Banner by ~ Sparklefan1234

Telling your parents you're a brony

At first, they were pretty shocked at me because they thought I had regressed and was now watching something really childish. :twismile: But fast forward a year-and-a-half and now, my mother and I watch episodes every week together and she has become quite the fan! (Spike’s her favourite!) :BornAgainBrony: 

They are now completely accepting of it and now that they know what a brony is, they understand its appeal so much more! :wub:

• Brohoof 4
Badges

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine was more along the lines of "You watch MLP?" "Yeah, but not the one you're thinking of. Think Powerpuff Girls." "Huh. Okay then."   Subject dropped. My parents are pretty cool.

Liking MLP:FiM doesn't make you gay, but it does makes you fabulous!

Posted Images

While I don't really remember, I believe I simply started watching episodes on the tv and then my parents would see me watching it. Their reactions though were well not much honestly, then again having a younger sister and as I would watch many of the episodes with her there really wasn't much to be said. Other then they didn't really like that I was but you know I would watch so many cartoons anyway so why would they be any more upset about my little pony then other shows haha.

Badges

• 2 weeks later...

I watched it when the first couple seasons came out, and my mom is quite aware about me liking the show. I really returned to the fandom recently and you wouldn't know I was a brony unless i explicitly told you, as I have 0 pony related stuff publicly displayed.

Badges

The most they ever did was make fun of my stuff. Said it’s for babies and such. Never really cared what they thought and honestly they only ever made a comment when they saw something of it. They never really came into my room much.

Badges

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Actually, I told my mom recently when she asked me about my pony merch in my room. I had to admit that I like MLP because, well, I can't lie about it at this point! :mlp_icwudt: She didn't seem to mind it much.

• Hug 1
Badges