Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You Ever Get Favorite Pony Bias?

Shanks

Yeah, Gilda's actions are certainly more forgivable (or maybe acceptable. I'm  not quite sure how to word it) and understandable. When I said DT needs the most defending, I meant that I've run into hatred for DT the most often, partly because I went looking for it and partly because there's a lot going around. I don't know how popular Gilda's hate is, especially since I never looked into it, and I don't know how it stacks up to DT's.

Oh well. It's just one of those things. You make a "I can't stand Rainbow Dash" thread and everyone's up in arms to defend her. You make a "I can't stand Diamond Tiara" thread and everyone agrees; the defense is few and far between. Of course, this isn't the most fair comparison since Rainbow Dash has a more expanded on character and gets much more focus in the show; what I mean is that DT is just a character that's popular to hate right now.

yeah, I know its a little unfair. But I think hasbro creates characters like DT and gilda as characters you just love to hate. I personally hate it when they try to force an interesting character into a situation you know fans will hate them for. Some characters have so much hate bias that it kind of contradicts the whole "love and tolerate" thing.

We all have our favourites and of course it's easier to explain away some flaws that our favourites have and we are more impressed and endeared by their qualities... well, that's why they're our favourites I guess! Pinkie Pie is my very favourite pony, she's so energetic and her energy and laughter is contagious, I love that about her! Plus, she's athletic and (I believe) a genius :) lol

• Brohoof 2

Well, I don't hate a single character on the show, and I stand by that. I think they all have their roles to play in the show, and that's what I love about every character; they fit in somewhere.

Yet... I do have some favorite pony bias. Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony, so of course when someone says something about her I'm there to defend her. Applejack and Pinkie Pie are tied for second place on my favorite pony list, so I also find myself biased toward them as well. However, I try my best to recognize that bias and tone it down when I am defending or debating things, because I refuse to let that get in the way of logic and reason.

But those three are still all best pony in my book.

*Smiles*

• Brohoof 2

yeah, I know its a little unfair. But I think hasbro creates characters like DT and gilda as characters you just love to hate. I personally hate it when they try to force an interesting character into a situation you know fans will hate them for. Some characters have so much hate bias that it kind of contradicts the whole "love and tolerate" thing.

Well, I wrote about it in my blog but I think DT and Gilda don't really make it into the "love to hate" territory unlike Chrysalis Sombra etc. Their evil ways are just too mundane it seems, so they end up just being hated. 

Still, I think that's enough about DT and Gilda. Don't get me wrong,I like talking about DT as much as the next DT fanatic but I don't wanna hijack the topic. img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

I should also admit that I have some bias against Rainbow Dash simply because she's the sort like the token cool character. Of course there are other aspects to her character, but she just gives off those cool guy vibes and I just don't like those types of characters.

I am caught in a three way street between Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy....and maybe Luna. WAIT! That's a four way street...or is it? I'M CONFUSED! D:

Yeah, I probably have a bias towards Twilight. Just having her show up in an episode will make me like it. I think I may be slightly obsessed, actually.

Oh, and by the way, everything about Twilight is amazing and if you disagree you're wrong.

Imjustjokingplsdonthurtmethx

• 7 months later...

I thought I would revive this topic because I have noticed favorite pony bias becoming a factor for quite a few people in the episode Bats with it being a factor in people sympathizing with Applejack or Fluttershy. It wasn't the only reason why I was slightly more sympathetic to Applejack but I will admit it did play a role in that even if I did understand where Fluttershy was coming from.

When I was newer to liking the show I was thinking I liked Rainbow Dash. Then I started liking Pinkie Pie I later found out about vinyl scratch and I really liked her. Until I saw the episode with derpy talking <3

In my eyes, each pony has their merits and flaws, and thus are all number 1 in my book in some way.  As far as any favorite bias goes, I have chosen Pinkie Pie as my favorite because her character and how she presents herself throughout the series has been something that never ceases to brighten my mood IRL, not to mention the amazing silly fan works of her antics. She truely brings a smile to me without fail, and although the other characters have their moments, Pinkie Pie is king/queen/whathaveyou of my smiles.

My husband like Luna most of all; he is in denial of being a brony, yet he insists we watch new episodes together and we have very deep conversations about plot, character and canon/fanon of the show sometimes. Other than his Buckle Down key holder with Luna, he has nothing pony of his own, and is a bit freaked out by my Build A Bear Pinkie staring down his soul while he sleeps (lol).....I can't figure out why he likes Luna, and I live with him!?!?!

Not at all best pony to me is an on going competition.

not a life time appointment.

I feel flutter shy has not delivered this season so twilight sparkle gets the title best pony by default.

I had rainbow dash around 5-6 going into season 4,

i got her in the top 3 now based on flight to the finish and daring don't.

I'm expecting rarity to go up from her 4th place easily in the next episode.
It should be a no brainier.

Hell rarity might even earn best pony.

specially if she shines and twilight sucks in the same episode.

I think it's a bit difficult to tell who my best pony is

Yeah it is pretty hard :huh:  who was your favorite pony again man ?? :P 

I may like Cheerilee the best but there are many others I like as well. I like AJ alot for her honesty and hard working ethics a lot. AJ has really moved up on my list. Pinkie Pie I love her for her cheerful attitude and she tends to put herself second to her friends.  

Yeah it is pretty hard :huh:  who was your favorite pony again man ?? :P

I may like Cheerilee the best but there are many others I like as well. I like AJ alot for her honesty and hard working ethics a lot. AJ has really moved up on my list. Pinkie Pie I love her for her cheerful attitude and she tends to put herself second to her friends.  

you should check out ultra fast ponies cherlee.  she's akeeper.

like the cmc have ruined her nerves.

With the first Rarity episode since season 2 favorite pony bias seemed to hit Rarity fans big time, not that I as an Applejack fan blame them but the only argument in favor of the episode so far that has made sense to me is that Rarity may have been over the top in the beginning of the episode to compensate for her insecurities which would be consistent with her behavior throughout the series. The argument hasn't sold me but it has convinced me to give the episode a third chance. This kind of reminds me of when Spike At Your Service first aired, alot of people hated that episode and I didn't quite get why in part because my favorite pony bias toward Applejack made me like the episode even more than I would have otherwise. Looking at it later though I could see why, I have long took issue with how inconsistently Spike has been written lately with his doofus side which while it is part of his character seems to be his only character in recent episodes. I still liked the episode but do understand a bit more where the critics are coming from.

I'm not biased. I just know that Rainbow Dash is the coolest, most awesome pony to ever live, plus she's an amazingly incredible athlete and has great taste in music. It's just the truth. 

• Brohoof 1

I try to think of all the characters as equals. I have some friends who just tear apart certain characters they dislike. I never got why some people get so angry about ponies they dislike.

I think I naturally try to defend my favorite ponies since I have a lot of friends who are always complaining about how much my favorite pony sucks. I mean, Twilight isn't that bad is she? :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Oh god yes. I have great Rarity bias, and my jimmies always get rustled when I hear people talking smack about her. I love her because she's just so funny. She makes me laugh way more than Pinkie Pie does. She's also one of the most interesting IMO, as far as personality goes.

Even with my Rarity bias though, my perception of many of the mane 6 have been increasing over time (with the exception of Twilight, who has been consistently dropping on my favorite pony list because she's so bland, and her princesshood is stupid)

I never liked Rainbow Dash, but she's totally grown on me in the past couple episodes centered around her and is starting to beat out Applejack as my second favorite.

Edited by crazitaco