Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Microsoft Just Blew Their Own Foot Off.

FoxyCryptid

(edited)

Yeah... well Xbox sucks who cares, no new stuff here ever since the release of the Kinect they threw away everything they cared for his legions of Xbots now they are selling a console that watches TV plays COD, has tons of EA sports games and lets you have a virtual dog instead of RL friends. Who cares for that kind of crap.

Any way HERE IS THE REAL BEST REVEAL THIS WEEK!!!!!

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 1

The whole time watching the conference I kept saying to myself, "Boy that is as real fancy home entertainment system, but I thought this was the new xbox unveil, where is the games?"

To be fair I do think that some of the idea are a nice feature, such as being able to  "snap" two applications. 

With that said however it does not detract from the negatives of an "always online" system and the fact that we are seeing the same three or four games again. 

I understand that companies have to turn a profit and will do so on markets that they no are in fact profitable, but I think we are all tired of the constant EA sports game and whatever Activision is slapping the  COD label on these days. 

Personally I will be taking the money that I would have spent on a console and using it to build a nice gaming and media rig or the girlfriend, brother, and myself. 

Yeah... well Xbox sucks who cares, no new stuff here ever since the release of the Kinect they threw away everything they cared for his legions of Xbots now they are selling a console that watches TV plays COD, has tons of EA sports games and lets you have a virtual dog instead of RL friends. Who cares for that kind of crap.

Any way HERE IS THE REAL BEST REVEAL THIS WEEK!!!!!

no way this is what worth waiting for. any one for the late 80's early 90's will agree. any one past 2000 will be like. ?WTF are u talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6d1A2row6I

This need to  hit steamWorks ^^^^

The problem is that in order for any console to succeed, it needs a library of games. Which means that you need companies to make games for you. This leads to, well, the XBOX ONE, which seems to be marketed towards developers/publishers instead of gamers.

Extreme DRM solutions? Check. Constant stream of information about gamers and their habits so you can market stuff to them more effectively? Check.

The other side of the coin is of course that if you alienate your customers entirely with BS, they won't get your system anyway. So you need to find a middle ground. Somewhere between keeping the publishers/devs happy so they'll make games for your system and keeping gamers happy so they'll actually be excited about the system. It's tough because these needs seem to contradict each other. It of course gets even more complicated when you realize why the companies want these measures, which is to please an entirely different group of people, namely shareholders, who hear buzzwords like piracy and billions lost and want to know what's being done about them.

-Kotaku comments

But at least there was some good that came out of this reveal:

ku-xlarge.gif

18LTjdY.jpg

(edited)

btw for any one thinking of a gaming rig with a buget ether small or large or something in between and don't know were to start I be more then happy to build you one with suggest part and prices from newegg, Tigerdirect and other place...  Ether pm me here or or ask for my skype if you want a real time covertion and build

Just remmember I do not factor in Taxs or shipping

Edited by MadDoggyca

I have noticed that I haven't played my xbox in a while, I have been playing PC. I just love all the custom content on PC like that MLP stealth suit voice mod in Fallout: New Vegas. Good thing I am getting a job during the summer and I have a birthday in the summer. Time to save up on a better PC.

• Brohoof 1

Indeed they did. To me, the appeal of a game console has always been the ability to just put in a game and play it with no fluff- Xbox One doesn't seem like it wants to make this easy, with the blocking of used games and the always online requirement. Point is, I'm not going Xbox One and I don't think it will sell well at all, not to mention the name is stupid... :/

Again, I don't know; sure, they probably have more (and the oldest) exclusives of any company, but they've JUST started attracting third party developers, and with the Wii U sales going so slow I have a feeling most of those developers are going to drop Nintendo sooner or later.  3DS is admittedly selling well, but E3 could potentially be disastrous for Nintendo the way things are shaping up, and they're really having a hard time defining exactly WHO their customer base is in the post-Wii era; is it casual gamers, is it old school gamers, hardcore gamers, what? I honestly don't know, and I don't think Nintendo does either at the moment.  They relied almost entirely on casual gamers during the Wii era, but the problem with that strategy is it's an unreliable customer base.  Now they don't have nearly as many of those casual gamers in their corner anymore (most have abandoned console gaming entirely for easily accessible games like Angry Birds), and aside from their loyal fans, Nintendo really doesn't have that much to offer to hardcore gamers that it's trying to bring into the Nintendo fold.  In fact, it's almost a moot or fruitless point trying to even compare Nintendo games to the competition; not that their games are bad, just, so radically DIFFERENT in overall gameplay and design (for the most part) from the other two that there's really just no point in comparing them at all.

