Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need more Brony/Pegasister friends!

Fluttashy

I have been on this site around nine months I guess and haven't formed any real bonds I guess with many of the members. I'm trying to be more active, but I'm really kind of shy. It's hard for me to start up conversations and make friends so to speak? I'm not trying to sound desperate. I just wish I had more friends in the fandom! >.> I'm a really nice person I'd like to think but these things just tend to be very awkward for me. I hope you'll understand.

• Brohoof 9

I know the feeling. though I have been here for about...a month now I believe.I joined this site hoping for the same thing. I figured my relative newness (for the lack of a better word) was something that I had to get over to start knowing people here. we can be friends. I normally check this site at least once a day

That sounds good to me! Feel free to message or add me! I love to interact with people if they iniate the contact. I'm just not good with starting up conversations first...

• Brohoof 1

I understand 100%. I have trouble starting conversations as well, not as much as I use to but still, the only way I usually start conversations now is by sending a friend a video or something :P.

Same here.

I guess I have a good reputation with the people of the forums, but I don't have any true friends on here really. I never have anything to do for half of my day, and it gets really lonely when you're someone like me. I've learned to isolate myself from the people that annoy me, so I am pretty much alone. 

• Brohoof 1

Stop being me! :v

Well, being in the same situation as you, I found my own way around it. I usually just let it happen naturally. Like, I don't go out searching for friends, I just let the friendship bond form naturally. Does it take time? Yes, but I'm used to that.

Also, seeing this thread makes it mandatory to friend you. So here ya go. :3

• Brohoof 1

I know that feel.

I will be your friend Twinkleshy,I am almost always

on the forums,so if you want to chat,feel free to PM me.

I am also very friendly.

Friendship brohoof if you accept it!

/)

That is all. (bows)

• Brohoof 1

I agree with letting the bond form naturally but it just hasn't happened yet. I made this thread so I could get to know some people. I want us to talk about well the fandom and whatever else we feel the need to. I have a lot of anxiety when it comes to talking to people. If I were a pony I would literally turn into fluttershy. We're so much alike it's scary >.>

Best way to make new friends: roleplays.

Even if it is a simple Slice of Life RP, the conversations generated in the OOC can help you open up to talking to new people. Or just welcome people in the Welcoming Mat. Chances are they're just like you and looking for a friend!

Oh, I also call being everyone who has posted in this thread's best friend ever. EVER.

• Brohoof 2

I have been on this site around nine months I guess and haven't formed any real bonds I guess with many of the members. I'm trying to be more active, but I'm really kind of shy. It's hard for me to start up conversations and make friends so to speak? I'm not trying to sound desperate. I just wish I had more friends in the fandom! >.> I'm a really nice person I'd like to think but these things just tend to be very awkward for me. I hope you'll understand.

You can be friends with me! I'm always down to talk about the show. I don't have any brony friends in real life and I've always wanted to talk to other bronies. I just became a member of this site a few days ago. Message me if you wanna talk.

Best way to make new friends: roleplays.

Even if it is a simple Slice of Life RP, the conversations generated in the OOC can help you open up to talking to new people. Or just welcome people in the Welcoming Mat. Chances are they're just like you and looking for a friend!

Oh, I also call being everyone who has posted in this thread's best friend ever. EVER.

I would love to join the role plays, but I have no idea where to start. I have my own OC, but the board kind of confuses me. Do I make a profile and join a random storyline?

Ok, this is getting stereotypical. The OP is Fluttershy and you are now Pinkie Pie. :P

Yeah, I might join an RP later on. I've been just too busy lately to do so. .-.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I know that feel. I know a lot of people, but I don't really participate in things like big Skype chats or Livestreams or anything that makes me really feel like a "part of the family". Best way is to just ask, I assume, about Skype and Livestreams. Most people would be happy if you just popped in and said hi. Not to mention look for RPs. Another thing you could do is make a status asking if anypony wants to talk. smile.png

Edited by AtomicBassCannon

Heh, don't we all...

I've been here about, hmm... six months.

Oh well. Enough about me.

If you ever want to, message me whenever you feel like it.

Although I wouldn't know what to talk about, honestly...

(edited)

I would love to join the role plays, but I have no idea where to start. I have my own OC, but the board kind of confuses me. Do I make a profile and join a random storyline?

First thing you want to do is browse around the Out-of-Topic part of Roleplay World and find an open roleplay that interests you. Then make a post expressing your interest and, if need-be, provide some info and/or a link to your character profile (you can make a handy profile for your OC here). Chances are you'll be accepted (I've yet to see someone NOT be accepted) and then you're off! wub.png

For everyone saying that they don't know how to strike up a conversation, try this:

You: "Hey, how much does a polar bear weigh?"

Them: "I'm not sure."

You: "Enough to break the ice. Hi, I'm Scoutaloo, your new best pal."

Edited by Scoutaloo
  • Brohoof 2

Thanks ill definetly check it then! I've seen some of the role plays. I think I'll try and find one that isn't so active yet. I also upload my OC profile soon. Thanks for the help! ^^

• Brohoof 2

I was kind of the same way when I first joined the forum. It seemed like everyone already had friends and I didn't know where to even begin posting. I didn't start conversations because I had no idea what to say or who to talk to. What I found helpful was posting a lot in forum games for a while, people will begin to recognize your name and you don't have to say much. I met some of my favorite people and started talking to a lot of people in there. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I was kind of the same way when I first joined the forum. It seemed like everyone already had friends and I didn't know where to even begin posting. I didn't start conversations because I had no idea what to say or who to talk to. What I found helpful was posting a lot in forum games for a while, people will begin to recognize your name and you don't have to say much. I met some of my favorite people and started talking to a lot of people in there. 

Now see, this is exactly who you DON'T want to be friends with. MissDerpy is crazy. Crazy, I tell you. CRAZY!!

I kid. Her and I are great friends. Most of the time. When she isn't "hacking" my account. wink.png But she has a point. One of the best forum games to hop in on is "How Famous is the User Above You?" or whatever it is called. You won't be rated terribly high to begin with, but as people see you they'll start remembering your username and avatar and say hi to you elsewhere on the site. 

Edited by Scoutaloo
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think I've participated in any forum games yet? I'm an admin on a sailor moon site and over all the forum games. I know that's pretty uncanny since I haven't made an effort to post in any forum games yet. Meh...

Now see, this is exactly who you DON'T want to be friends with. MissDerpy is crazy. Crazy, I tell you. CRAZY!!

I kid. Her and I are great friends. Most of the time. When she isn't "hacking" my account. wink.png

Don't pretend like you don't love me. I didn't hack your account, I just decided to make an interesting status update for you...for once. 

• Brohoof 1

Lol, so many people in the same situation, This seems to be a great place to start making friends. Especially now that you have established common grounds.

• Brohoof 1

Yes we just all need to break out of our shells and make friends! I feel better already lol. I've gotten like 20 frind requests in the last 20 min. Thank you every pony! ^^

• Brohoof 2

I've been here for a while and don't really know anyone, either. I'm just too shy. I'm interested in RP, but never really worked up the courage to start... If anyone wants to chat, I'm game! 

• Brohoof 1

You know what this place needs? A chatroom. That would make all of this friend-making so much easier.

I don't usually add friends myself, so if anyone wants to be my pal, poke my lazy butt and let me know. happy.png

• Brohoof 1