns and reads DVDs and CDs)

Wireless Card

Edited by Shoboni

(edited)

I would Drop the 640 its complete garbage. Mainly used for Setup Box for pc and that about it. get a 660TI minimal if you want to game with medum/high setting or a 670/680 for ultra setting...
other then that system looks good for atlest 3-5 years  life span. That i5 is a quad core with NO hyper Threading (1 Thread pre a core clock cycle) but it still gaming worthy

Fyi that  640  card is a rebranded GeForce GT 545 (DDR3). That GDDR 3 is really slow...
When it comes to Video Card more Memory is not nessery better

You want  to look for higher core clock speed, Transistors, &  Cores..... for  Nvidia cards anywazs...
More Vram is only good if your useing Multi monitors  for Massive high res, 2400x2000 + Rez

I just really want to stress that card is CRAP, Its not even a decent card for PhysX only card img-1487341-1-sad.png.... I won;t even offer it to my dog to use.. .Or chew on for that fact...

The 650/650ti is the lowest I would recemend for Dedicated PhysX only & 660 SLI for gaming, Or 660ti+ for single card gaming or SLI gaming...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_600_Series to compaire cards in the 6xx line up

---

Edit :
If money is a issue I highly suggest Craigs list or another local buy/sell market, and look for some one selling a used

470, 480

560Ti, 570, 580
for a decent price and take that route.. all the above will overkill the preformance of the card your suggesting

So real Advice.  If you spend cheap now, you'll pay more in the long run. So don;t rush out any buidl a system right away... if ya have to wait a bit and save up a little more.. your thank your self for doing so and the resale value will be longer and higher if you plan to flip it later

Edited by MadDoggyca