Again, those are just my thoughts, but at this point, if I was a betting man, I'd be paying far closer attention to Microsoft and Sony than Nintendo.  It's gotten to the point where for me, it's no longer even the Big Three, just the Big Two.  Case in point, I hear no one (and I mean NO ONE) ever refer to the Wii U as an Eighth Generation console.  Why?  From what I've heard, most reviews report that at best it does certain things as good as the CURRENT consoles, and at worst it's even inferior in certain other respects to those.  Just what I've heard, but still, it's had such a poor launch without any competition, I can only imagine what'll actually happen when it gets Eighth Gen competition this fall.

The internet is a poor indicator of support for a console.  I don't really care whether people call the Wii U next gen or not, it will most likely (at the very least) get watered down ports of xbox one and ps4 3rd party games and that's enough for me, and to be honest the difference in graphics probably won't be that large either.  Assuming the PS4 and Xboxone are over $450 each Nintendo has a clear path to victory with their library of exclusives the way I see it.

While microsoft is showing off their 15 crappy exclusives Nintendo is going to be unveiling smash bros, mario kart and new IPs of their own.  And I'm not sure what Sony is going to unveil in terms of exclusives.  While the WiiU isn't doing extremely well right now, they do undoubtedly have a leg up on their competition in software and in the end I think thats where it counts

tumblr_mn681xeiCK1r561lco1_1280.jpg

Forgive me if I'm not exactly jumping on the "Wii U haz no gaemz" bandwagon that everyone else seems to be riding these days. Call me old fashioned, but I'm not all that thrilled about Call of Sports TV.

• Brohoof 1

I think this article from Kotaku is very relevant.
http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

Especially these two bits of info.

Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend’s house – should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile.

Thank god for that at least. tongue.png

Another very insetting things though...

"We will have a solution—we’re not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online," Harrison said.

Diablo III Auction house all over again anyone? x)
I can see that tuning into it's own economy, and unless Microsoft give a damn to keep things balanced it's going to get out of hand relatively quickly.

@@DusK
Don't forget that Microsoft have a lot more exclusives to revel, most of them will probably be shown at E3 this year. Sony could well do the same, so comparing the Wii U to two consoles that we still don'tknow much about isn't exactly fair.

Personally... I'm even more skeptical of the One after watching the revel then before. I'm with the majority of people that I don't care about all the entertainment BS. If I was to get one it would to play games. This is why Sony had more of my interest as they seem to be focusing primarily on games.

As for subscriptions, since I got a PS3 I much prefer the + over Gold because, I actuality feel rewarded for paying, and that it's not something I "have" to do. Sony not only give you a bunch of discounts each month, but free games too. With Gold I saw hardly any of that.
I wouldn't be so touchy about paying for multilayer if I actuality regularly used it. Most of the games that utilise it though I can easily play on the PC, and as for the exclusives like Halo, I haven't been able to play FPS's on console for a long time now having gotton used to the freedom of using a mouse.

It's no real surprise either that it took the a new console for Infinity Ward finally to make a new engine for CoD. It just shows how console focused they are. It will be interesting to see how it turns out on PC. I feel it's just wishful thinking to hope for anything different though. x)

As for Nintendo? It's clear they screwed up their game lineup for the Wii U, just like with the 3DS. You think they would have learnt something but even now their still very slowly opening up to 3rd party developers.

I don't think it's going to completely fail, it's just going to take time until games more regularly start coming out. They have a very good lineup planned but... wherever it will come in time is hard to say. People have already stopped caring about Nintendo because their taking just too god damn long. It's clearly not going to be popular as the Wii, that's for sure.

All in all... this year's E3 is going to be very interesting, and I know a lot of people including myself will be watching it very closely to see what happens.

OH MAN

Thank you for showing that to me

Mega collection just has about 20 games on it (And only 'round 3 good ones that I play), so that looks sweet.

