Shanks

I do have three favs:Scoot, Luna and Fluttershy and I love

it when i see them and such but in truth do I have a bit of

a odd standing when it comes to a pony?  I would say yes a

bit when it comes to Dash sometimes in being a center Hog a bit

and wanting all focas on her but that is also one of her traits

so when she does go over the top,  and redeems herself well

it works out and such. 

Certainly. A year ago I would bash anyone who happens to bash Applejack, and though I'm not so bothered by any AJ hate now, it still irks me to see background pony jokes, despite the farmer pony proving over and over again that she's a main character enough to be otherwise. Some people still find that overused joke funny. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm not biased. I just know that Rainbow Dash is the coolest, most awesome pony to ever live, plus she's an amazingly incredible athlete and has great taste in music. It's just the truth. 

Thank you!

There is nothing wrong with recognizing the excellence of a character, especially one as excellent as our dear friend Rainbow Dash.

No bias involved at all.

Of course not.

• Brohoof 1

Everyone knows Twilight is my favorite. I've made that as plain as can be. ^_^

Nah, not much bias here. For as much as I love Twilight, I'm neutral on the whole alicorn business and I'm not bothered by those who dislike it. I love Twilight for who she is but I recognize that she's imperfect and makes bad decisions every now and then. She's also not best princess despite me joking that she is sometimes. I won't get into who is, just acknowledging that Twilight is not regardless of how much I'm enamored with her. :P

• Brohoof 1

With the first Rarity episode since season 2 favorite pony bias seemed to hit Rarity fans big time, not that I as an Applejack fan blame them but the only argument in favor of the episode so far that has made sense to me is that Rarity may have been over the top in the beginning of the episode to compensate for her insecurities which would be consistent with her behavior throughout the series. 

I've always found us to be rabid about our best pony, for the most part.

I'm the fricken' embodiment of a rabid Rarity fan :D

Yeahh. Sent it early somehow, hold up.

Yeahh, I mean, I'm madly in love with RTM still, even if a new episode has aired since you made this post.

But hey, man, pony bias is fun to me :D You think I'm forcing myself to be a huge Rarity fan? No :D I force myself to defend her, even though I don't want to, but I sincerely enjoy Miss Rarity's character as much as I let off. Doesn't mean I don't care about the others at all :D

Objectively, today's episode was probably better than RTM.

But being subjective is part of the magic to me :D 

I dunno about y'all, but I really wouldn't have as much fun as I do watching the show if I looked at every aspect of every episode and every character totally objectively.

A little hardcore fanboying is good for the soul, you know? :wub:

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

I have to admit. I occasionally get bias when it comes to my favorite and the best pony, Pinkie Pie. There's just times where I simply can't help it. I've been in love with her since A Friend In Deed. And of course, as fans of the show with each of our own unique tastes, you're bound to see different tastes and bias when it comes to the pony characters. It's only natural. But yes I'm guilty of that sometimes. Though most of the time, it's merely in a jokingly manner that I will get all bias for Pinkie Pie. In a serious discussion, I usually make sure to treat all the ponies as being equal and put all my bias to the side.

But for fun and games, of course I will get favorite pony bias. ^_^

Edited by Dsanders

(edited)

I've always found us to be rabid about our best pony, for the most part.

Give some credit to us Applejack fans, we can be pretty rowdy too. You ought to have seen all the AJ fans when we had this most attractive pony tournament last year, AJ didn't win (Lyra did) but I am proud to say thanks in part to me efforts of yours truly, Clarity and some others and a whole lot of pics she sure made it quite far. When I first realized she had a shot I said "holy apple cider Batman AJ has a shot of winning this."

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

Give some credit to us Applejack fans, we can be pretty rowdy too. You ought to have seen all the AJ fans when we had this most attractive pony tournament last year, AJ didn't win (Lyra did) but I am proud to say thanks in part to me efforts of yours truly, Clarity and some others and a whole lot of pics she sure made it quite far. When I first realized she had a shot I said "holy apple cider Batman AJ has a shot of winning this."

That's the beauty of the AJ and Rarity fans, eh? :D

We're small in size, but our dedication is unmatchable, and, in most cases, only the RD fans can compare :D

Pony bias makes the show interesting for most people, and I think that's doubly the case with Rarity and AJ fans :D

• Brohoof 1

Everyone has a bias of course. It's no different than being a little kid and having a favorite character and centering your interest on said character. My favorite immediate characters in the show are Rainbow Dash, Twilight, Chrysalis, Apple Jack and Sunset Shimmers. Rainbow Dash was the reason why I got into the show. But now Twilight is actually becoming a better character now, when I first got into the show, she was actually a character I never liked. 

Dash's issues are that she is too cocky, too cocky for her own good. She is too much of a female Sonic. But she is a 90s centric character and that's something I love. I will admit in terms of character, Rainbow Dash has more quality. Twilight started out to bland and stereotypical, but now she is getting better. 

