Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Telling your parents you're a brony

Ezynell

I haven't told my parents yet... But I went to my sister once about it and asked her to watch the Know Your Meme video on it, she stopped it halfway though and said "its seven minutes, im borrreddd."

I also brought it up at dinner time. My sister said "what's a bronie?" Normal reaction: i panicked. i said i would search it up after tea. I ran upstairs and went on the computer for half an hour and came out with a result. i said "its men who watch mlp fim" and my mum and sister laughed, while looking at me sweating and visibly shaken. I think they forgot about it but i also think they are on to me. HELP.

Send an email to your mom like the one I sent to my dad, he began to respect my opinion after that. Also there are famous people who are bronies, you could bring them up.

Doesn't sound like too bad of a situation to me. Them finding out is not always a bad thing, I'm sure they will be surprised but if they are accepting then surely it will be for the better and you won't have to hide your ponies ;)

^What Rarity said. It's basically a matter where if you don't make a big deal about it (shaking, sweating, stuttering, etc.), then they won't make a big deal about it.

Send an email to your mom like the one I sent to my dad, he began to respect my opinion after that. Also there are famous people who are bronies, you could bring them up.

There are? The only one i know of is that guy from twilight that plays the vampire and i don't even know if that was offical...

There are? The only one i know of is that guy from twilight that plays the vampire and i don't even know if that was offical...

There's Stephen Colbert, Now Notch, and the Yogscast (1,000,000 subs on YouTube) posted a video about it today!

• Brohoof 1

when my mom found out (or i pretty much told her...kinda)-

me:*pulls up funny clip of mlp fim* hey mom, look,

mom:...is that my little pony?

me: yes.

mom: *laughs a bit.*

when my brother found out-

me: *watching ponies*

brother: ....your gay

me: .......but im a girl...

when my dad found out-

me: *watching ponies on ipod*

dad: what are you watching?

me: my little pony.

dad: okay.

It was not very hard for me. i guess its harder for bronys then pegasisters. *bows head in respect for bronies*

• Brohoof 2

when my brother found out-

me: *watching ponies*

brother: ....your gay

me: .......but im a girl...

... wat. :blink:

Dare I ask how old he is?

There's Stephen Colbert, Now Notch, and the Yogscast (1,000,000 subs on YouTube) posted a video about it today!

Wow, that's awesome...maybe if good word spreads it will become more accepted.

But I have the strangest feeling in me that I would prefer if it not become accepted, maybe I'm afraid it will change the fanbase, maybe I just feel like I'm in an exclusive fandom and would like it to stay that way but it's kinda a weird way to think I guess :blink:

• Brohoof 1

Wow, that's awesome...maybe if good word spreads it will become more accepted.

But I have the strangest feeling in me that I would prefer if it not become accepted, maybe I'm afraid it will change the fanbase, maybe I just feel like I'm in an exclusive fandom and would like it to stay that way but it's kinda a weird way to think I guess :blink:

Me too, if it becomes accepted, everybody will join, making the fan base a regular one. Now, mostly timid people and accepting people join, no ignorant bronies. Thats what causes the awesome fanbase.

• Brohoof 1

My parents are separated so I live with my grandparents. I haven't exactly told them, they just found out over time from seeing me watching it and from various pony merch I get in the mail. They seem to be pretty cool with it even though I haven't explained why I like it.

Holy crap are you my double or something? I live with my grandparents too O_O

Anyway My family found out via facebook.

Now, mostly timid people and accepting people join, no ignorant bronies. Thats what causes the awesome fanbase.

There are plenty of loud, offensive, annoying, etc, MLP fans - thankfully in many cases they simply seem content to stick to the places that are better suited for them. ;)

my younger brother finds it fun to tease me when i watch it ever since he found out. he has however stated that it's good that i can watch something that'll make me happy, though.

my father was the first one to find out. he's accepting towards it, and i've ben able to get various pony merch via him, including brushables from Toys 'R Us and shirts of the internet. kinda same deal with my mother.

my older brother has only caught me watching it once, but seems to be overall accepting towards it.

admittedly my anxiousness made it harder to let this out at first than it really should be, but that's just me being me.

• Brohoof 1

My Dad watches the yogscast (He plays minecraft, quite the fan)

And the day when the new Mine Little Pony mod came out, about 2 hours later, my dad and

me went in the car to go get something to eat. And he brung a subject about the yogscast. And I was like

''What this time, new mod?'' And he said ''Yes, did you watch it'' And I replied ''Uhm.. Yes'' with a red face...

Then he went, ''Yenno that rainbow one you like''? I didn't reply luckily we stopped at the place, so I just got

out of the car without a reply to his question.

And I still wonder, how'd he find out I like Rainbow Dash? Maybe its because its my wallpaper on my laptop and my pc.

Anyway, I think he knows. I also think I'm gonna send those emails to my dad, the ones you send Ice. Because

I always send him emails when I can't say it in person... c:

Anyway, hes the only one that knows, sorta...

I don't think he knows about FiM, I think he only knows about those old G1s.

• Brohoof 1

No one that I know in real life knows that I'm a bronie, that I watch the show, or even the g4 cartoon exists........I prefer to keep it like that becuse I wanna avoid being messed around with alltogeather (I'm kinda quark of all the peaple I know, thinking and likeing things that others would make fun of me of, or thin is obscure)

My Dad watches the yogscast (He plays minecraft, quite the fan)

And the day when the new Mine Little Pony mod came out, about 2 hours later, my dad and

me went in the car to go get something to eat. And he brung a subject about the yogscast. And I was like

''What this time, new mod?'' And he said ''Yes, did you watch it'' And I replied ''Uhm.. Yes'' with a red face...

Then he went, ''Yenno that rainbow one you like''? I didn't reply luckily we stopped at the place, so I just got

out of the car without a reply to his question.

And I still wonder, how'd he find out I like Rainbow Dash? Maybe its because its my wallpaper on my laptop and my pc.

Anyway, I think he knows. I also think I'm gonna send those emails to my dad, the ones you send Ice. Because

I always send him emails when I can't say it in person... c:

Anyway, hes the only one that knows, sorta...

I don't think he knows about FiM, I think he only knows about those old G1s.

Eeyup, I always email my parents when I can't gather my thoughts in person

I haven't told my parents yet... But I went to my sister once about it and asked her to watch the Know Your Meme video on it, she stopped it halfway though and said "its seven minutes, im borrreddd."

Hehe that sounds like one of my friends. I tried to show her that "know your meme" video and she did the same thing. Of course she already liked MLP anyway, and she has ADHD so I was not too surprised.

Scenario 1:

Me >> "Mom, I like putting oreo's on my pepperoni pizza."

Mom >> "That's nice dear. no food until dinner."

Scenario 2:

Me >> "Mom, I watch My Little Pony every Saturday."

Mom >> "That's nice dear. No TV before homework."

Basically, no pony should care what you choose to like and dislike. In my opinion.

And, feeling the need to tell someone is as awkward as the example above.

Edited by MyKotoShi

My mom saw this website in my favorites and asked me why. She told "If you're liking My Little Pony, I'll send you to a doctor or a psychiatrist."

I told it was an accident and didn't has the bravery to told her ever since.

Tell her the truth! besides even if you do get set to a psychiatrist you could always talk about anything else that is/was bothering you.

the truth will set you free!