I'm going to bug my parents now

• Brohoof 1

Congratulations, Microsoft. Congratulations. >_>

I mean that in every sarcastic way possible. This definitely seals me going to Sony. Giving up? No, I'll wait and see how this develops. Maybe they'll fine-tune their design and make it more flexible if the public expresses their views, maybe they won't. Digging the new controller, though. *shrug*

• Brohoof 1

The internet is a poor indicator of support for a console.  I don't really care whether people call the Wii U next gen or not, it will most likely (at the very least) get watered down ports of xbox one and ps4 3rd party games and that's enough for me, and to be honest the difference in graphics probably won't be that large either.  Assuming the PS4 and Xboxone are over $450 each Nintendo has a clear path to victory with their library of exclusives the way I see it.

While microsoft is showing off their 15 crappy exclusives Nintendo is going to be unveiling smash bros, mario kart and new IPs of their own.  And I'm not sure what Sony is going to unveil in terms of exclusives.  While the WiiU isn't doing extremely well right now, they do undoubtedly have a leg up on their competition in software and in the end I think thats where it counts

I'll be the first to admit that Microsoft doesn't have that many exclusives; in fact, those 15 launch titles you mentioned, only about 2 or 3 of those are console exclusive, the rest will be multiplatform.  I said earlier (maybe in another post or another thread, I can't remember which) that Nintendo undeniably has the most exclusives, and probably the oldest as well.  But you can't just assume that they're going to attract most third party developers with the Wii U just because they launched with a few they'd never had before.  Companies like Ubisoft basically said, "It's a new console, we'll give it a shot for now"; but the way things have been going in terms of Wii U's sales, in addition to Wii U's still very limited online and technological capabilities (which are critical to the gaming experience of so many of Sony and Microsoft's multiplatform titles) doesn't exactly provide third party developers with much incentive to develop Wii U versions of their games.

I think software is where it counts as well in the long run (though to be honest, many of my gaming friends think that the Wii U was rushed to market and could've been a far more polished product, and hardware is still a critical feature in measuring a console), but again, in the age of online console gaming, the definition of "software" extends to far more than just games themselves, and includes basically any of a console's entertainment, social, and online capabilities.  Look, I want Nintendo to do well, I really do, but the fact remains they pretty much botched Wii U's release by rushing it to market to get it out a year ahead of Microsoft and Sony, and so far that strategy really hasn't paid off.  They haven't been able to retain the mass of casual gamers that flocked to the Wii last generation, they haven't really attracted that many hardcore gamers away from Microsoft and Sony; way I see it, the best they're looking at right now is retaining the always loyal (and admittedly large) fanbase of old school Nintendo gamers as their primary customer base with the Wii U.  While they may do well in the long run, especially in the exclusives department, I think at this point, barring something like a drastic and major price cut, the Wii U's going to significantly under-perform in sales compared to the Wii.

img-1487978-1-tumblr_mn681xeiCK1r561lco1

Forgive me if I'm not exactly jumping on the "Wii U haz no gaemz" bandwagon that everyone else seems to be riding these days. Call me old fashioned, but I'm not all that thrilled about Call of Sports TV.

Personally, that just got me pissed.

It took them a long enough time to get Pikmin 3 rolling around for the Wii U? That's kind of insane considering the fact 1 and 2 were made for Gamecube at the time.

Might as well blow my money on a console that I don't even want just to play 1 game.

Meh, I just play the games. Plus, the people at Microsoft need to eat too, so I say whatever. Then again, I crave the ability to go against the grain.

They're already making obscene amounts of money. This is just them wanting money for sales they have absolutely no right to get paid from. It's pure greed and nothing more .. 

img-1487978-1-tumblr_mn681xeiCK1r561lco1

My only problem with this, though this post is true to an extent, Nintendo has the tendancy to go guns ablazing in the first year or so of the console's life cycle and then just stops until the last few years of it's life while Sony will keep making them throughout the consoles life cycle which will add up fast. Wii U is still worth getting though because Nintendo. Other than that the other problem with Wii U is it has had so many devs back out from it, I am not sure if it will be getting all the 3rd party support it was going to originally get. 

I am still waiting until after E3 to form a full opinion, but I must say atm the cons outweigh the pros. I am especially turned away by the used game fee. I think I will go Wii U and PS4.

Currently, I'm trying to decided whether or not to get into shooting games.

Reading this makes me want to stay where I am. So far to be the Xbox One looks like a bad console, and it definitely won't be my first. I'm leaning towards the PS4; I might split the cost with my brother.

My only thought is:

Why?

• Brohoof 1