3rd post in here? No big, yo.

Seriously, though; I doesn't matter if people play favoritism here with the ponies, I personally find it really enjoyable.

I don't set out to be the #1 Rarity fan around here legitimately, and I really wouldn't have cared if people weren't saying that in the "Biggest Fans Topic." (Sorta worried my constant mentions are creating tension here.) 

Favorite ponies are all for fun, and we all have bias. I have a lot of fun constantly fanboying over Rarity; sometimes people make it tough to be able to enjoy her and not defend her, but I don't think that anything will take this away from me, because it makes me so happy. I love the others a lot, but hell, I'd be lying if I didn't say Rarity was extra-special to me :wub:

I mean, if you don't have a favorite, good for you; but I'm sure we all have that one pony that we sorta squee at when we see them on-screen, whether it be a mane 6, secondary, or even a background character, I'm sure that all of us have one we love to see get a little screen-time.

It's all in good fun, man. The term "best pony" pretty much means "my favorite pony," not that we think the others are plebs or something, and I get a bit irked when people say "OH THERE IS NO BEST PONY THEY'RE ALL EQUAL." 

Well, no shit, Sherlock :okiedokielokie:

I fully support anyone having extreme favoritism for any pony, (even if I don't really understand) because of how happy being a huge Rarity fan has made me, and I'm sure it'll help out with other people, too :)

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

Seriously, though; I doesn't matter if people play favoritism here with the ponies, I personally find it really enjoyable.

Alot of other people do too, a year ago there was even a "best fan" tournament, and pretty much everyone treated it as it was just a fun a little game with no jelousy or hurt feelings. I was only there for a few months when the tournament was started and wasn't well as well known as the other AJ fans yet I jokingly said "I am not nominated? And here I thought you all liked me." Some of the winners aren't active anymore or as active as they used to be and there are some new faces here so I am curious as to see how such a tournament would pan out now. Clarity is not as active as she was before and Spastic Shotty was permabanned so my biggest competition for best AJ fan would probably be Sugarcube.

• Brohoof 3

I think that one of the great things about different people having different ponies is that it allows others to explain why they like their favorites, and because of that we could see a character from another perspective and allow that perspective to give us a better appreciation of them, even if theyre not our favorite.  I know for instance that some of my softened stance on Rainbow Dash is due to some insights from other fans.  She's still not that high on my list, but I think I can now better appreciate what she brings to the table because of this. 

• Brohoof 2

I know for instance that some of my softened stance on Rainbow Dash is due to some insights from other fans.

And negative feedback can sometimes have that effect too interestingly enough, the friend that got me into ponies like me is a big Applejack fan (though he likes Zecora even more) but he has to be the most hard core Rarity hater I know. He is not one of those people that flames or trolls people about it but he really really dosen't like Rarity in large part because she reminds him of his mother who has a very very dysfunctional relationship with (that is all the detail I am going into). I have said many times that I didn't care for Rarity that much at first even if I was never a hard core hater but the things he was saying about her made me think "she can't be that bad." So I wanted to know what her fans saw in her, and I soon got plenty of answers which caused me to slowly start to like her and eventually had Fluttershy take her place as my least favorite mane 6 (I still like Fluttershy though and they are now both in my top 10 favorite character overall) and writing a fanfic with her as the mane character did force me to see things from her point of view a bit more.

• Brohoof 2

I try to treat characters equally. I don't usually get that sort of bias.

I dunno buddy, you got Twilight as a Sniper in your avatar and signature...

Biased! Why isn't every character in your avatar and signature!

Just kidding of course...

Except that you should have Rainbow Dash because she is twice as awesome as you think she is. That's right, however awesome you think Rainbow Dash is, she's actually twice as awesome. And since I think she's even more awesome than a mud wrestling match between giant robots that are on fire, you can only imagine how awesome she really is.

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely. I've been said to rival ghost in his favoritism over Rarity in my favoritism over Twilight Sparkle.

And yet, I don't really collect merchandise of her because I'm broke.

• Brohoof 1

Fellas, you're looking at the most objective and level-headed fan on MLPF right here, who needs to be going to bed soon  :comeatus: 

Tell me, though; what do you think of when you here "ghostfacekiller39"? Objectivity? Logic? Level-headeness? No preference? All of the above?

Oh, wait, what the hell am I saying?

WAIFU FTW DAWG!!! :D

20120816161018!Rarity.png

• Brohoof 1

Yes! I do have a Pinkie Pie bias. Even when she does something stupid, I blame her situation or enviorment rather than Pinks herself. I don't mean to, but I do.

I used to be biased about AppleJack all the time.

Now, I realize that being pony-biased gets you know where.

Some people will disagree with you no matter what.

No such thing as "best pony".

Unless Chuck Noris says there is.

There will always be a slight biases, since there's like only so many characters in a fandom.

Unless you want to be all, "My favorite is random pony number 172" :P