Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Telling your parents you're a brony

Ezynell

While I don't really remember, I believe I simply started watching episodes on the tv and then my parents would see me watching it. Their reactions though were well not much honestly, then again having a younger sister and as I would watch many of the episodes with her there really wasn't much to be said. Other then they didn't really like that I was but you know I would watch so many cartoons anyway so why would they be any more upset about my little pony then other shows haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched it when the first couple seasons came out, and my mom is quite aware about me liking the show. I really returned to the fandom recently and you wouldn't know I was a brony unless i explicitly told you, as I have 0 pony related stuff publicly displayed.

The most they ever did was make fun of my stuff. Said it’s for babies and such. Never really cared what they thought and honestly they only ever made a comment when they saw something of it. They never really came into my room much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Actually, I told my mom recently when she asked me about my pony merch in my room. I had to admit that I like MLP because, well, I can't lie about it at this point! :mlp_icwudt: She didn't seem to mind it much.

• 6 months later...

A few months after my mom and my grandma found out, I told my dad that I was into MLP because he noticed that my MLP collection was growing. He pretty much thinks bronies are weird, “100% weird” to quote him.

My parents found out I was a brony pretty damn quick after my becoming one, I was ordering clothing, and ridiculously outspoken about my love for the show... Lol this was at a point in my life where 2013, I had basically removed what was considered "friends"/"the social life" very shortly prior to my discovery of the show, I used to be addicted to hard drugs and it was at a transitioning point in my life, unfortunately I had relapsed a few times due to the nature of my work (this was 2015-2017) but I am proudly 4 and half years completely clean of narcotics, but the reason why this is so relevant was bc I had removed all of the ppl from my life that were drug influences and instead replaced for an addiction I never in a million years would have thought I had, one that ultimately has changed my life forever. Yeah my parents were cool with me taking exuberant amounts of money to go out of state to pony conventions, I mean it was all my money anyway, but they never had a "problem" with me being a brony, especially bc I was holding down an OT job at the time, they would be cool with me commanding the TV every Saturday afternoon when I got home, they knew what time it was lol.. but ultimately, I made a big stumble when I withdrew myself from this fandom, and at times just bc of my appearance, and life experiences, past aquaintances, and other interests, ppl want to "test the validity" of my bronydom, which is borderline ridiculous seeing as I've sunk thousands of hrs, dollars, I've been more than enthusiastic about my association with MLP, I have a damn Applejack tattoo for God sake, it's just funny to me that some ppl dont want you to enjoy things that genuinely make you happy, bc they see you becoming a better person, associating with positive influences, wanting to make TRUE TRUE FRIENDS, I will find all of the real friends I so selfishly lost, you can't ever put ambition above friendship, think that one is a Rarity lesson.. I love this show so much, all of these things I've referenced about myself though is WHY, I LOVE Starlight and Sunset so much, I mean Sunset is so relatable through context, bc ppl don't ever let it go through out Rainbow Rocks, they keep mocking a dark era of her life that she's trying to let go of. And Starlight, yes losing "a friend"(one that's real) is enough to make someone give up on genuine friendships and try to manipulate rather than understand, she has control issues, and she was never used to not being the micromanager of everypony else, MOST IMPROVED PONY, sorry I ALWAYS ramble guys, I just have a lot of enthusiasm about a lot of the characters in this show and what they represent to me...

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...